Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

England Vs Italy

On the plus side only another year until we get to watch England play again, no doubt do well get our hopes up and then crush them and leave us depressed just like they have for our entire lives

I for one can't wait

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I felt for young Saka. However he ended up taking one, it shouldn't have been him, but rather one of the more experienced players. Sympathy with him this evening from me, but the choices of takers, I am not so sympathetic with.

• Like 2

Why are they taking their medals off as soon as they are on? No pride? No acheivement made? Fckuk football then eh,

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

On the plus side only another year until we get to watch England play again, no doubt do well get our hopes up and then crush them and leave us depressed just like they have for our entire lives

I for one can't wait

And having to listen to that **** song "its coming home" all over again day after day hour after hour minute after minute . 

Just now, JB said:

I felt for young Saka. However he ended up taking one, it shouldn't have been him, but rather one of the more experienced players. Sympathy with him this evening from me, but the choices of takers, I am not so sympathetic with.

Probably those who wanted to go up would be my guess. 

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I always want England to win, but everytime I get to laugh. Poor penalties.no ideas in the final third once the opposition start playing. Beaten by first decent team they come across.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

You were on here begging for support for Scotland a couple of weeks ago, and got nothing but respect.

Seriously, your first thought is to come on here and troll, empty, lonely life.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Probably those who wanted to go up would be my guess. 

If that's the case, then fair play to Saka for the guts. Southgate should have overruled 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Sancho and Saka looked frightened to death, Grealish surely with his experience should have been before those two. 

I dont think it would have made any difference ,we are **** when it comes to pens 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sancho and Saka looked frightened to death, Grealish surely with his experience should have been before those two. 

Couldn't agree with this more. Effectively my thoughts at the time 

13 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Bringing on players for pens with 2 mins to go...No part of the game, then turn it on... Not great game management. 

Rashford and Sancho should have been on half an hour earlier for Kane and Sterling who chose the final to have his most ineffective game. Poor game management indeed by Southgate......and why not tell Sterl8ng, Grealish to take a pen.....did they bottle it ?

1 minute ago, Dame to Blame said:

I dont think it would have made any difference ,we are **** when it comes to pens 

Once Rashford missed we didn’t believe. 

3 minutes ago, JB said:

If that's the case, then fair play to Saka for the guts. Southgate should have overruled 

Indeed, no way in the world should your youngest and least experenced player take a pen that wins the game

4 minutes ago, JB said:

It was as good as lost before he took it so no blame on him, good on him for having the guts, although should have been told no IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed, no way in the world should your youngest and least experenced player take a pen that wins the game

To keep us in it wasn’t it? Even more pressure. 

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

It was as good as lost before he took it so no blame on him, good on him for having the guts, although should have been told no IMO.

Super brave and controversial choice- Pickford should have taken the pen and not Saka 😉

2 minutes ago, MittockS3 said:

You were on here begging for support for Scotland a couple of weeks ago, and got nothing but respect.

Seriously, your first thought is to come on here and troll, empty, lonely life.

Welcome first post. Keep it up, but stick around a while eh I'll be back like this in a years time, but hope I'm not. A good laugh is only because the cause matters.

14 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I always want England to win, but everytime I get to laugh. Poor penalties.no ideas in the final third once the opposition start playing. Beaten by first decent team they come across.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Do f*ck off there’s a good chap, too soon to hear gloating from people who for some reason have the English living rent free in their head, at least you admit Scotland are sh*t though, fair play.

2 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Well at least Pickford had a great tournament ,and proved all his doubters  wrong, well done Pickford .

Player of our torunament IMO, next to Shaw.

Much as I can credit Kane for scoring some goals once again went missing in action

2 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Rashford and Sancho should have been on half an hour earlier for Kane and Sterling who chose the final to have his most ineffective game. Poor game management indeed by Southgate......and why not tell Sterl8ng, Grealish to take a pen.....did they bottle it ?

If Maguire can take a pen that good as a CB then none of the attacking players have any excuse.

1. Kane 2. Jack 3. Stirling 4. Rashford 5. Maguire. 

But... If I was boss.. my goal keeper would.always take the first penality. Google Kevin Pressman pens! 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I was thinking the same, to be honest. No shame in finishing second, is there?

It’s not about shame is it, they’ve just been beaten in the biggest game of their lives. No ones celebrating second place right now, I’m sure they’ll reflect on an amazing achievement given some time and space from the pain. They played brilliantly and they deserve all the plaudits for getting as close as they did.

Just now, Monty13 said:

It’s not about shame is it, they’ve just been beaten in the biggest game of their lives. No ones celebrating second place right now, I’m sure they’ll reflect on an amazing achievement given some time and space from the pain. They played brilliantly and they deserve all the plaudits for getting as close as they did.

Agreed. But it still doesn't really explain why they take their medals off straight away. Strikes me as being a little disrespectful.

Just now, Monty13 said:

Exactly. When you go to the well like that and fall just short under such circumstances, I'd be more bemused if they weren't somewhat irritated. The pride in their efforts can come later, in the cold light of analysis. But within a few minutes of losing on the biggest stage of their lives - no. I'd expect them to be annoyed.

That's their fuel for the World Cup.

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Agreed. But it still doesn't really explain why they take their medals off straight away. Strikes me as being a little disrespectful.

You want to walk around straight after that game with a literal reminder of the failure to win it round your neck? I wouldn’t and it’s not something unusual. It’s not like they threw them in the bin or something.