Don’t be Krul

Is there a CDM out there we can get?

Seems to me a lot of our problems stem from not having someone in the Skipp mould, someone who has the ability to read a game and break play up, especially with Normann out for at least another 5-6 weeks. For me Skipp and (to a lesser extent) Normann are as big a miss as Buendia, if not more so in a lot of ways. So, is there anyone out there we can afford in January or maybe come on loan? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is either Mendy or Choudhury at Leicester.

Anyone else?

I agree this is where we need to strengthen to push Gilmour and Normann higher up the pitch.

But I think we will really struggle to attract anybody here in January. The solutions have to come from within could Sorensen, Bryam  or Mumba do a job for example.

Edited by Ulfotto

Watching Skipp last season wasn't difficult. Stay where you are needed. Don't go marauding upfield. Pass the ball to a team mate and move into space.

Sorenson looks like is disciplined for that role.

Unless you have a massive charitable streak as a player and have a point to prove anyone coming is likely to be with the notion of playing in the Championship. 

Best we can hope for now is beating Derby’s record. 

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Unless you have a massive charitable streak as a player and have a point to prove anyone coming is likely to be with the notion of playing in the Championship. 

I take it you had a joyful Christmas!!

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I take it you had a joyful Christmas!!

It was good thanks.

In terms of football I’m just very realistic. I’m just frustrated with how things have turned out, feel a bit of a fool for believing the hype over recruitment in the summer. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ben Pearson is a violet, angry toad of a man who I dislike immensly..But we need someone with his kind of fight.

This is the sort of player we need...if not specifically him

There has to be some championship clogger out there who can put his foot in

Obviously we're not going to prise away someone playing regularly for a top side on course for promotion but someone in a team lower down the table who fancys a 6 month crack in the premier league.

We're not asking for an Ollie Skipp...we're asking for someone who can do a better job in that role than Gilmour and the seemingly unfancied Sorenson whilst Normann is out

Normann is your classic box-to-box No. 8 central midfielder. Can tackle, can pass, can take a player on, has a decent shot, but lacks defensive discipline to do the sitting role (and this would actually prohibit his previously mentioned decent attributes anyway), so he has to play the CM role. Gilmour is too weak at this stage to play any role in a team fighting at the bottom, but would be best deployed as a attacking mid, receiving the ball from the DM and knitting play together. 

We are therefore crying out for a DM, as posters above have already stated this should have been our #1 target from the get go. You can have Kylian Mbappe up top but if you can't stop the opposition scoring or at the very least, stay in games to steal something at the end, then you're going nowhere. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ben Pearson is a violet, angry toad of a man who I dislike immensly..But we need someone with his kind of fight.

That is a strange colour. Is he an Oompa Loompa?

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I think another 2 points out of 60 is probably within our capabilities but you never know 😬

• Haha 1