1 hour ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Lampard just doesn't fit with who we are.

He's a manager... We're a football club...

Jill, is the answer to my original question..... ?!

Partridge Cloud | or do you genuinely like me, sex-wise?

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He's a manager... We're a football club...

Jill, is the answer to my original question..... ?!

Partridge Cloud | or do you genuinely like me, sex-wise?

GB the pedantic politically correct thread 🚔 police will be on your case again soon. Remember it's a coach not a manager ffs

🤣🤣🤣🤣🎯🤫🙈🙉🙊👮‍♂️

On 09/11/2021 at 15:16, Chelm Canary said:

This is not an easy appointment..

There are no easy options. Lampard will do a job.  Shall we let him have a crack? Yes for me.

Serious question:  Is Lampard really like us?  I don't think so.  He'll be off like a whippet at the first opportunity.

Edited by CowboyCanary

Most of the stuff I see mentioned with him is irrelevant, a big name, being English, being a good player.

He’s been at two clubs now and hasn’t done especially well at either of them. Tuchel coming in and immediately doing a lot better with the same group of players highlights this even more. Yes he brought players into the first team, but he didn’t have a lot of options because of the transfer ban, we don’t know if he would had he been in a position to do otherwise.

I don’t see what he has done that makes people think he is the man for this job. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Tuchel coming in and immediately doing a lot better with the same group of players highlights this even more

Tuchel coming in and saying Frank was "Unlucky" and questioned the Chelsea board if they were sure about getting rid of him. 

This is quite an interesting perspective from a Chelsea fan.  Yes it's only a perspective, but it does give a deeper understanding/assessment:-

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Most of the stuff I see mentioned with him is irrelevant, a big name, being English, being a good player.

He’s been at two clubs now and hasn’t done especially well at either of them. Tuchel coming in and immediately doing a lot better with the same group of players highlights this even more. Yes he brought players into the first team, but he didn’t have a lot of options because of the transfer ban, we don’t know if he would had he been in a position to do otherwise.

I don’t see what he has done that makes people think he is the man for this job. 

The post above from Google Bot should answer most of your concerns. Just because Tuchel took Chelsea on to win the Champions League is completely irrelevant. NCFC and the Russian club in West London are light years apart in terms of money and expectations so comparative 'failure' (which it wasn't) at S Bridge should not automatically imply such outcome at FCR surely??

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Tuchel coming in and saying Frank was "Unlucky" and questioned the Chelsea board if they were sure about getting rid of him. 

This is quite an interesting perspective from a Chelsea fan.  Yes it's only a perspective, but it does give a deeper understanding/assessment:-

Very interesting from a guy who sees the bigger picture. Very informative.  Beats a lot of the 🍒 cherry pickers posts.

Weighing up all the pros & cons + Assts that are likely to follow the new Head Coach

Frank would be my favorite apppmt as Head Coach

However - Webber always looks for a 'get out card' - so he may well again appoint a Head Coach little known to anyone 

Fingers crossed our new Head Coach hit's the NCFC Prem challenge running - but I have that sneaky feeling Webber will look for another project & another few seasons before he is sacked

Webber is good at overall cost cutting - as fully expected from a top top paid Manager

Accept the few millions put into the Training Centre (as a Prem Club with 2 promotions, that is just 100% expected to happen)

Is Webber very good at recruitment & able to continue finding the quality players  to drive NCFC forwards over the next 3 or 4 seasons ??? - I doubt that very much

A lot less of I am Mr Webber 'I am the man' - & a lot more quality put into player recruitment needed 

Webber needs to start showing his quality at signing new quality Prem player potential on the pitch - rather than just Blah Blah Blah behind the TV cameras

In one season at Derby, Lampard took them to a play-off final against the division's most in-form team at the time. They lost narrowly to an Aston Villa side including Jack Grealish, Tyrone Mings and Tammy Abraham. As a first season in football management, that's pretty successful in anyone's books surely? He also has Premier League experience with Chelsea. Okay, they improved under Tuchel but he's one of the top 5 managers in world football and a thousand light years out of our league. 

Knutsen has sprung into the limelight in the last 2 seasons and hit the headlines with those results against Roma, but for most of his career he's been a junior or assistant coach at a very low level indeed. 

Who is better qualified? For me it's no contest.

22 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

I think it would be exciting for English football

to have three young English managers in the league eg

Lampard to Norwich, Gerrard to Villa and Howe to Newcastle. 

Hey @yellow_belly how's it hanging in Dubai?  Are they near to cracking open the champers yet?

still not convinced that Lampard is the man, ok for champ but keeping us up, doubt it and if relegated he would be off on his own doing, not sacked.

Will have to wait and see

59 minutes ago, Mike w said:

still not convinced that Lampard is the man, ok for champ but keeping us up, doubt it and if relegated he would be off on his own doing, not sacked.

Who would you go for Mike W?  Any manager is a gamble.

So who was your favourite Norwich manager? 

• Like 1

Talksport apparently saying it's definitely Lampard... 

1 hour ago, Mike w said:

Why? Also - where exactly would he go? IF it's Lampard then this is the job he HAS to be successful in.