Jump to content
Norfolk  Dan

Match Pick - Away members

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yes, that's exactly the point. That leaflet pictured is sent to somebody who is in the 750. Anybody outside the 750 has the same leaflet but with a different group printed on it.

The leaflets are personalised, so the "you" is singular, not plural.

Ah thanks for that clarification, KIO (and Tilly!) 👍

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ah thanks for that clarification, KIO (and Tilly!) 👍

I bet yours says ' HI ALEX ' on the front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My leaflet has Grant Hanley on the front and printed beside it ' HI JOHN '  so they are all personalised  !

Im in tier 2, but never got a leaflet! 

I got a letter explaining the match pics etc last week, but no leaflet like the one Diane has kindly shared, or you've described Tilly. (can we all call you John now?) 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I bet yours says ' HI ALEX ' on the front.

Crikey one poster on here would need another page in their letter to list all his names..... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I bet yours says ' HI ALEX ' on the front.

Ha ha I will have to check, Tilly! (Don’t have my letter to hand at moment)

I personally think anyone who has been to 10+ away games should have priority anyway, so I have absolutely no problem with that system at all. But it makes you wonder what the point of these Away Memberships are, is it essentially 25 quid just to give the supporter a good chance of the 1 away game of your choice? After that it looks like it’s Group 5? Every year it’s different, though I’m happy to purchase the different incarnations of ‘Priority Membership’ as it’s the next best thing when a season ticket is impossible due to location/work/both.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Crikey one poster on here would need another page in their letter to list all his names..... 

He will get a personalised hand-written letter signed by Delia, Michael, Stuart and Daniel because he’s the very, very best supporterer ever, and deserves to be at all the matches. And get extra scampi.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

That looks pretty clear and simple to me, Diane.

It says if you have an away membership for this coming season then you will be in Group 1, which will be the first people to be given a chance to take up their Match Pick.

In short, Away Membership and the Elite 750 are in exactly the same premium category. The rest is self explanatory I.e if you notched up 7+ games but don’t have an away membership, then you will have to wait and see if there’s any tickets available to your choice of game after the Away Membership/Elite 750 have had their fill, and so on. Or that’s how it reads to me anyway.

 

No all of those categories are away members. It will go match pick, group 1, group 2 etc. Tickets will only go on sale to non away members if kit taken up by all the priority groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im in tier 2, but never got a leaflet! 

I got a letter explaining the match pics etc last week, but no leaflet like the one Diane has kindly shared, or you've described Tilly. (can we all call you John now?) 😛 

It is John Chuckle but surely you know that as you are my brother. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is John Chuckle but surely you know that as you are my brother. 😜

To you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have still not received my Membership pack.

I have tried calling the club but 'the lines are now full' and I gave up waiting for someone at the club to 'online chat' with me about the matter after twenty plus minutes and only progressing from 26th to 21st in the queue. Impressive stuff from out club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I posted earlier Alex that the 750 is nearer 500 or so for this coming season.

I'm pretty sure that the 750 figure, when first mentioned, also included the 230ish away season ticket holders, with circa 500 who'd been to 10+ games in 2018-19. There's no mention of the away season ticket holders on the latest letters, but the website does refer to them being written to separately. The still 500 sounds about right for the 10+ group and you should be safe getting tickets for most, if not all of the away games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is bleeding confusing....I sign on and choose Away Membership and can put that in my Basket. I then go to Match Pick and can reserve one ticket. I choose two as my wife is a Friends and Family AND a supporter too with her own account and her own supporter number which is in the scroll down list. 

Hit the enter button and hey presto! Can't buy either ?????

Gonna phone instead.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

This is bleeding confusing....I sign on and choose Away Membership and can put that in my Basket. I then go to Match Pick and can reserve one ticket. I choose two as my wife is a Friends and Family AND a supporter too with her own account and her own supporter number which is in the scroll down list. 

Hit the enter button and hey presto! Can't buy either ?????

The cut-off for Match Pick eligibility was Friday 18 June, so if you weren't signed up as an Away Member by close of play that day you're not able to secure an away Match Pick for the whole season (I believe it was the same for home too).

Edited by Declan
Date correction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Declan said:

The cut-off for Match Pick eligibility was Friday 18 June, so if you weren't signed up as an Away Member by close of play that day you're not able to secure an away Match Pick for the whole season (I believe it was the same for home too).

So why are they still wanting to take my money for Away Membership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxy2600 said:

So why are they still wanting to take my money for Away Membership?

Because we're a self-funding club... (shrug)

In all seriousness because you can still get all the other benefits (ho ho) including access to away tickets, the priority of which is based on away games attended in 2018/19 - the club did put that Match Pick deadline out in their messaging, but as a whole it's not been the best communications campaign I've ever seen which is reflected in this thread!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

So why are they still wanting to take my money for Away Membership?

Match Pick was the incentive for those that bought an Away Membership early doors, Foxy : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plan B

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Match Pick was the incentive for those that bought an Away Membership early doors, Foxy : )

Neither me or my wife got the eMail......See you in the Championship next year.🤬 Maybe some sense or order will return - still what with Covid and all, I guess this is the new 'normal'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I get my match pick as an away member. Guaranteed ticket. The rest I'm in group 4. 

My letter attached. Not as pretty as the ones posted. Perhaps cause I'm in group 4 ! 

Why aren't I an elite 750!? 

IMG_20210803_110122.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GMF said:

I'm pretty sure that the 750 figure, when first mentioned, also included the 230ish away season ticket holders, with circa 500 who'd been to 10+ games in 2018-19. There's no mention of the away season ticket holders on the latest letters, but the website does refer to them being written to separately. The still 500 sounds about right for the 10+ group and you should be safe getting tickets for most, if not all of the away games.

Cheers GMF, yourself Tilly and KIO have all made things much clearer for us all 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No all of those categories are away members. It will go match pick, group 1, group 2 etc. Tickets will only go on sale to non away members if kit taken up by all the priority groups. 

Cheers Jimbo 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

Well, I have still not received my Membership pack.

I have tried calling the club but 'the lines are now full' and I gave up waiting for someone at the club to 'online chat' with me about the matter after twenty plus minutes and only progressing from 26th to 21st in the queue. Impressive stuff from out club.

The Membership Packs haven’t been sent out yet as far as I’m aware, that’s why you won’t have one yet so no panic Erraticus 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

So I get my match pick as an away member. Guaranteed ticket. The rest I'm in group 4. 

My letter attached. Not as pretty as the ones posted. Perhaps cause I'm in group 4 ! 

Why aren't I an elite 750!? 

IMG_20210803_110122.jpg

im in Group 2  and mine is the same as above. 

They obviously know @TIL 1010 needs to be kept sweet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i clarify that the brochure picture I posted wasn't mine, it was from a friend who is in Group 1, I'm in Group 4 myself, only did 3 away that season, didn't want anyone to think I'm one of the elite 🤣

I'm read that away season ticket holders are just under 150 now down from 230, not sure how true that is.

My brochure says guaranteed match pick 😀

 

20210803_112435.jpg

Edited by Diane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I didn’t go to Vicarage Rd the last Prem season, do they still operate the same policy of no booze in the away end? Not that it bothered me as I like Bovril at a game anyway!

I can’t actually remember what season I last went! But yes, there was no alcohol on sale to away fans. My mates couldn’t believe it-their club must miss out on a lot of revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2021 at 22:07, GMF said:

A few observations.

First, the 750 ‘elites’ are a combination of the 230 (ish) away season ticket holders that existed at the time the away membership scheme was introduced back in 2019, plus the 500 (ish) 10 plus away games attendees from the previous 2018-19 season.

Second, despite being asked for an actual breakdown (using the revised groups) for the number of away games attended for the 15 away games in 2019-20, the Club has (so far) declined to provide that analysis. Their reasoning being that the last system was flawed, so the data was irrelevant. 🤔

Third, for those with decent memories, one of the reasons given to justify the introduction of the away membership fee, back in 2019, was because the casual home games ticket prices were, at D&M’s request, fixed to the same as away cap of £30 a ticket. Fast forward to 2021-22 and that cap for home game prices has gone, but, guess what, yep, the away membership fee continues!

I suppose that there’s a wider debate to be had, retrospectively, whether it’s really necessary to have double membership fees for non season ticket holders or, for that matter, for season ticket holders for the privilege of securing tickets to away games? 

I think you will find the away season ticket scheme was introduced way before 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

£5 at the Cup game but wouldn’t worry too much…….huge scrum at the bar with staff ambling about in second gear so you’ll be lucky to get served. Oh, and no bags bigger than a postage stamp allowed inside. Other than that very impressive ground.

A work colleague is a Spurs fan and said that there is a massive concourse with loads of food and drink available. Either that is only for home fans or I missed it as I didn’t find the experience any different to most other PL grounds. Still, the penalty shoot out made up for the disappointment ⚽⚽⚽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...