Sign in to follow this  
eeyore

Sheffield W & Nottingham F Games

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Tickets went on sale to members this morning and still tonight the 2,000 have not been shifted so from tomorrow morning season ticket holders who have already purchased can buy further tickets.

Only 1 ticket per game though

Personally although I think the price is probably too steep and playing on S/T holders generous loyalty too much the main reason IMO is COVID.

While nearing a vaccine roll out no one wants to catch the virus or spread it too love ones and the elderly in the community.

Also the (quite necessary) regimented way of entering & leaving the stadium with long waits has probably added to the lack of

interest when most of the games for S/T holders are available free to watch at home.

Being a S/T holder I have not requested any tickets for a multitude of reasons, some listed above however with my Father passing away two months ago my interest in my beloved club has waned, it was one of many topics we regularly discussed & I sorely miss those interactions. Maybe my desire to return to CR will rekindle one day.

@eeyore

Hopefully it will rekindle buddy. I never had that relationship but do have it with my kids and grandkids. All three generations will be there tomorrow and I'm proud they are all supporters and not spectators🙃

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

@eeyore

Hopefully it will rekindle buddy. I never had that relationship but do have it with my kids and grandkids. All three generations will be there tomorrow and I'm proud they are all supporters and not spectators🙃

How lovely to see three generations of 2020 casuals going to the game. 😛

1 hour ago, eeyore said:

Personally although I think the price is probably too steep and playing on S/T holders generous loyalty too much the main reason IMO is COVID.

While nearing a vaccine roll out no one wants to catch the virus or spread it too love ones and the elderly in the community.

Also the (quite necessary) regimented way of entering & leaving the stadium with long waits has probably added to the lack of

interest when most of the games for S/T holders are available free to watch at home.

Being a S/T holder I have not requested any tickets for a multitude of reasons, some listed above however with my Father passing away two months ago my interest in my beloved club has waned, it was one of many topics we regularly discussed & I sorely miss those interactions. Maybe my desire to return to CR will rekindle one day.

Yes, I think especially around Christmas people are wary of picking up the virus and then spreading it among their close family - not to mention the early arrival and waiting outside is less attractive a prospect in the grip of winter. I went to the Preston game in September and it was lovely; we stood around outside and had a couple of beers in the sunshine.

I'm sorry for your loss; I can't imagine the matchday experience without my old man. I hope you manage to get that spark back and can enjoy going to support your team again some time soon.

• Like 1

Have they all been sold now.  Clicking tickets on canary.co,uk takes me to page displaying countdown to sheff wed match.  No Sold Out message. 

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Have they all been sold now.  Clicking tickets on canary.co,uk takes me to page displaying countdown to sheff wed match.  No Sold Out message. 

Could just be it’s to late as they were posting tickets out and I don’t think there was a collection option

Also , fans may be holding back on which game to go to,  ie if you go tomorrow then the next opportunity could be a long way off if its still 2k fans at a time. 

8 hours ago, eeyore said:

Agree with all this.

Apart from wanting to shield someone I live with I too recently lost a close family member who attended home games with me. It will be strange enough going back when there are full houses again never mind in the weird circumstances the football club finds itself in right now.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well I've got tickets for both games!....long may this apathy continue from other S/T holders....I might get into every remaining home game at this rate!?

Don't think it's fair to blame it on apathy. People are genuinely worried about attending.

Anyway if you're that interesting in attending for what it's worth my late relatives S/T seat will be up for grabs for the rest of the season.

Vaccine not withstanding mine will be too.