Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Ticket Pricing

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Which is basically the point I'm making. This isn't a Norwich issue, it's an English football issue. Ticket prices are out of control in this country, and it's basically a reverse Robin Hood scenario where working class people are being squeezed for every last penny in order to give multi-millionaires 5% extra.

Nothing is being issued, honestly

It is only in areas like housing where a rigged market is causing so much harm to not only individuals, but to the country as a whole

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

It is only in areas like housing where a rigged market is causing so much harm to not only individuals, but to the country as a whole

Do expand - how is the housing marked rigged? 

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Do expand - how is the housing marked rigged? 

City 1st can't expand because it isn't, certainly in the second hand market.

Always banging on about ' supply and demand in the market place '. If something is for sale you either buy it at that price or negotiate a different price if you can. If you can't you don't buy it.

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Always banging on about ' supply and demand in the market place '. If something is for sale you either buy it at that price or negotiate a different price if you can. If you can't you don't buy it.

Well that makes sense - totally agree with that. 

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

oh dear

the starting pistol in the race to post up the most idiotic bleat has been fired

supply and demand is what determines that price in the first place

the rest follows

Just now, Greavsy said:

Well that makes sense - totally agree with that. 

I'm sure City 1st will be along soon to beg to differ.

After so many weeks off the radar I thought he might have found another crusade and forgotten all about this outfit.

Silly me.....

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

After so many weeks off the radar I thought he might have found another crusade and forgotten all about this outfit.

Silly me.....

Took 14 mins.

Losing his touch 😀

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Silly me.....

agreed - shame he is back really - its generally been alright on here recently. 

But we can always remind him of this thread! A @Bill classic

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Took 14 mins.

Losing his touch 😀

I prefer not to think of his touch! Dont know where he has been! 

I replied to one of his posts yesterday (bad move) and he accused me of following him (he wishes) but then said he is going to stop replying to me, so every cloud and all that. 

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear

the starting pistol in the race to post up the most idiotic bleat has been fired

supply and demand is what determines that price in the first place

the rest follows

I can't see where you've explained how the house market is rigged.

I wonder if you can't ?

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I can't see where you've explained how the house market is rigged.

I wonder if you can't ?

I know he cant! 

So as fans we want….

1. Be in the biggest league in the world and stay there

2. spend multi millions on players to stay at the top table

3. Negate on a huge sponsorship deal and sign a much weaker deal instead 

4. Navigate the post COVID world seemlessly and without debt

5. prices to stay at Championship level

Absolutely bonkers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Now I've got this image of Albert Steptoe in my head 😀

I'll be contacting SDP to get you banned 😉

image.png.b693c5141a783f00a5ff1fffcedc8178.png

Im sure you wouldnt be the first. 

Edited by Greavsy

I think this sums it up pretty well - albeit related to season tickets the principle is the same.

Edited by Greavsy

You don’t want poor fans at the ground , the club needs the fans to buy merchandise, meal packages, spending at the concessions if the ground is full of peasants this will never happen.

price the poor out is the only way to self sustainability 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

You don’t want poor fans at the ground , the club needs the fans to buy merchandise, meal packages, spending at the concessions if the ground is full of peasants this will never happen.

Scampi upgraded to Caviar Uncle Fred?

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Dear me, if I had a case of decent champagne for the number of times this fallacy gets trotted out then I would have really quite a lot of champagne. The non-TV money, from tickets, commercial and catering, is vital to Norwich City. Everybody gets the TV money, and most get more than we do, so for us those other sources of revenue count for a great deal.

The difference in revenues between selling those “gold” tickets at £40 as opposed to £48 is not a sum of money that is likely to make a significant difference to a premier league club. 

2 hours ago, Vazzza said:

I don’t mean to be rude, but, this is the biggest “little old Norwich thread” I’ve ever read. £48 for a ‘gold’ premier league football match is cheap compared to most other clubs - any top 6 team are easily £100+, probably over £150. I haven’t checked, but last time I went to an Arsenal game (2019) with the Mrs the ticket was around £60 for a bronze.

We’ve been spoilt with frozen ST and ‘cheap’ tickets for quite a while and would have been amazed if it didn’t go up, can guarantee ST will go up next season regardless of what league we are in.

Look at any other entertainment pricing and you can’t argue this is expensive, even a cinema ticket is closer to £15 than £10 nowadays. 

Of course nobody wants prices to go up, but look at pretty much any industry in any market over the past 2 years, prices will have risen. I’d genuinely be interested if anybody can find me something that hasn’t!

“Gold” is not the best ticket it’s the match category. £48 is the price of the cheapest ticket not some kind of premium seat. . 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

What a pr1ck you are. 

Edited by City fan
Sorted
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just wait till you have to buy Man C and Arsenal away tickets 

Away tickets capped at £30.00 Is my belief - Although that may have changed. 

Just now, City fan said:

What a, **** you are. 

Sorry?! 

Its not my twitter post. 

23 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just wait till you have to buy Man C and Arsenal away tickets 

This article on the PL website dated Feb 2019 says agreement to continue the £30 away price cap for 3 more seasons has been reached so in my book it covers up to and includes this coming season 2021/2022.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1049265#

@Greavsy

Edited by TIL 1010

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This article on the PL website dated Feb 2019 says agreement to continue the £30 away price cap for 3 more seasons has been reached so in my book it covers up to and includes this coming season 2021/2022.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1049265#

@Greavsy

That was my understanding too Tilly - thanks for posting the link.

As i posted earlier - I thought Delia et al were against NCFC home fans paying more than the away ones, at the same match. 

Edited by Greavsy

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It certainly won’t stop at ticket prices, wait till you see this seasons Scampi prices coupled with the cut in portion size! 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It certainly won’t stop at ticket prices, wait till you see this seasons Scampi prices coupled with the cut in portion size! 

The thin end of the (lemon) wedge! 😉 

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Away tickets capped at £30.00 Is my belief - Although that may have changed. 

The reason for that being that fans conducted the '20 is plenty' campaign on the grounds that with their huge TV contracts Premier League clubs do not need to charge more to the travelling away fan, 20 became 30.

Last time round our club decided they didn't want to charge home fans more than away fans for the same product. Many other clubs took a different view and continued to charge more,

At least the change restores a comparative advantage for season ticket holders at the moment though maybe there will be a substantial hike for that next season?

Whatever the rights and wrongs the most stunning thing is again the lack of prior consultation with fans on a significant face change of policy. A 30% hike equals £3million which will still not revolutionise the budget and may price out some would be loyal fans. Demand and Supply it is but does it satisfy community inclusiveness especially bearing in mind that some would be attendees don't have the option of a season ticket and the average match cost associated with it.

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nope, sorry.

Can't imagine many other clubs would consult supporters' groups on ticket prices; you'd imagine that lies squarely within the expertise of the commercial department.

I would rather judge us against ourselves 2004 vintage. The Annual Report for that year states:

'The Supporters Consultative Group is designed to enable supporters from different interest groups to discuss matters with the Board and senior management covering a diverse range of issues including pricing, catering, site development, away travel and ticketing."