Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Political Compass - Let’s see Em’

I figured all of you guys with your varying political opinions ranging from far left to slightly less than far left would value from taking a political compass test

ive been described as needing to be arrested and sent to The Hague for hurrying Anne Frank onto a train by several failed art students on here but as my political compass confirms I’m slightly left biased and more toward libertarianism than authoritarianism

ill also accept apologies on this thread

if you have the guts to take the test and post it here we’ll see just how close some of you guys can get to the top left corner and see if you can fuse with a copy of the guardian to become the whitest person ever to have dreadlocks. Or maybe you’ll be surprised and decide to not be an authoritarian horrendous human being prowling the internet to find “enemies” everywhere and ruining Christmas dinner by immediately pounding your fist on the table about Boris Johnson’s haircut? It could happen!

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

..go on!

277A5E34-C77B-4DF3-BEB0-638006023101.jpeg

Edited by The Real Buh

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I figured all of you guys with your varying political opinions ranging from far left to slightly less than far left would value from taking a political compass test

ive been described as needing to be arrested and sent to The Hague for hurrying Anne Frank onto a train by several failed art students on here but as my political compass confirms I’m slightly left biased and more toward libertarianism than authoritarianism

ill also accept apologies on this thread

if you have the guts to take the test and post it here we’ll see just how close some of you guys can get to the top left corner and see if you can fuse with a copy of the guardian to become the whitest person ever to have dreadlocks. Or maybe you’ll be surprised and decide to not be an authoritarian horrendous human being prowling the internet to find “enemies” everywhere and ruining Christmas dinner by immediately pounding your fist on the table about Boris Johnson’s haircut? It could happen!

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

..go on!

277A5E34-C77B-4DF3-BEB0-638006023101.jpeg

You soft ol' lefty frog you.....

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Economic Left/Right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Libertarian left -4.21 lol! 

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You are right on the border of not showering and living in a swamp.

Haha. Nice one.😅 ...wouldn't you (as a frog) live in a swamp though?

Seriously, being neutral was such a core part of my professional development and ongoing training (in my second career) that without it I would not have been able (or allowed) to do my job. My scores are not a surprise therefore in that respect Buh.

I'm liberal when it comes to others, yet in many respects I'm conservative in lots of ways. Quite contradictory I guess.

I like these simplistic questionnaires as it makes you have to decide on stuff, whereas I would probably have ticked 'neither agree or disagree' for a few.

Edited by sonyc

Just now, sonyc said:

Haha. Nice one.😅

Seriously, being neutral was such a core part of my professional development and ongoing training (in my second career) that without it I would not have been able (or allowed) to do my job. My scores are not a surprise therefore in that respect Buh.

I'm liberal when it comes to others, yet in many respects I'm conservative in lots of ways. Quite contradictory I guess.

I like these simplistic questionnaires as it makes you have to decide on stuff, whereas I would probably have ticked 'neither agree or disagree' for a few.

I think they give an ok representation. I think some on here would benefit from the reflection it can provide. 8 values is the other good tool, worth a look. Here’s mine. 

131E0106-6E6F-46A8-AF29-A7E4499562E6.jpeg

I don't think it's needed. We could have a good guess at most. It wouldn't change anything just provide a label.

But I get your point. I've always liked the Myers Briggs values tests because the answer you get matches the way you see the world. Yet, those are about psychological factors of course.

We used to do a simple one at work a few years ago (one used for teenagers ...where you are one of 16 kinds of animals rather than merely one of  the 16 personality types). It generated a lot of interest and fun.

For more detailed self analysis, there are loads of free tests on similarminds.com (the Jung tests, .....the Short Test and Old Short Test especially). 

who represents the left in the UK? and please do not say Starmer. And who represents the 48% plus 2.odd million without a vote in the referendum?

could it be nobody?

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/12/the-fake-political-and-media-class/comment-page-3/#comment-968185

Edited by nevermind, neoliberalism has had it
adding

4 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

who represents the left in the UK? and please do not say Starmer. And who represents the 48% plus 2.odd million without a vote in the referendum?

could it be nobody?

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/12/the-fake-political-and-media-class/comment-page-3/#comment-968185

Labour doesn’t represent what the left means to me that’s for sure.

one liberal politician(I forget who) said recently it was a mix of “John Lennon song lyrics and Stalin” 

A toxic, unelectable mess of absolute screaming maniacs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

could it be nobody?

Was it only 26% who voted for Brexit? 18m not on the register to vote!

Left and right are a bit tired I think as categories to encapsulate most views. It helps people to simply draw a line and then ascribe a label. Once given a label they can then create a difference between them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

20201227_151426.jpg.3eb1aca492ff9c36a78eee19f0de95de.jpgWhat on earth is this question aiming at? How is delivering a profit a "social" responsibility? 

It is misleading. A better question may focus on a redistribution of that surplus to the community, be it near to where it is based or to a beneficiary community.

With the social/ authority side of things, is the difference in scores decided by whether you smacked your kids or not ? 😉😁

On 27/12/2020 at 14:28, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

could it be nobody?

Very interesting link Nevermind and a lot of truth in there. The EU has for a long time wanted to impose a financial services tax but were prevented from doing so by the UK. Now that veto is removed a tax will very quickly come. This why finance companies have moved only a bare minimum of staff to Europe because they know a tax-free UK will attract all the business. Though at that point I diverge from Murray as he believes this will be a bad thing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

chart.png

Congratulations RTB - some diversity on this thread. You're the first to be above the line across and the first who has posted to be right of the vertical one! I

t makes me and you the furthest apart politically! I believe anyway.

Perhaps music or books could be a joint area for more consensus, or possibly not....🙂 Or maybe just leave it as Norwich City.

I generally just land in the purple section on this, which would make some sense as someone who tends to be economically centrist to right-wing, and socially more independent (by that I mean I have views across the spectrum - anyone listening to me on immigration would think I was a right-winger, anyone listening to me on the treatment of homosexuals or indeed the role of marriage in society and how the single/childfree are basically f**ked over would think I'm a left-winger).

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Very interesting link Nevermind and a lot of truth in there. The EU has for a long time wanted to impose a financial services tax but were prevented from doing so by the UK. Now that veto is removed a tax will very quickly come. This why finance companies have moved only a bare minimum of staff to Europe because they know a tax-free UK will attract all the business. Though at that point I diverge from Murray as he believes this will be a bad thing. 

it is said to be a 0.1% tax on all transactions in and out of offshore havens. It is not the tax perse the city of London can'st stomach but the transparency that comes with it, showing sender and receiver they do not like.

I don't think major banks moved to Frankfurt for nothing, it enables them to have a base and trade in money whilst the environment gets trashed. Nobody seems to give a s..t about climate change, a lot of words are said buy if they would put as much energy into climate change measures as they can into international financial deals this would change.