A big thank you to this very talented lady, one of many unsung, and exceptionally hard working people who have played a key role in all the club has become.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, FCC said:

A big thank you to this very talented lady, one of many unsung, and exceptionally hard working people who have played a key role in all the club has become.

Her next task is to persuade her old man to hang around a bit longer 👍

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Her next task is to persuade her old man to hang around a bit longer 👍

Her dad works at Norwich too?!

Edited by Yellow and Green
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Her dad works at Norwich too?!

No problem with people claiming rewards for success. There are many business environments however where such family relationships between staff would not be permitted because it creates potential issues of favouritism.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I'm not sure Bobby and Jack should both have played in 1966.

And the Murphy twins....

Perhaps you prove my point in that the Charlton's did not play for the same Club. Maybe it was seen as not the right thing to do. Society had principles in those days.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps you prove my point in that the Charlton's did not play for the same Club. Maybe it was seen as not the right thing to do. Society had principles in those days.

IMG_20210503_003827.jpg.32329a42c7eef1bfe5b06cab1d43e44b.jpg

I don't think Hercules was related🙃

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Dear God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

No problem with people claiming rewards for success. There are many business environments however where such family relationships between staff would not be permitted because it creates potential issues of favouritism.

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

Comments based with zero fact/evidence

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I didn’t realise Jamie Vardy’s  brother played for Leicester too? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Clearly there are quite rightly many successful small family businesses. Large corporations though need to demonstrate objectivity. Question then becomes where does a football club in the Premier League fit in. 

Give it a rest.

The majority shareholders of that club soon to be in the Premier League are a marreid couple as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Lots of big companies have multiple family members in them.  I think Webber has been so professional that he will have set up a succession plan, and make sure the club has the best opportunity to be successful when they leave.  That is my concern when all the key players are meant to change at once, thank goodness Delia and Michael should be around for the transition.

Exactly.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

The point is that there are so many nuances, so many individual situations that to try to cover it with a generalisation inferring favouritism just fails to work.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Clearly there are quite rightly many successful small family businesses. Large corporations though need to demonstrate objectivity. Question then becomes where does a football club in the Premier League fit in. 

Zoe Ward related to Delia and Michael?

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Bobby and Jack were related to the Milburn family. Obviously they only got to play professional football because of their famous uncles 🤔

I have no problem with having a married couple in two of the senior roles at the club provided there is someone else there in that senior managementn team capable of keeping an eye on matters and stepping in where objectivity is needed.

I remain a little concerned at the Farke/Webber contract position next summer and  would like to know who at the club is looking out for us in that scenario.

On 03/05/2021 at 00:41, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn't be so sure, there's a definite family resemblance