Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

BK8 deal...

Someone on here said the other day that they didn't think the BK8 deal would affect our transfer pot...

Not correct, according to Webber in the presser today. 

It most certainly has.

Webber being a bit of a cheeky ****er here.

As Bethnal has pointed out via twitter, the club chose to ends it existing £5m a year deal with Dafabet a year early.

So the fact they ****ed up the replacement is on them, he's deflecting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Someone on here said the other day that they didn't think the BK8 deal would affect our transfer pot...

Not correct, according to Webber in the presser today. 

It most certainly has.

Got a link?

I assumed they waited for Ajer to join Brentford to release the Farke news to deflect. That's just doubling down.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

The simple fact is we had a £5m pot replaced by another, which was then replaced by one for perhaps £1-2m.  This gives us a hole that inevitably hits our transfer funds.

It isn’t rocket science to see a clear causal link, I can see no issue in SW making the point clear to everyone.  The rights and wrongs of BK8 are a completely separate thing.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I assumed they waited for Ajer to join Brentford to release the Farke news to deflect. That's just doubling down.

I feel like we're being softened up for something here.

Webber kept talking about a covid hole of £30m, its now being mentioned as £35m, we're being told the sponsorship deal affects our budget...

Either another sale on the cards or not much else in the way of incoming signings reading the tea leaves.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Webber kept talking about a covid hole of £30m, its now being mentioned as £35m, we're being told the sponsorship deal affects our budget...

Either another sale on the cards or not much else in the way of incoming signings reading the tea leaves.

Hardly rocket science, as I say - there’s been mention of the ‘covid hole’ all season, so that’s nothing new. And I can’t see any reason you’d be surprised that replacing a £5m income stream with one of c£2m wouldn’t have any implications.

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think another sale is on the cards (Aarons) but even if he didn't I think we still have some money to spend. We've had a couple of 10m bids knocked back for players already, I doubt those are for show.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Hardly rocket science, as I say - there’s been mention of the ‘covid hole’ all season, so that’s nothing new. And I can’t see any reason you’d be surprised that replacing a £5m income stream with one of c£2m wouldn’t have any implications.  It is naive to think otherwise.

Yes but its interesting that the covid hole has suddenly gone up by £5m.

They obviously had to pay for more covid testing than they had planned for.

That being said they're always going to spin numbers to their favour. This being said a day after we miss out on a player over a few million. Sus.

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well done again , all the bedwetters and professionally offended....

Give it a rest. The BK8 sponsorship was a shambles and made us look amateurish. Kensell and the rest were quite rightly ridiculed, and depending on who you believe, possibly lost their jobs because it.

Give me a Lotus sponsorship deal for less money than some shady betting company based in the middle of nowhere who pays a few million more any day of the week. 

The club have no-one to blame but themselves for this.

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

In that case, my bad. I'd always seen £30m quoted before.

Date of the article is April 2020.

A lot has happened since then. 
Farke signing a new contract for one.

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Give it a rest. The BK8 sponsorship was a shambles and made us look amateurish. Kensell and the rest were quite rightly ridiculed. 

Give me a Lotus sponsorship deal for less money than some shady betting company based in the middle of nowhere who pays a few million more any day of the week. 

The club have no-one to blame but themselves for this.

Glad youre not the cheif exec then

Peiple were denying that this would have any impact on our transfer pot on the 'Ajer' thread

Well we-ve had it from the horses mouth i.e Webber today that it does.

...and not all of us were losing sleep over who a sponsor was on the front of a shirt

3 minutes ago, Krul Mistress said:

I didn't know we ended the Dafabet sponsorship early. What a sh1tshow.

The whole situation is a bit of a mess to be honest.

According to the reports we cancelled the Dafabet deal early due to some unspecified 'concerns' with the business. If those were based on anything to do with how Dafabet chose to do things then it is inexplicable how we then rushed into another deal with an even dodgier looking Asian gambling firm without doing enough due diligence. 

The club really only has themselves to blame with how things have turned out. I'm not a fan of this quote from Webber- he's not stupid and knows exactly how this is going to be taken by many.

• Like 2

So what do people prefer? Keeping the Dafabet deal for another year to keep the money available/keep the BK8 deal/sack the people who ratified the BK8 deal and sue them for the £ deficit/Crack on and deal with the cards we have in front of us now and try to 'learn' from this, even though that decision has cost millions?

It's not been someone's finest hour, for sure.

Considering seemingly half the population are watching love island and from what I've seen it's worse than anything BK8 were putting out I say we go crawling back to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Considering seemingly half the population are watching love island and from what I've seen it's worse than anything BK8 were putting out I say we go crawling back to them.

comparing a post watershed tv show with the online advertising style of a sponsor of a family orientated sports club is hardly a fair comparison 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Didnt some on here say that Godfreys sale was to cover the Covid deficit. 

Lewis sale contributed quite well too to that pot. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Lewis sale contributed quite well too to that pot. 

Agreed, and ALL clubs would have been affected by Covid - so (by percentages at least) its still as level a playing field as it always been.  ie the haves still have more than the have nots, just not as much as they had previously. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed, and ALL clubs would have been affected by Covid - so (by percentages at least) its still as level a playing field as it always been.  ie the haves still have more than the have nots, just not as much as they had previously. 

Yeah it's a level playing field, everyone is broke.

EDIT: Apart from Villa ffs

Edited by Krul Mistress
Villa
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krul Mistress said:

Yeah it's a level playing field, everyone is broke.

EDIT: Apart from Villa ffs

But FFP doesnt apply to them! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

comparing a post watershed tv show with the online advertising style of a sponsor of a family orientated sports club is hardly a fair comparison 

Okay then, how about music videos. Hell, doesn't our run out music talk about drugs and thug life. Not a positive message for Norfolk's youth.

Kids love watching Love Island. Far worse for our society than some obscure asian betting company selling with **** imo.

That being said I don't particularly care, the shirt is probably nicer with Lotus and I'm not bothered what division we're in.

• Sad 1