Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Lockdown

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I also think there needs to be a clear line in the sand drawn between genuine anti vaxers and then people who are anti vaccine passports, anti lockdown ect ect. People like to group them all together. I’ve had the virus and the vaccines. I am massively against discriminating against members of society based on a health decision. And quite honestly I can’t understand the mentality of someone who would be “pro lockdown” That surely has to be a worst case scenario last resort with all the damage that comes with that 

Nobody should want a lockdown, that would be insanity,  I am however of the opinion that exponential growth makes it hard to know when a situation is desperate enough to justify it. The UK is in an insanely difficult spot, the first heavily vaccinated but aging population that has omicron as a dominant variant.  That makes it the petri-dish that every other government in the western world will use as the example for their decision making. It does mean that whichever decision is made in the UK will be imperfect as it will be based on assumptions that maybe wrong. 

I dislike the grouping aswell because there's a spectrum of opinion there. In my opinion from the reasonably a bit worried to the bat**** insane. 

I have said before why I do agree with vaccine passports as long as people have the option of providing a negative test instead. I got compared to a certain mustachioed previous leader of Germany for it though so will refrain from doing that again,  but I accept that's a contentious opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Some of you seething that we haven’t lost more freedoms today 🤣🤣

pound shop pinkun commies at it again

A good point, well made.

8 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

27th December  until 10th January according to a reliable source.How will this affect January's games? Prem meeting today.

Here we go. Please quote your reliable source. You may be right, but it’s easy to say this without providing any evidence 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

False information 

Thanks for quoting a misinformation twitter account at me. 

This is why we're not moving forward beyond this thing already. Too many people don't want to do their part. 

Ignorant, scared and selfish. 

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Not sure the Liverpool Echo has ever been called reliable before 😉. Noises coming out of Downing St. this morning on the radio is this is unlikely, but you never know with this mob. If they do it on the 27th then they need to get on and announce it, not that I think people will abide by it anyway this time. 

56 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not sure the Liverpool Echo has ever been called reliable before 😉. Noises coming out of Downing St. this morning on the radio is this is unlikely, but you never know with this mob. If they do it on the 27th then they need to get on and announce it, not that I think people will abide by it anyway this time. 

Was the first one from a Google search. Was plenty of others with similar stories, presumably from the same source. 

True though Ken, can't trust a scouser!

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Here we go. Please quote your reliable source. You may be right, but it’s easy to say this without providing any evidence 

Or I could have not shared it at all. 

Edit: I did quote my source. I presume that you meant I should tell you who she is. Within hours the same information was leaked to the press. 

Perhaps you could try to remember that this is a football forum, not a fluking courtroom.

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Thanks for quoting a misinformation twitter account at me. 

This is why we're not moving forward beyond this thing already. Too many people don't want to do their part. 

Ignorant, scared and selfish. 

Have you noticed how, when presented with facts, covid pant wetters declare it false and ignore it. 

Hilarious. 

Is it ignorant to not want millions of kids futures ruined so a few old people, who would die of flu anyway, don't die for a few more months? 

Or that hundreds of thousands have existing or future cancer care messed up for something the is basically a cold? 

The hysteria around covid is now insane and people need to take a look at the data, take their masks off, get jabbed, and grow up. 

• Like 1