Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The Lappinitup PuPs Pledges for the CSF 2021/22

Hi Nutty,  it’s a cheap year for me, so I’ll donate £5 for 20th, £22 for the points we gained and even though Sparta didn’t win the league I’ll round up my donation to £50 as it’s for such a great cause!

Please confirm you received the £50 on PayPal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Hi Nutty,  it’s a cheap year for me, so I’ll donate £5 for 20th, £22 for the points we gained and even though Sparta didn’t win the league I’ll round up my donation to £50 as it’s for such a great cause!

Please confirm you received the £50 on PayPal.

Received wth thanks Indy you Superstar 🌟

• Like 1

Blimey @nutty nigel looks like some serious dosh has come your way since yesterday so should be a fantastic total before we even start 22/23.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 18:25, Hissing Sid said:

£10 for a win or £5 for a draw vs the "big 6", ie Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. 

So we lost the lot. That's got to be worth a tenner which will be winging its way to you shortly @nutty nigel

Edited by Hissing Sid
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Blimey @nutty nigel looks like some serious dosh has come your way since yesterday so should be a fantastic total before we even start 22/23.

Yes, it's unbelievable our PUPs are awesome. Next time I'm in my cupboard I'll update all the totals. Love that all this goes beside Lapps name💛💚

On 13/08/2021 at 14:46, PurpleCanary said:

A great idea to name this in memory of Lapps. This could perhaps be made a sticky?

£10 for every place we finish above 18th.
£5 for every league goal or penalty awarded against us on the field that is scrubbed out by VAR.
£5 for every league goal or penalty for us not given on the field that is awarded by VAR.

£2 for every league goal scored by Pukki, Sargent or Tzolis.

£10 for reaching the Fifth Round of the FA Cup, and a further £10 per round for any further progression.

On reflection the VAR bet was pretty silly, since there was no way I was ever going to keep track of it! I will switch to £2 for every league goal we scored, so £46, and £10 for reaching the fifth round of the cup, and round that up to £60.

• Thanks 2

On 11/08/2021 at 18:03, dj11 said:

£2 for every goal scored by a new signing, and I include those on loan last season. £2 for every clean sheet. £2 for every penalty we score and £2 for every penalty we save. I think that has covered most angles, except £20 if we stay up.

It’s £20 for the goal scorers and £8 for 4 clean sheets. I can’t go through the extra pain of reading more stats to work out the penalties, so I will just round it up to £60. 

• Thanks 2

Well I'm totally disappointed....I had hoped to be able to give £10 for every place we finished above Villa this season and would have been happy to pay plenty for the joy of seeing that, but instead, my £3 for every place below top place will have to stand, which is 19, but will round that up to £60. Should be on its way to you later today NN.

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2021 at 20:17, Kathy said:

Pound a point.

£22 coming your way Nutty,

I believe you've already been paid for my other pledge 💪🙂

Happy to repeat the 'who finishes lower' bet next season. I'll mention it again in August just in case anyone is 'confused' again. Hopefully I'll get a better run for my money next time round. It was a bit dull being all over by Christmas.

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2022 at 14:14, nutty nigel said:

@Kathy

Is there a PUPs table so I can work out what I owe?

Sorry Nutty I've been in the US and only just spotted this. As you can see you did OK. Once more, I didn't trouble the scorers 🙃.

Thanks to all the other PUPs who joined in. PUP Wolfie finished a respectable 13th,  I'll post the link to the full table in the next few days. Still trying to contact the winners. 

I'll be back again cap in hand in July 🙂

image.png.7a95d58fac605a7ac1534d1fc6ff78e1.png

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Happy to repeat the 'who finishes lower' bet next season. I'll mention it again in August just in case anyone is 'confused' again. Hopefully I'll get a better run for my money next time round. It was a bit dull being all over by Christmas.

Could always throw in a little side bet in relation to PUP of the month.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Could always throw in a little side bet in relation to PUP of the month.

Ahh, the Pink'un message board equivalent of the Johnstons Paint Trophy.

OK you're on. £10 if the other wins it?

1 minute ago, Kathy said:

Ahh, the Pink'un message board equivalent of the Johnstons Paint Trophy.

OK you're on. £10 if the other wins it?

Not everybody enters the Johnstons Paint Trophy but all PUPs enter PUP of the month.

On 23/05/2022 at 22:26, nutty nigel said:

Thanks @Mr Apples you're a 🌟

Hi Nutty, after using PayPal once its now not working so my settlement is off to you in the tried and trusted manner (the carrier pigeon was not certainly happy at this news). 🤣

On 23/05/2022 at 23:25, Mr Angry said:

And £10 for “Cook to go”. Unless you meant Delia 🤣

And as for the cheeky Mr Angry...I settled that wager a while ago. 💪🤣

Apples

41 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Hi Nutty, after using PayPal once its now not working so my settlement is off to you in the tried and trusted manner (the carrier pigeon was not certainly happy at this news). 🤣

Apples

Oops, sorry-I was going offer to settle it for you anyway as I didn’t make any pledges this season 👍

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 09:39, Fuzzar said:

Unfortunately that's only £14 😩. Will round it up to a more respectable £30 - would you mind reminding me how to settle please @nutty nigel

Thanks @Fuzzar you star 🌟

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

On reflection the VAR bet was pretty silly, since there was no way I was ever going to keep track of it! I will switch to £2 for every league goal we scored, so £46, and £10 for reaching the fifth round of the cup, and round that up to £60.

Thanks Purple you star🌟

4 hours ago, dj11 said:

It’s £20 for the goal scorers and £8 for 4 clean sheets. I can’t go through the extra pain of reading more stats to work out the penalties, so I will just round it up to £60. 

Thanks DJ you star 🌟

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Thanks Kathy you star🌟

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Sorry Nutty I've been in the US and only just spotted this. As you can see you did OK. Once more, I didn't trouble the scorers 🙃.

Thanks to all the other PUPs who joined in. PUP Wolfie finished a respectable 13th,  I'll post the link to the full table in the next few days. Still trying to contact the winners. 

Thanks Kathy. I got off lightly then! I'll make the same pledge next season.

So mine work out at 24 x 5/6 = £24 and just one PUP beat me so £2.

I'll make that up to £30.

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Thanks Mr Apples. I'll make sure the refreshments are ready for the poor old pigeon who thought he was happily retired only to be set another  grueling task. (I know the feeling🙃)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Well I'm totally disappointed....I had hoped to be able to give £10 for every place we finished above Villa this season and would have been happy to pay plenty for the joy of seeing that, but instead, my £3 for every place below top place will have to stand, which is 19, but will round that up to £60. Should be on its way to you later today NN.

Thanks Lakey you star 🌟

So far the pledges have amounted to £583 which are now listed by Lapp's name on the totals. You PUPs are simply 🌟THE BEST🌟

1654562709_Signaturetotals-27may22.jpg.936bd8690ef399a6ef3e2223d50429c4.jpg

On 25/05/2022 at 09:57, Kathy said:

As promised. https://www.canariestrust.org/post/canary-challenge-2021-22-final-table 

Again, thanks for your support.

• Thanks 1