Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Team for Sheffield Wednesday

One would expect it'll simply be a case of Pukki coming in, and either Placheta or Martin dropping to the bench. However, given Pulis teams' propensity to bash balls into the box, might it be worth considering having a back three? Something like:

----------------------------McGovern------------------------------
----------Hanley----Zimmermann-----Gibson-----------
--Aarons--------Skipp-------Sorensen------Placheta--
-----------------Buendia------Stiepermann-----------------
-------------------------------Pukki----------------------------------

Barden, Tettey, Vrancic, Martin, Omobamidele, McAlear, Omotoye, Dickson-Peters.

I hope Omotoye gets some more game time on Sat. He just had a look about him in the few minutes he was on - athletic, with a sort of elasticity to him, plus buckets of enthusiasm. He drove into the box for his half-chance really well I thought.

32 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I hope Omotoye gets some more game time on Sat. He just had a look about him in the few minutes he was on - athletic, with a sort of elasticity to him, plus buckets of enthusiasm. He drove into the box for his half-chance really well I thought.

Comes on and almost scores straight away. Meanwhile Steiperman plays at striker for the match and has what.. one or two shots all match?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Comes on and almost scores straight away. Meanwhile Steiperman plays at striker for the match and has what.. one or two shots all match?

To be fair, Stiepermann wasn't playing as a conventional striker last night. He and Placheta were alternating as false nines, with Placheta often being further forward than Stiepi. Not disagreeing with your point, mind.

Put Pukki (or Idah/Hugill) into our match day starting XI and we instantly look a different side and offer a threat which the other teams would be very concerned about, and not necessarily be able to cope with

Minute one isn't the problem its the minutes from 70 + when the squad who have played almost every game begin to tire.  Didn't happen yesterday fatigue started even before the match. 

For me - 

Barden

Hanley Zimmermann Gibson

Sorenson  Skipp Tettey  Aarons 

Buendia Vrancic  

Pukki

Placheta, Martin and Omotoye on for pace later in game

Edited by lake district canary

Pukki

Martin Stieperman Buendia

Skipp Vrancic

Sorenson Gibson Zimbo Aarons 

Think Hanley and Tettey could use a rest and refreshes the squad from Wednesday, rotate what we can, but wouldn’t mind either starting. Reckon this will be a good game for Vrancic as they’ll be sitting pretty deep and his creativity could be important.

Whichever it is it needs to be rested and given the right level of training based on need, not on 'what the computer says'.

Give Farke a worn out motor to run and as good as he is he will struggle to get it past the finshing line.

I think;

Mcgovern

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Sorensen 

Skipp Tettey (possibly Vranic)

Beundia Stiepermann Placheta,

Pukki

Game time for 2 U23s

12 man team there ok as long as noone notices.

Farke will not change, Pukki not certain to play hope this not DF teasing us with Pukki appearance.

McGovern will keep place but don't expect a performance, Farke stubborn streak will haunt us.

The good news regarding injury news at last press conf needs to be genuine and not a carrot from Farke.  Sceptical on return soon of any unjured.

Is there a worse time to play a Pullis team especially as we have started conceding goals from set pieces again against both Stoke and Luton.

we will need to be incredibly disciplined to not give a way stupid free kicks and corners and keep possession for large periods to limit their ability to hurt us. Pukki back will be massive but a few players looked tired last night so getting the, through this one will be great. 

2 minutes ago, Big O said:

Is there a worse time to play a Pullis team especially as we have started conceding goals from set pieces again against both Stoke and Luton.

we will need to be incredibly disciplined to not give a way stupid free kicks and corners and keep possession for large periods to limit their ability to hurt us. Pukki back will be massive but a few players looked tired last night so getting the, through this one will be great. 

Good points

Emi Buendia, I’m looking at you... and others to be fair

3 minutes ago, Big O said:

They have their own problems with players missing on Saturday. I think Norwich will get a cosy win. 

8 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Good points

Emi Buendia, I’m looking at you... and others to be fair

The number of timesEmi  was just flopping to the floor and sitting and layng around acting like he had just had his spine broken yesterday irked me to no end

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The number of timesEmi  was just flopping to the floor and sitting and layng around acting like he had just had his spine broken yesterday irked me to no end

Yes one more of his niggly little traits. His sometimes awful tackling attempts can be a liability to himself & the team (not to mention the tacklee’s health.).  Amazing skills, great importance in the team, far from a polished diamond

still, looking forward to seeing what he can create on Saturday. Chuffed he got his goals in recent games, when he was able to be on the pitch