Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

If there is no announcement today then starting to worry

Who ever takes over will not have time to assess the full squad maybe three days training if appointed by this weekend.  Intl's home Tues, Wed or Thurs.  Team to play Saints will be team against Bees.  If pressed U23 coach can step in.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I thought Webber had made his mind up on the Thursday but the final decision wasn't taken by the board until the morning of the Brentford game?

Not sure but I thought it was done on Thursday. If today's Evening News story is true that they 'need convincing' to take it then that makes it even worse. I sincerely hope that is not true. 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Players are back in training today (other than the internationals) and we have no first team coaching staff at all. They need to get on with it and give the new man time to prepare for next weekend. We should have had someone provisionally confirmed before pulling the trigger.

I'd be worried if you weren't worried, tbh.

The majority of the players, or at least those that count, are still away so matters not a jot whether Farke was still here or not.

Judging by our performances and results so far this season the loss of Farke overseeing training is hardly an issue.

I think we can assume that for the Southampton game the team, formation and tactics will be down to Webber and Adams.

And for all we know Lampard or Smith could be pouring over every single minute of videos from our matches so far. They'll learn more from that then watching them trot around at Colney.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Steve Weaver fills me with zero confidence. Zero. 

yes,but in his favour ...........Zero is better than minus 😉

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Steve Weaver fills me with zero confidence. Zero. 

Did Alan Irvine fill you with confidence before he had a decent little run of games?

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Players are back in training today (other than the internationals) and we have no first team coaching staff at all. They need to get on with it and give the new man time to prepare for next weekend. We should have had someone provisionally confirmed before pulling the trigger.

What if the announcement is that there is no announcement? #youhearditherefirst

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard