Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

You would have thought we would’ve learned…

Farke has been with us for 4 seasons now, we have seen a YOY progression of both the club itself and playing squad 

for some fans it seems to be their favourite past time to slag off Norwich, the team they supposedly support 

The first four games were always going to be difficult, that coupled with a limited preseason and new players bedding in, kabak and Normann in particular spending days rather than weeks with their team mates 

This season will be all about the battle with those teams around us (Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, Watford etc) not the top 3 from last year and Arsenal at home albeit after their own poor start 

DF has a full week with the lads now, expect to see the aforementioned Normann and Kabak in the starting line up next week alongside Gilmour; to even mention those three players as players to come into a starting line up shows the progression this team has made 

What have we learnt as fans? Don’t write off the bearded German 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Farke has been with us for 4 seasons now, we have seen a YOY progression of both the club itself and playing squad 

for some fans it seems to be their favourite past time to slag off Norwich, the team they supposedly support 

The first four games were always going to be difficult, that coupled with a limited preseason and new players bedding in, kabak and Normann in particular spending days rather than weeks with their team mates 

This season will be all about the battle with those teams around us (Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, Watford etc) not the top 3 from last year and Arsenal at home albeit after their own poor start 

DF has a full week with the lads now, expect to see the aforementioned Normann and Kabak in the starting line up next week alongside Gilmour; to even mention those three players as players to come into a starting line up shows the progression this team has made 

What have we learnt as fans? Don’t write off the bearded German 

Well said that man, at last something positive. Who cares if we’re bottom after 4 matches and a goal difference of minus 10. As Yazz sang, the only way is up baby. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well said that man, at last something positive. Who cares if we’re bottom after 4 matches and a goal difference of minus 10. As Jazz sang, the only way is up baby. 

*Yazz 😉

I’ve never actually had a problem with Norwich losing so long as I feel they have left their all on the pitch. Sometimes you just come up against better teams and no amount of effort will counter that. 

Sadly all too often in the premier league I’ve not really had that feeling. When the going gets tough for Norwich in the last 2 relegation season in the prem it seems too many players down tools and wave white flags. I can accept being beaten by a more technically sound team but I can’t accept being out worked by another team. The team press against teams so far this season has been woeful. Too much respect and not enough in your face for my liking. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Play this as loud as you can before bedtime. You’ll be making a tent before you know it. 

Yazzoo! 

where’s your cut off? 

If you scattered the games we've played across the season (rather than have them bunched as they are) there would be few grumbles.

Man City also beat Arsenal 5-0.

Liverpool also beat Leeds 3-0.

Arsenal will probably beat most opponents by more than a 1-0 across the season.

Nothing to be down hearted about just yet but Watford's an important test.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’ve never actually had a problem with Norwich losing so long as I feel they have left their all on the pitch. Sometimes you just come up against better teams and no amount of effort will counter that. 

Sadly all too often in the premier league I’ve not really had that feeling. When the going gets tough for Norwich in the last 2 relegation season in the prem it seems too many players down tools and wave white flags. I can accept being beaten by a more technically sound team but I can’t accept being out worked by another team. The team press against teams so far this season has been woeful. Too much respect and not enough in your face for my liking. 

This is just the laziest sort of criticism and not backed up by evidence whatsoever.

19 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I can accept being beaten by a more technically sound team but I can’t accept being out worked by another team. The team press against teams so far this season has been woeful. Too much respect and not enough in your face for my liking. 

This is exactly my concern, we shouldn't be beaten by hard work.  They had 3-4 players chasing us down when in possession, we had Pukki chasing shadows and just tiring himself out.   You cannot press a back four in possession with one man.

Maybe Farke isn't demanding that of the players, but if you want to beat Arsenal it's been proven that's the key to it.  Hence why everyone who do it to us we also struggle.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is just the laziest sort of criticism and not backed up by evidence whatsoever.

Okay you want stats to back it up. We sit bottom of the table in team presses, we allow 20.3 passes on average before a defensive action where as the top team for pressing allows 9.6 (PPDA stands for passes per defensive action)

we also have the lowest amount of high turnovers of possession in the entire league suggesting we do not attempt to win the ball in the oppositions third. 

3CC7031D-E2C8-468D-AE1F-F7D358D1F9C2.thumb.png.f1cd6b2708f3691b376aa1b291b47566.png

But after just 4 games the opposition is a huge factor. Not so much after 10. After 19 it's not a factor at all. So swap our fixtures With Brighton's and would that table look different?

Time will tell. 

53 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Okay you want stats to back it up. We sit bottom of the table in team presses, we allow 20.3 passes on average before a defensive action where as the top team for pressing allows 9.6 (PPDA stands for passes per defensive action)

we also have the lowest amount of high turnovers of possession in the entire league suggesting we do not attempt to win the ball in the oppositions third. 

3CC7031D-E2C8-468D-AE1F-F7D358D1F9C2.thumb.png.f1cd6b2708f3691b376aa1b291b47566.png

But how does that compare to other teams playing against Liverpool, Man City, Leicester and Arsenal?

Just now, hogesar said:

But how does that compare to other teams playing against Liverpool, Man City, Leicester and Arsenal?

Well we are bottom regardless of who we have played. You wanted stats I’ve given you them. Who you play against doesn’t really matter when it comes to press and work rate. Leeds have played Man Utd and Liverpool lost both 3-0 but sit 6th. 

20 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Well we are bottom regardless of who we have played. You wanted stats I’ve given you them. Who you play against doesn’t really matter when it comes to press and work rate. Leeds have played Man Utd and Liverpool lost both 3-0 but sit 6th. 

What does Leeds playing United and Liverpool have to do with anything? I'm also pretty sure Leeds lost more heavily to United because I enjoyed watching it.

I'm not sure what point you're making. Your stats don't show work rate, but thats now the point you're trying to make.

You’re entitled to your opinion I’m expressing mine and giving you some statistics which back up why I have said opinion. You have yours which you are entitled to and I respect. If you are happy with the way we have played that’s cool you do you as they say. 

i pointed out Leeds because like us they have played 2 of last seasons top 4 as a viable comparison for two teams with similar results against similar opposition yet the differences in terms of how many passes they allow the opposition to have before they have a defensive action. 

• Like 1