Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Match day programme

How many adults buy one now? How many people have a collection these days? I used to have quite a good collection but left them round an ex's and there was no way I was going back for them! One place I used to get a catalogue from was Steve Earl (?) programmes of Bungay and used to trawl through that seeing what my budget could stretch to. Used to prefer more obscure team's programmes tbh. 

I have seen that apparently Reading, Swansea and Derby (any others?) are not running hard copies of programmes this season? Reading said it was a loss leader and at Swansea you can get them free digitally or all hard copies at  the end of the season for a fee.

Btw, I still hanker after printed (rather than digital) copies of Club's Fanzines if anyone knows of any good ones

I still get a programme - and tend to read it if I can (I think many get them out of habit), this season’s runs to 116 pages so not bad for £3.50…will give it a read on the train home later.

I’ve got tonnes of them on shelves/in boxes/bags dotted about the place, much to my wife’s annoyance 🙂

In with your season ticket (not sure about members packs) you get a book of vouchers / money off coupons. 

One of them is for a free programme this season, so a good opportunity to try one out. 

39 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

In with your season ticket (not sure about members packs) you get a book of vouchers / money off coupons. 

One of them is for a free programme this season, so a good opportunity to try one out. 

Not mine…the envelope was already open and I didn’t get the vouchers.

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I'd be having words with the post office about that. 

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I still get a programme - and tend to read it if I can (I think many get them out of habit), this season’s runs to 116 pages so not bad for £3.50…will give it a read on the train home later.

I’ve got tonnes of them on shelves/in boxes/bags dotted about the place, much to my wife’s annoyance 🙂

Have we seen  you on one of those hoarder programmes before Branston? 

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Strange, my envelope was also open , all contents intact tho

Perhaps  the envelope licker has been let go?! 

They could have retrained to work in the ticket office.  

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Have we seen  you on one of those hoarder programmes before Branston? 

Ok, maybe not tonnes - but more than enough, 40 years of 30 games a season all adds up…..🙂

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Took an age to open the plastic surrounding my Membership Pack.  On last page of Rewards was an offer free programme or free Golden Goal ticket

5 hours ago, pete said:

Took an age to open the plastic surrounding my Membership Pack…….

That’s ‘cos they saw your thread on here wondering why you hadn’t got it yet so used their special heavy duty plastic wrapper on yours  to wind you up 😀

On 15/08/2021 at 11:17, Crabbycanary3 said:

but left them round an ex's and there was no way I was going back for them!

The back story emerges -  at last - including how you got so crabby*

* take that one how you will

• Haha 1

On 15/08/2021 at 12:22, Branston Pickle said:

Voucher? It’s the last inside page of ‘Yellows Rewards’ booklet. One side free programme the other a free Golden goal ticket. Used mine Saturday 

I get a programme sort of 'gratis' as it's included in the cost of my season ticket.....I usually collect the left under seat discarded programmes as I'm vacating my seat row, which is usually about 2 to 3 unwanted programmes. Then as I'm making my way up to the City to the boozer I will give them to some younger supporters.....I have no use for them as they'll only become loft insulation.....(not the younger supporters become loft insulation, but the spare footy programmes).....

14 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

The back story emerges -  at last - including how you got so crabby*

* take that one how you will

Hey, I'm a nice guy! Well, that's what the guy in the mirror says...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, pete said:

Took an age to open the plastic surrounding my Membership Pack.  On last page of Rewards was an offer free programme or free Golden Goal ticket

Even better news Pete, it’s not either or it’s both!! 

I usually buy a programme when I go to away games - I suppose as a sort of memento but also because I tend to get there earlier.

I stopped buying a home programme when they went up to 50p!