TeemuVanBasten

Cantwell straight down the tunnel...

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I don't think he has looked much worse than anyone else on the pitch over the past couple of games. The whole team looks absolutely bereft of any ideas and confidence or indeed ability to even try and win a football match. It looked very much like we were playing for the draw last night which is not really acceptable at home

The past couple of games does include the Man Utd fixture which was complete chalk and cheese to yesterday's abysmal showing.

OK injuries and Covid haven't helped but that hardly explains the complete lack of fight we saw last night.

Puzzling.

Being lazy, haven't read the thread - seems to have descended into the usual suspects b1tch fest 

But, did anyone else notice that no one actually wanted to pass to him? He was often in space out on the left but instead he was overlooked for most of the first half. Williams, Gilmour and Gibson all opting to pass to each other or switch play rather than to TC, even though he was obviously in a better position to receive the ball. 

24 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Statistically, or in your head?

Past 12 matches (Mid september!)

Todd: 126 mins (Max per game: 61 mins)

Placheta: 147 mins (Max per game: 75 mins)

Sorensen: 168 mins (Max per game: 90 mins)

Past 4 matches

Todd: 81 Mins

Placheta: 145 mins

Sorensen: 168 Mins

Don't let facts get in the way of a negative bias, of course:-

So you've just arbitrarily picked the date of 16th September for what reason exactly? Because that was the date which suited your argument?

What about the 2 x 90 minute run outs for the Under 23s that he has had since then which were intended to help him build his fitness? Nether Placheta or Sorenson have had an U23 game this season. 

Placheta had played 2 minutes of competitive football prior to starting and playing well against Man Utd, absolutely tragic that you would attempt to try and spin that the way you have, pathetic.

Major kudos to Placheta for getting himself in shape after a month out with an injury and then keeping himself in shape to ensure readiness should he be given an opportunity, and then grasping that opportunity with both hands. Cantwell should look at Placheta and realise where he is going wrong, and people like you are not helping by being Cantwell apologists and desperately seeking out ways to justify his failure. 

Professional football is sink or swim, and Cantwell is sinking. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The past couple of games does include the Man Utd fixture which was complete chalk and cheese to yesterday's abysmal showing.

OK injuries and Covid haven't helped but that hardly explains the complete lack of fight we saw last night.

Puzzling.

And yet at the start of the season, I believe stats had him as covering the most ground and making the most tackles.

The word from some of the journalists out there is that it was personal issues relating to his family. If that's the case, it can explain a lot. And probably should be listened to ahead of some folks on here who have always slated him and not even hidden that they believe it could be because of his sexual orientation. 

1 minute ago, Thumbbass said:

But, did anyone else notice that no one actually wanted to pass to him?

There definitely appears to be a downwards feel to the team when he starts, this was the worse performance since Southampton where he started also.  He just doesn't look anywhere near up to speed and lacks pace to be out wide - particularly against a team like Villa, but even then yes noticed he was in space and not fed.

(IMO) When Kabak went off injured we should've put Sorensen at CB, Billy at CDM, Cantwell into central Mid, and brought on Dimi to play wide left.  The changes Smith made just further isolated Todd and didn't provide any energy coming in to the team which we desperately needed.

But people saying Dimi had symptoms and perhaps shouldn't have been on the bench, so who knows what state many of the players were in.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

But people saying Dimi had symptoms and perhaps shouldn't have been on the bench, so who knows what state many of the players were in.

Smith said in his post match interview that Gianoullis was feeling unwell.

Another option would have been Williams to DM and Byram or Mumba to FB. Tbh, not convinced it would have been enough. 

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There definitely appears to be a downwards feel to the team when he starts, this was the worse performance since Southampton where he started also.  He just doesn't look anywhere near up to speed and lacks pace to be out wide - particularly against a team like Villa, but even then yes noticed he was in space and not fed.

(IMO) When Kabak went off injured we should've put Sorensen at CB, Billy at CDM, Cantwell into central Mid, and brought on Dimi to play wide left.  The changes Smith made just further isolated Todd and didn't provide any energy coming in to the team which we desperately needed.

I feel the whole squad last night were well below par? Wether we have more covid issues time will tell. We will know doubt be updated soon. It was a very lethargic display to say the least. Covid is back and is here to stay. Strange times ahead me 🤔 thinks.

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So you've just arbitrarily picked the date of 16th September for what reason exactly? Because that was the date which suited your argument?

It was "Your" argument, one of misguided facts used as a tool to slate the guy, so I took the figures for a 3 month/12 game period and short-term 4 game period.

My point is that we should support the lad as he's had some personal issues to deal with and very little game time.  We know he's a great deal better than what he's displaying.  Why you would take opposition to that, Who knows (?!)

Can only presume you have a personal vendetta against him, based on your immature suggestions that he's perhaps gay for struggling personal issues:

image.thumb.png.7f389d327b68fd4ad4c4c091a5131e0b.png

And desire to name call based on personal discrimination for how he looks or acts:

image.png.220d78b7ef4afc5d3cad67674123693e.png

Get behind the lad you sad ****.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

If Cantwell's "personal issues" are that severe that they affect his performances for Norwich, then he should get himself signed off from work and make himself unavailable for selection.

Obviously, the real reason for the abject showings on the pitch, is the guy doesn't want to be here. It's plainly obvious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Get behind the lad you sad ****.

No, I don't like him and I've run out of patience. Only he can sort out his performances.

And this is all very rich from somebody who was calling Angus Gunn a "poor signing" and "over-priced" the other day...

... only played two games, finished one with a clean sheet and the other was against one of the best sides in the world.

I questioned why we decided to invest so much in a backup keeper, but harsh to start calling him a poor signing and overpriced having barely seen him kick a ball! 

28 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

My point is that we should support the lad as he's had some personal issues to deal with

We've all got personal issues mate, particularly during a pandemic. Think about our new overseas players who can't travel easily to see friends or relatives. Didn't Placheta literally have a bad case of covid?

He confirmed in late October that it isn't mental health related... so perhaps he should suck it up and knuckle down, to perform satisfactorily in his very well paid job how about that? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

17 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm not sure TC could hack a central role atm. Sticking him out wide seemed to be the lesser of many evils but he is no winger. I'm not sure what he is now, he just seems so jaded it's unbelievable that he was ever any good. Chris Sutton calling him out will hurt. Up until now it's been tools on social media trolling and bullying, but a club legend sticking his head above the parapet and calling it as it is will hit home no doubt. 

Kabak was weird too. The crowd started to turn and he almost collapsed under the pressure of it. All very toxic last night. I don't enjoy losing but that was something else.

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We've all got personal issues mate

Clearly. 

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He confirmed in late October that it isn't mental health related... so perhaps he should suck it up and knuckle down, to perform satisfactorily in his very well paid job how about that? 

You don't even know what he has to suck up, so what a stupid thing to say. Even more so that he's trying to get back in to the swing of playing yet there's idiots like yourself who want to cast aspersion regarding his sexuality to a media piece, or use discriminating nicknames based on looks.  You're a class A **** in this instance, really. 

Personal issues can lead to mental issues, but don't let that tarnish your well established effeminate "Disney princess" discrimination of the guy. 

if you've ever known anyone with Mental health issues, they're very reluctant to let it out publicly as it's much harder to break away from it.  It's almost like an alcohol addiction where people won't admit to it until it affects their ability to function daily.  Having an issue to contend with AND being constantly being reminded of it will bring a breaking point.

When he sent that message out in October, you have no idea what state of mind he was in, or what he was going through.  You also don't know how he felt afterwards.  But it's clear there was a breaking point when he sent that out, as rescinded afterwards.

Seems as though, unless he tells the world what personal issues he had, what doctors he saw and how he feels now you'll give him no benefit of doubt.

And therein sits my point, I say support him in this low period of recovery, you'd rather ridicule and apply negative bias based on physical appearances.  Really quite sad.

42 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Kabak was weird too. The crowd started to turn and he almost collapsed under the pressure of it.

Yeah that was weird, I really feared for him after seeing Lindelof and his heart/chest issue at our end previous match.  Kabak got the ball, seemed to freeze and look in different directions, crowd boo'd, kicked it off and went down.   I really thought he was having some kind of seizure, or something.

It felt really dead last night.  McLean nicking that goal could've been the spark that never came perhaps?  Don't know, but you're right was a very strange atmosphere all round.

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

there's idiots like yourself who want to cast aspersion regarding his sexuality

Sexuality? What on earth are you on about?

Go on?

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Statistically, or in your head?

Past 12 matches (Mid september!)

Todd: 126 mins (Max per game: 61 mins)

Placheta: 147 mins (Max per game: 75 mins)

Sorensen: 168 mins (Max per game: 90 mins)

Past 4 matches

Todd: 81 Mins

Placheta: 145 mins

Sorensen: 168 Mins

Don't let facts get in the way of a negative bias, of course:-

Can't get over the absolute ridiculousness of this, when Placheta has had long covid and had played 2 minutes of competitive football this season before starting against Man Utd, and hasn't even had an U23 game to assist with his return to fitness.

What an absolute melt you are to try and make out that Todd Cantwell (440 minutes for first team + 180 minutes for U23 team) had played fewer minutes.

What a way to deny the huge credit that Placheta deserves for getting himself into this physical condition and put himself into real  contention for regular football, absolutely completely devoid of any respect for that achievement and unwilling to give him any praise at all for that then are you? 

He is the example that Cantwell should seek to follow. Both 23 and about to be 24 by the way, looks like Placheta might go on to surpass Cantwell in his career as a result of attitude, despite Cantwell possessing more talent.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

57 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You keep saying that but you just don't know. One of the traits with personal issues is admitting that you have them.

Something is not right with Todd and it's not just a fitness thing. He looks lost, doesn't know where to be on the pitch and is avoiding physical contact. 

The amount of hate shown against him in the ground last night was really disappointing. Not many clubs fans would treat one of there own like that.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You keep saying that but you just don't know. One of the traits with personal issues is admitting that you have them.

Exactly this, well said.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What a way to deny the huge credit that Placheta deserves for getting himself into this physical condition and put himself into real  contention for regular football

Well you've pissed me off with this comment well done, if that was your aim.  Gonna block you for a week as genuinely you're one of my favourite posters on here and don't want to fall out.

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well you've pissed me off with this comment well done, if that was your aim.  Gonna block you for a week as genuinely you're one of my favourite posters on here and don't want to fall out.

OK see you in a week.

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

OK I'll take that on board.

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

image.thumb.png.7f389d327b68fd4ad4c4c091a5131e0b.png

This screenshot strips the context out of the post.

It was around this time that Daniel Farke said that Todd Cantwell had been missing due to an achilles and some "personal issues"

It was also around this time that Todd Cantwell said that his problems were not with his mental health.

And it was also around this time that Amal Fashanu said that she was in frequent contact with a Premier League footballer who was in therapy as they were afraid to come out and it had impacted their performances. 

Like, this was all in the same week. So you may think that it is a bit immature, and that I'm a gossip and that this speculation isn't helpful, and that's fine, but if it is the case that you think that speculation is unhelpful and impacts Todd Cantwell negatively then why are you dragging it up and posting it everywhere on a thread about Todd Cantwell which Todd Cantwell might read, two months after it had long been forgotten about?  

As it happens, I think it would be brilliant if Norwich City had the first openly gay top flight footballer since Justin Fashanu, rather quite fitting, and if on the off chance, entirely hypothetically, this was Cantwell's issue... I suspect he'd be pleasantly surprised at how quickly Norwich fans would rally around to support him, and how away fans would loudly back his corner if he encountered the neanderthal elements of other teams supporters at any stage. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

why are you dragging it up and posting it everywhere on a thread about Todd Cantwell which Todd Cantwell might read, two months after it had long been forgotten about?  

Yeah, exactly, who does that? Dragging up old posts? Pathetic.

Edited by canarydan23

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What a way to deny the huge credit that Placheta deserves for getting himself into this physical condition and put himself into real  contention for regular football, absolutely completely devoid of any respect for that achievement and unwilling to give him any praise at all for that then are you? 

He is the example that Cantwell should seek to follow. Both 23 and about to be 24 by the way, looks like Placheta might go on to surpass Cantwell in his career as a result of attitude, despite Cantwell possessing more talent.

Is that the same Placheta who you kept saying should work in Lidl (or something similar)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chicken said:

For gawds sake man, don't be posting stuff like that which goes against the running theme of whipping the poor lad.

Just join in whilst recalling such threads of past -
- Is it because he wants to come out?
- It's because he has an attitude problem.
- It's because he thinks he's better than he is.
- It's because he's mental (as in has mental health issues).
- It's because he spends too much time on instagram.
- It's because he spends too much time on social media.
- It's because of his hair (no one likes his hair).
- It's because he's too weak and get's shoved off the ball to easily (despite stats suggesting otherwise).

We can go on at this point.

I like his hair, mine is dark  and straight( like  me😉) i always wanted  blond curly locks.

57 minutes ago, kirku said:

Is that the same Placheta who you kept saying should work in Lidl (or something similar)?

Don't insult the guy, I said Next!

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I like his hair, mine is dark  and straight( like  me😉) i always wanted  blond curly locks.

Just remembered our bet Corky. How you feeling about that bet after that performance? 

This is a one-time offer, but if £50 is actually quite a lot of money to you then I'm happy to revise downwards to £25, I don't want to feel guilty as its very clear that you are going to be on the hook for it. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just remembered our bet Corky. How you feeling about that bet after that performance? 

This is a one-time offer, but if £50 is actually quite a lot of money to you then I'm happy to revise downwards to £25, I don't want to feel guilty as its very clear that you are going to be on the hook for it. 

I'll let you deal with your own guilt TuB, as I said in my initial  response  ..  £50 will neither float or sink me so I'm cool with it. If all it costs me is £50  for you to do some soul searching , happy days. Money well spent, going to a good cause, what's not to like.

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

£50 will neither float or sink me so I'm cool with it. 

That's good, I just didn't want to cause you hardship, not being presumptuous... I just don't know you.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten