Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Most interesting Euros ever...as a canary

I find it very difficult to get interested in international football, but this one feels different with quite a few Norwich players involved. 

By my reckoning there are four teams to watch out for - or have I missed any?

Netherlands

Finland

Poland

Scotland

I will be supporting these teams throughout, hoping for a Netherlands/Finland final. 

Which teams do you want to see in the final?

We’ll be supporting England you filthy hipster

”I’m SuPPoRTiNg ThE TeAM WiTh ThE PrETtIEsT ShIRt”

• Haha 1

As ever, being a native-standard German speaker, I'll be following Germany closest, but it'll be very tough this time out.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I find it very difficult to get interested in international football, but this one feels different with quite a few Norwich players involved. 

Netherlands

Finland

Poland

Scotland

I will be supporting these teams throughout, hoping for a Netherlands/Finland final. 

Of course I'm assuming your nationality here, but assuming you're English how the hell can you WANT a final not involving England??? 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Of course I'm assuming your nationality here, but assuming you're English how the hell can you WANT a final not involving England??? 

I lost interest in the England football set up a long time ago and the mediocre way it has been set up by the FA over many years. I also don't like some of the English players being used, nor particularly think Southgate is the best man for the job.  

The international flavour of our club team and the way I can relate to the excellent characters we have in it, means I really want them all to do well.  England? I'm sorry, but it's a "meh" from me.

I know we have plenty of people on here who aren't English, or who like me are disillusioned with England, which is why I asked the question in the op.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I lost interest in the England football set up a long time ago and the mediocre way it has been set up by the FA over many years. I also don't like some of the English players being used, nor particularly think Southgate is the best man for the job.  

The international flavour of our club team and the way I can relate to the excellent characters we have in it, means I really want them all to do well.  England? I'm sorry, but it's a "meh" from me.

I know we have plenty of people on here who aren't English, or who like me are disillusioned with England, which is why I asked the question in the op.

59F9BC45-EDAE-4F23-95AC-8C10AA9FC03F.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I never understand this mentality. So what if Southgate isn't the best man? Peter Grant wasn't the best man for us but you still care about it.

Which players don't you like and why?

ENNGGGEEERRLAAAANNNDDD

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I never understand this mentality. So what if Southgate isn't the best man? Peter Grant wasn't the best man for us but you still care about it.

ENNGGGEEERRLAAAANNNDDD

I agree I don't get it either. England for me isn't about liking the players, even liking the style of football it's pure and simply an in burning desire to see us win something before I bloody die. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Really dislike Grealish, Mings, Maguire. Not fit persons (imo) to wear the shirt.

Some of the others I just don't particularly like watching play. Mount for one. Henderson. Not even Kane. Never liked watching Walker either, for Sterling looks jaded and off form.

Maybe I should rephrase the question for England supporters - if England are knocked out who would you want to see in the final?

Just now, lake district canary said:

Maybe I should rephrase the question for England supporters - if England are knocked out who would you want to see in the final?

Wouldn't care 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Really dislike Grealish, Mings, Maguire. Not fit persons (imo) to wear the shirt.

Some of the others I just don't particularly like watching play. Mount for one. Henderson. Not even Kane. Never liked watching Walker either, for Sterling looks jaded and off form.

Judging people and how “fit” they are seems to be a common thing with you.

Maybe you should stop judging people so much?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Judging people and how “fit” they are seems to be a common thing with you.

Maybe you should stop judging people so much?

Your world - yay, anything goes, do what you like, nothing matters.

My world - yay, anything goes and do what you like as long as it is not stupid or affects others badly, things do matter.

Your world - yay, anything goes, do what you like, nothing matters.

My world - yay, anything goes and do what you like as long as it is not stupid or affects others badly, things do matter.

I know when Harry Maguire got arrested in Greece this must have really affected you personally.

you look like an absolute maniac in this thread mate, keep going

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I know when Harry Maguire got arrested in Greece this must have really affected you personally.

you look like an absolute maniac in this thread mate, keep going

Where have I said anything affects me personally? 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Where have I said anything affects me personally? 

Your harsh judgement of everyone and everything apparently? “Not fit to wear the shirt” Christ, have a day off. You look a right Wally.

Edited by The Real Buh

I can't stand a lot of the current England team (Sir Kneelford and Sterling especially) so I'll probably end up enjoying the games which involve Norwich players more too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Proof again if ever it was needed that Lakey is indeed the biggest WUM on this board, and that’s a tough gig.

For goodness sake, just answer the question or ignore it. Why the need for this?

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So you're not going to support England just because there are three players you don't like? Going against an entire group because of the odd alleged bad egg is frowned upon by most of society.

And besides, Finland and the Netherlands probably have a couple of bellends every bit as bad in their squad, but you just don't know enough about them to know that.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So you're not going to support England just because there are three players you don't like? Going against an entire group because of the odd alleged bad egg is frowned upon by most of society.

No, I said earlier, it's historical, I switched off from it years ago and it doesn't therefore take much to re-inforce that view.

This really is crass even by Lakeys standards . 
I know he was struggling when he lost his place to Cambridge , but now we seem to have fallen into a Lakey template thread .

1 . Think of a contrary view. Today’s is  , “I don’t support England “ 

2. Watch the thread for inevitable reaction 

3. Respond frequently . Keeping the thread at the top of the page . No one responds to their own thread quite like Lakey. 

It really is so pointlessly boring . 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief, it's ok, I'll leave you all to it for now. I actually can't be bothered to try and drum up interest in the Euros if this is what is going to happen. 

Come on Pukki!

That didn’t take long 😂🤣

PS there are 4 others threads about the Euros on the front page , so I’m not sure your “drumming up interest” is entirely convincing . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Netherlands

Finland

Poland

Scotland

I want to see England in the final-I don’t care who the other team is.