Sign in to follow this  
WD40

OT: Gill let go from binners

Matt Gill has left his role at the binners. Surely he regrets leaving us now and has done for some time. He could have stayed on the inside of a club on an upward trajectory, putting himself in a great position for higher coaching positions. Now where will his career go after staining his reputation with such a disastrous 2 years.

.....anyone who thinks leaving Norwich to join that lot is a progression in their career is seriously deluded, I guess, in that, he was in good company. As a former player as well, should have known better.....

An amazing decision from someone who stated when he joined us as a player that he would have walked to Norwich to sign. Then he left at the very first opportunity in an attempt at promoting his CV.  But promotion would be the last thing you'd get going there!

And it was a kick in the teeth for Norwich in some ways, yet our management gave him their best wishes and thanked him with understated class.

Gill, like Lambert, then met the god called karma and they endured a long and drawn out denouement. And he hasn't been a successful coach given the performances of the first team. I suppose though, to be more fair to him, you cannot polish a turd.

Edited by sonyc

Perhaps his thinking was that he would gain a top position with 1p5wich, at an earlier stage than he would have here? If that was the case, then that may have been his ego talking over his brain

Still to this day knowing the Norwich fan that Matt Gill was and presumably still is, I’m flabbergasted that he took the decision to go there in the first place.

That said, who of us, realistically, would turn down what surely would have been a substantial pay rise? I like to think I wouldn’t go there for any sum of money but money talks and it’s a short career and all that.

Edited by Coneys Knee

Isn't he from Norwich too? It was crazy on his part and he must regret it every day.

Also, would it have been that substantial a payrise? I mean come on, we're talking Ipswich. And look at it now, he may well have been on more money but he's out of a job, whereas he could have been part of the development set up here for years to come and also made a step up.

Mental decision.

Couldn’t care less . He wasn’t going anywhere with us , and has gone nowhere with the Binners. 

Maybe a career change is called for? Those burgers won’t flip themselves Matty. 

• Haha 1