Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Farke's Post Match Interview video here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59192672

There is no way that he knew he'd been sacked, or was about to be sacked.

Quite upsetting and quite humiliating really, he's been treated pretty atrociously here, the moment they decided he was getting sacked a caretaker should have been installed. Surely the board would have known a good result was possible? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well that stinks doesn’t it. Someone new already tapped up I’d guess but still let Daniel rejoice in getting a win. To think some on here blame the fans when Webber and the board have shown zero humility. 

Wow, that's awful.

For goodness' sake, there is no way Farke and the team go out and give that performance if he knew he was done. It makes no sense, and anybody trying to convince themselves otherwise is deluding themselves.

International break, match preparations, the edge of winning today, whatever other nonsense the board and Webber sycophants want to cook up tonight they treated DF extremely badly for somebody who has done exceptionally well at the club, and frankly sold him out so they didn't have to face the fans or the media.

Who the **** sends their colleagues out into the trenches with no knowledge and no ability to save their own ****. That my friends, seems to be Stuart and Delia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I love the fella but 100% the right decision. 

Can you potentially differentiate your opinion that it was the right decision, with whether this was the appropriate way to handle the decision?

Would a moral, community club that "does things the right way" let DF go out and do several 4 min+ interviews with international media exclaiming his delight and relief at winning a match, and understanding the pressure, knowing full well he was getting handed his P45 10 minutes later?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well that stinks doesn’t it. Someone new already tapped up I’d guess but still let Daniel rejoice in getting a win. To think some on here blame the fans when Webber and the board have shown zero humility. 

Out of reactions but this is spot on.

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I love the fella but 100% the right decision. 

Not the right decision to send him into the Brentford game if you'd already decided to sack. 

If that decision had been made then a caretaker should have taken this game.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Some of the same fans enjoying videos of Leeds fans mocking our head coach online, claiming there's nothing to argue against, criticising the board for never being ruthless, then turning round and criticising them for being ruthless. You couldn't make it up 😅😅🤣

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Can you potentially differentiate your opinion that it was the right decision, with whether this was the appropriate way to handle the decision?

Would a moral, community club that "does things the right way" let DF go out and do several 4 min+ interviews with international media exclaiming his delight and relief at winning a match, and understanding the pressure, knowing full well he was getting handed his P45 10 minutes later?

Too many times we’ve been referred to and slated for being little old Norwich from out in the sticks and too many times it’s served us badly 

equally too many times we’ve left the managerial change too late and it’s cost us 

this is 100% the correct decision even though the timing seems a little offish but we need to drop the nice community club piece as it’s tiresome 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not the right decision to send him into the Brentford game if you'd already decided decided sack. 

No but we definitely would have lost if a caretaker was in charge, despite the fact he had already lost the senior players apparently. We could not possibly interrupt sacked manager Daniel Farke's preparations without sacrificing an important 3 points.

Or it's possible that Delia and Stuart are actually self serving sacks of ****e who were hoping for a negative result in order to prove they had acted decisively against someone who is provably the most talented coach we've had in a decade.

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Too many times we’ve been referred to and slated for being little old Norwich from out in the sticks and too many times it’s served us badly 

equally too many times we’ve left the managerial change too late and it’s cost us 

this is 100% the correct decision even though the timing seems a little offish but we need to drop the nice community club piece as it’s tiresome 

Yeah, so lets get some investors who actually have a few quid then? Even if they might be a little bit "overseas"?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Some of the same fans enjoying videos of Leeds fans mocking our head coach online, claiming there's nothing to argue against, criticising the board for never being ruthless, then turning round and criticising them for being ruthless. You couldn't make it up 😅😅🤣

Whether the decision is right or wrong there’s a way of doing things. I couldn’t give a **** of fans laughing at that it’s the hierarchy of our club that smells toxic tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yeah, so lets get some investors who actually have a few quid then? Even if they might be a little bit "overseas"?

Agree!

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So you've gone from being 100% Farke to 100% this was this right decision?

Just now, Yobocop said:

Agree!

But we won't. Because the reality is that all Delia has is the football club, and she's not going to let that go lightly. 

This whole thing stinks... So many great memories over the past few years, really wanted him to succeed and thought he'd get the time to do it.  Good luck with whatever challenge is next Daniel, you deserve all success that comes your way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

So you've gone from being 100% Farke to 100% this was this right decision?

No not at all. I dont think it was the right decision.

What I also find ridiculous is some of the fans who criticised the board of not being ruthless enough to sack our manager are now accusing them of how they went about it. Thats despite the fact they revelled in Leeds fans mocking our manager and doing pathetic impressions of him.

I'm not shocked,  but the level of double standards of this one is painful.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The moment Farke publicly intimated that his players were not good enough, whilst Webber publicly asserted that Farke had the guns and bullets this year, was the moment his job became untenable. Only a handful of simpletons couldn't add 2+2 and come out with 4, and I was surprised despite your happy clapper reputation that you were one of them.

It is perfectly acceptable to have considered Farke's time here to be done without wanting the board to humiliate him by sending him out to do post-match interviews knowing that he was about to be sacked. There is no reason to "make anything up", I know that you send abusive messages to football pundits on twitter but most other people are inherently decent and have a basic grasp on what is right or wrong in life and in business. The way he was sacked was unnecessarily brutal.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, hogesar said:

What I also find ridiculous is some of the fans who criticised the board of not being ruthless enough to sack our manager are now accusing them of how they went about it. Thats despite the fact they revelled in Leeds fans mocking our manager and doing pathetic impressions of him.

Fair enough, I agree with you. 

What always surprises me is the high regard that people hold Webber and Michael/Delia in - they are cyncial, business people who will do anything to make themselves come up roses. That's the only thing that this decision has been about, and the fact we won comfortably today means they have upped the ante on themselves massively, to the extent that this could be career defining for SW IMO. 

Whatever you say about Farke, he is a guy with absolute integrity, humility, and belief. I would far rather share a pint with him than Delia or Stuart, and maybe that goes someway to explaining why I now feel so disconnected from the club I've had season tickets with for the best part of 15 years.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You literally acknowledged before the Leeds game that if we lost he was in deep trouble, so who is showing their double standards?

To put that in gentlemans terms a la Holloway again, thats like letting your wife go on record about how positive she feels about the future of the marriage and the kids whilst you're secretly moving all your stuff into your lover's house. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

To put that in gentlemans terms a la Holloway again, thats like letting your wife go on record about how positive she feels about the future of the marriage and the kids whilst you're secretly moving all your stuff into your lover's house. 

Yes, but that's okay because you're secretly deeply concerned about your kids' wellbeing and it is absolutely nothing to do with what people might say about you. It is, of course, absolutely chivalrous that when your wife has driven them to at swim club to let the well- to-do mums know you are making great strides, that you can drop in and change the locks as per Stuart Webber tonight.

I have been pondering on this, but Farke is so smooth, he wouldn't let on even if he knew he was getting the sack. Part of me wonders though, if this performance may have partly been inspired by knowing he and the other coaches were leaving? A farewell if you like?

The club certainly knew, and I  hope that in the next couple of days we have a new coach and we see something we haven't seen before which is a sacking that isn't knee-jerk and leaves us with a caretaker out of their depth for weeks or months until we find a candidate who is hardly inspiring.

No, this looks better planned than that. 11 games in. 5 points. Same sort of points ratio as last time out.

It's horrible in that Farke has been a real inspiration for this club, but both he and Webber said there is no room for sentiment. And you can't just apply that to the players, especially when you have a squad built on more money than any manager previously at Norwich has had the luxury of having at their disposal.

On paper, none of the summer signings are rubbish. And when it comes down to it, we can't change our players mid season. That takes a good 2-3 transfer windows at least. So unfortunately, with results not going our way, this is the perfect moment to "twist" if that's what we want to do.

Two week international break for a new manager to come in and get working with the squad that's here and not on international duty. Two months before the January transfer window so they can have input on the targets looked at so far and to suggest new ones or look for new ones. Timing is almost perfect.

I'm equally gutted. I like Farke, and I am sure there'll be no end of suitors for him across Europe. A top chap and a solid manager. And he goes on a high, reminding us of the great times he has steered the team to. Nothing but thanks and praise IMHO.

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

I have been pondering on this, but Farke is so smooth, he wouldn't let on even if he knew he was getting the sack. Part of me wonders though, if this performance may have partly been inspired by knowing he and the other coaches were leaving? A farewell if you like?

So what you're saying is, you can't possibly believe the club have been so badly run that they might have f****d DF over, given that they pretend to be BFFs? Or you may think it's possible, but you can't reconcile it with the image that Delia pretends to occupy?

There's no way he gives an interview where he says "don't write us off" if he knows he's sacked. Totally agree he would be far too eloquent and respectable to make any statements towards the owners, but I have no doubt that he was completely oblivious.

Edited by Ian
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

Really hope this is true 

36 minutes ago, Ian said:

Fair enough, I agree with you. 

What always surprises me is the high regard that people hold Webber and Michael/Delia in - they are cyncial, business people who will do anything to make themselves come up roses. That's the only thing that this decision has been about, and the fact we won comfortably today means they have upped the ante on themselves massively, to the extent that this could be career defining for SW IMO. 

Whatever you say about Farke, he is a guy with absolute integrity, humility, and belief. I would far rather share a pint with him than Delia or Stuart, and maybe that goes someway to explaining why I now feel so disconnected from the club I've had season tickets with for the best part of 15 years.

Yeah, big fan of Farke.

Like I said elsewhere, no-one can accuse Webber of not having 'the balls' to make a big decision. Especially when now, all the focus is on him. By sacking Farke he's essentially claiming "the player I signed are better than what you're getting out of them" - and with the new manager being his decision too, he's got no-where to hide.

Get it right and he should rightly be praised to the hilt for saving our season. Get it wrong and he's let one of our best managers in recent history go after a potentially confidence-boosting win, and probably chucked our best route of getting back up out the window in the mean time oto.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not the right decision to send him into the Brentford game if you'd already decided to sack. 

It's the right decision if you don't want to lose further points in an already precarious situation, and look for a manager in the break to take over a team with 2 points from 11.  Most clubs would have sacked Farke during his first Prem season before December. With his new contract, he'll probably get a big chunk of it. Btw. I can hardly believe that this could be kept a secret for the whole staff.   

10 hours ago, Ian said:

So what you're saying is, you can't possibly believe the club have been so badly run that they might have f****d DF over, given that they pretend to be BFFs? Or you may think it's possible, but you can't reconcile it with the image that Delia pretends to occupy?

There's no way he gives an interview where he says "don't write us off" if he knows he's sacked. Totally agree he would be far too eloquent and respectable to make any statements towards the owners, but I have no doubt that he was completely oblivious.

See, this is where you have to be a special kind of unaware not to know that our club is incredibly well run. You may not like how it is run, but it is run well. We make profit. We managed to get through additional pandemic 'losses' due to fans not being in the ground etc. That isn't evidence of a badly run club, far from it.

And as I have said before. In the past, we'd knee jerk sack a manager/head coach and then be waiting for months for one to be appointed. When Hughton was sacked Adams was appointed as the caretaker and then as the manager after they had supposedly "scoured Europe". Then when we sacked Alex Neil, we had a caretaker in place for the rest of the season. Smacks of pointlessness and lack of co-ordination about both.

I am prepared to be proven wrong here, but if we see a new coach appointed in the next couple of days, I think it will confirm the opposite to your claim, that the club wanted to take action but didn't just flippantly sack someone without knowing they had a replacement lined up. If that transpires, in my lifetime, it has to be one of the smoothest transitions of head coach/manager that I can remember at our club.

If you think the way Farke has been treated in this regard is harsh that is an entirely different argument. It doesn't suggest the club is badly run. It might be that you consider them too ruthless, harsh or perhaps rude. But none of those mean badly run. The only thing that makes this seem harsh, in my mind, is that it comes on the back of a win. But it is one win in 21 top flight games. And that isn't good enough. The club statement made it clear that we want the best possible chance to survive, and as things stand, stick or twist are both risks, though sticking with Farke, unfortunately, has previous which suggests he would struggle again. 

I've proper got the hump with the club now.  

This is not how we should be treating one of the most successful manager's in the clubs history, even if the start of our season was atrocious.

Daniel wasn't entitled to keep the job forever, but he was entitled to more respect in my opinion.

• Like 1