Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mario Vrancic To Sign For Stoke.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Edited 1 minute ago by Graham Paddons Beard

You changed Twitter to Twatter, didn't you?Β πŸ˜‰

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Old news . Read it on Twatter hours ago. 🀣

Yeah i read it hours ago but obviously not on Twatter then waited to post until after the England game. 🀣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoke have got a bargain signing him for free. Wish him all the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see him staying in UK. Must have enjoyed his time here, assumed he would be off back to Germany.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, happy to see Mario staying in English Football, he had some very special moments for us and by all accounts was a top bloke and a sound professional.

If I see him in the starting line up for Stoke in a televised game, I'll happily give it a look!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should get a start every week imo. Didn't get enough starts for us, mainly because of the quality of players we have that kept him out. Stoke don't have that and if they build the team around him, he should be their playmaker supreme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Should get a start every week imo. Didn't get enough starts for us, mainly because of the quality of players we have that kept him out. Stoke don't have that and if they build the team around him, he should be their playmaker supreme.

He won't play every game for Stoke but will be a decent option for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hogesar said:

He won't play every game for Stoke but will be a decent option for them.

Depends who they have in midfield already.Β  Free kick specialist, passer supreme - the only reason he didn't play more often for us is that his physical attributes did not completely suit Farke style football.Β Β  Put him in a club that is crying out for creativity and someone with vision who can put their foot on the ball and make the team tick - and Mario is your man.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be a squad player not a regular. Mario was much loved here because he grew into the role and really produced in that 2018/19 season. It's been downhill since and Stoke fans have missed the best of him and I suspect they won't be as loving as we were.

Good luck to him though, it's a tough gig.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Depends who they have in midfield already.Β  Free kick specialist, passer supreme - the only reason he didn't play more often for us is that his physical attributes did not completely suit Farke style football.Β Β  Put him in a club that is crying out for creativity and someone with vision who can put their foot on the ball and make the team tick - and Mario is your man.Β 

Doesn't have the legs to play in midfield in the championship every game. I can guarantee you it won't happen. He will likely play a similar role as he did for us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Doesn't have the legs to play in midfield in the championship every game. I can guarantee you it won't happen. He will likely play a similar role as he did for us.

The history of football is littered with successful older players who could play every game on the strength of their football brains and technical abilities. You just have to shape your team around them and have plenty of runners around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The history of football is littered with successful older players who could play every game on the strength of their football brains and technical abilities. You just have to shape your team around them and have plenty of runners around them.

That might be OK if Stoke have the luxury of building a team round Vrancic, with the other midfielders doing the hard work and the running for him, and with a mobile striker or strikers to capitalise on his undoubted passing skills. I have no idea if that is the case. I somehow doubt it. A much more likely scenario is indeed that he is used as a kind of supersub, to calm things down if that is needed, and/or to get a goal from a free kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...