Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Leicester players (inc Maddison) dropped for Covid breach

Id guessed / assumed that they had done something together like that. 

Is it really that hard to comply? 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56710648

Why cant they simply behave - like us lesser mortals have to! 

Will this affect Maddison England chances for the Euros?! 

Website doesnt say what the breach was, specifically. 

Maddison was unlikely to make the Euros anyway. Southgate seems to have an issue with his attitude and with Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Sterling etc we're not short of attacking midfield options.

But being on the fringes, as you say he is, hes not helped his cause any with this latest issue. 

that said, it doesnt appear as bad as Grealish's last year.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But being on the fringes, as you say he is, hes not helped his cause any with this latest issue. 

that said, it doesnt appear as bad as Grealish's last year.

Nope, it certainly won't help his cause.

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56710648

Why cant they simply behave - like us lesser mortals have to! 

Will this affect Maddison England chances for the Euros?! 

Website doesnt say what the breach was, specifically. 

Without even looking at the Leicester side today I knew Maddison was going to be one of those. Guys an excellent footballer but a bit of a ****. Theres a few stories of what he was like when he was here. 

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Without even looking at the Leicester side today I knew Maddison was going to be one of those. Guys an excellent footballer but a bit of a ****. Theres a few stories of what he was like when he was here. 

Agreed - I knew he would be involved. 

Didnt he have a court case when in Norwich too?! I seem to remember. 

edit : 

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/james-maddison-court-15056461

Edited by Greavsy

Just now, Greavsy said:

Agreed - I knew he would be involved. 

Didnt he have a court case when in Norwich too?! I seem to remember. 

His mate I think, supposedly Maddison was doing his "do you know who I am" and "I'm on £7k a week" routine.

Just now, Move Klose said:

His mate I think, supposedly Maddison was doing his "do you know who I am" and "I'm on £7k a week" routine.

Thats the official story. 

unofficially it was Maddison who hit him, but his mate took the hit for him. Allegedly. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Thats the official story. 

unofficially it was Maddison who hit him, but his mate took the hit for him. Allegedly. 

Doesnt suprise me.

He sounds a nice guy! 

John Morgans, prosecuting, asked Cadby if Mr Maddison had showed other people his £800 shoes that night.

Cadby said he had done so in Mantra nightclub, and that Mr Maddison had "got into disputes" with people on nights out before.

"He may bring up how much he earns, how much his trainers are worth, that he's a professional footballer," Cadby said.

"He does tend to boast quite a lot."

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Did Noel Edmonds arrange it?.....

If he did then I’d advise not taking part in the free bungee jump 

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Unlucky Mr Maddison but it looks like in form Jesse Lingard's got your England spot......

I dont think southgate is a huge fan of Maddison anyway, quite a way down the pecking order

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

If he did then I’d advise not taking part in the free bungee jump 

Fell for that one.....

11 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Doesnt suprise me.

Maddison always seemed like he had matured when he was with us, but from what I remember there were a few tales of him on nights out being all 'do you know who I am?' to strangers and acting like billy big **** etc

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

I dont think southgate is a huge fan of Maddison anyway, quite a way down the pecking order

Even less so now.....But Jacky 'Party Hard, then jump in me motor scrape, crunch, dink, bump and oops' Grealish will no doubt be pencilled in.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No one is explaining how the footballers are all getting their hair cut? They can’t all be married to hairdressers? 

Like Nicola Sturgeon, they all have Lego hair......easy mop maintenance.....

Southgate clearly doesn't fancy him so he has to force his way into the England squad, like Grealish has. 

Whilst injuries haven't helped, stupid issues like this make it easy for GS. It's a shame because he's having a great season, when he plays.

34 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No one is explaining how the footballers are all getting their hair cut? They can’t all be married to hairdressers? 

There is, unsurprisingly a (further) loophole in the rules. As they are on the TV / providing entertainment (not sure of the exact wording) they are allowed to have hairdressers visit. 

Another example of footballers privilege.  

Edit - Link - (apologies for being a red top)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-footballers-haircuts-joelinton-23463766

Edited by Greavsy

There are rumours circulating that Grealish' injury is not quite what his club want us all to believe.

Edited by duke63

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maddison always seemed like he had matured when he was with us

He kept his head down towards the end, story I have from somebody I trust who is a well known figure in the city night time economy is that he was, ahem, 'advised' about his behaviour by somebody in Norwich that shouldn't be messed with, and wasn't seen much in the city centre after that.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He kept his head down towards the end, story I have from somebody I trust who is a well known figure in the city night time economy is that he was, ahem, 'advised' about his behaviour by somebody in Norwich that shouldn't be messed with, and wasn't seen much in the city centre after that.

Maybe because he'd signed for Leicester, at that point, and moved away, perhaps?