Hoolahoop14

Sheff Utd Friendly Cancelled

No surprise to me considering the circumstances but it does worry me that we only have 2 more friendlies before the season starts, especially as we have a large number of players who haven’t played any part in the pre-season games so far.

Let’s hope they all gel together quickly..

Edited by Hoolahoop14

Was always going to be an issue with such high infection rates and risks being continuing problem during the season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Was always going to be an issue with such high infection rates and risks being continuing problem during the season

@BillTV will take a hit! 

Still feel it will only get worse before it get's better. Still, on the plus side we don't have to fact the blunts and them no doubt trying to injure our players but on the other hand I was very much looking forward to this one at it seems we are now missing a large chunk of pre season which is very worrying

Nevermind this match being one of the more tough matches we would face to get us ready for the Prem. Just pray the Newcastle one will still end up being played

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Covid is going to be issued ?

yikes !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep it's totally messed up our pre-season prep.  Good job we have a couple of easy fixtures to ease us into the PL...

Better games against Liverpool, Man City etc who the chances of beating will always be slim, rather than games against Brentford, Watford, Palace etc. 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

Anyone else now coming to the conclusion that this preseason has been a disaster

I think the season may well be a disaster with games piling up, due to one team going into isolation causing a postponement

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Anyone else now coming to the conclusion that this preseason has been a disaster

Act of god my friend, act of god. Or act of random chance in an empty uncaring universe whichever of the two of those you prefer.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Fantasy Island (TV Series 1977–1984) - IMDb

Not sure where this short comment is coming from, as you have never met me. 

However you've never let facts get in the way of anything you have posted on here yet.  

your selective replies do make me laugh though. 

Edited by Greavsy

I wonder how many a “small number” of positive tests actually is.

You’d think if it was an actual small number they’d just say the number itself.

Seems worrying we are cancelling friendlies, sounds like it’s possibly having a big effect on the camp and preparations.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Bloody Delia!

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

Not sure where this short comment is coming from, as you have never met me. 

However you've never let facts get in the way of anything you have posted on here yet.  

Given you have NO idea who I am, you have no idea if I have met you, or not

Though I have been informed by a reliable source who you are

And your posts do rather confirm that statement - however do continue with your rather obsessive behaviour on here if it helps

A leopard doesn't change his spots, and I would suggest your fixated behaviour says more about you than ever it does about me

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Given you have NO idea who I am, you have no idea if I have met you, or not

Though I have been informed by a reliable source who you are

And your posts do rather confirm that statement - however do continue with your rather obsessive behaviour on here if it helps

A leopard doesn't change his spots, and I would suggest your fixated behaviour says more about you than ever it does about me

What absolute shoite Bill, and you know it. You have no idea who I am, not a jot. FACT

Or in words you understand - LIAR! 

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Seems worrying we are cancelling friendlies, sounds like it’s possibly having a big effect on the camp and preparations.

I would imagine there is an agreement with all teams playing friendlies this pre-season that they will report all positive test results and cancel games to avoid the risk of spreading. A cancelled friendly is a much better outcome than having a few players unavailable for the start of the season.

Obviously cancelled games and players isolating is far from ideal this close to the season starting - wonder if the club will try and organise an extra game next week.

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

I guess the number could increase as more tests /  results take place. 

Originally it was Gunn and Sorenson I understand, then a small number, but as I say that small number could be 3 or 4 more, but if they issue that number and it then increases, they will be accused of inaccuracy, so its not really that relevant. I just hope those who have tested positive have no symptoms, or a speedy recovery.  

Edited by Greavsy
correction

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Everyone knows havings stonking rich foreign owners would make us immune to Covid😏

Not a Chinese one, surely? 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What absolute shoite Bill, and you know it. You have no idea who I am, not a jot. FACT

Or in words you understand - LIAR! 

@Bill can you two please just put each other on ignore? This is starting to get as tedious as Morty & LDC

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

@Bill can you two please just put each other on ignore? This is starting to get as tedious as Morty & LDC

You could put us both on ignore Sam - just a thought! 

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

They should both be banned for being boring trolls. I've got them both on ignore and it made the forum instantly a better place to be.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You could put us both on ignore Sam - just a thought! 

Thing is, I don't have a problem with either of your posts normally, it's just when you lock horns and then we end up with pages of sniping and others join in...

• Like 1

Fair enough - understood Sam. 

However if @Bill actually answered the question instead of his constant self fulfilling lies to suit his own agenda there would be no need to ask. 

Its a shame his PM function is disabled - I cant think why - as i could quite happily take it offline, for the greater good. 

30 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I would imagine there is an agreement with all teams playing friendlies this pre-season that they will report all positive test results and cancel games to avoid the risk of spreading. A cancelled friendly is a much better outcome than having a few players unavailable for the start of the season.

Obviously cancelled games and players isolating is far from ideal this close to the season starting - wonder if the club will try and organise an extra game next week.

Yea makes sense, I’m just wondering how big the impact on our camp is. A small number could be half the first team starters or worse.

51 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

They've named the players haven't they? Hopefully we can count the number that way...