Martin Tyler has just "apologised for the inappropriate language" during the WHU v Villa match.

Swearing can be the most appropriate language depending on the situation.

Its just that we can hear it quite clearly.

49 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Martin Tyler has just "apologised for the inappropriate language" during the WHU v Villa match.

Swearing can be the most appropriate language depending on the situation.

Its just that we can hear it quite clearly.

Was it a damn it or slightly stronger? 

It's a ritual. The same as the warning before so many television programmes which contain scenes (of violence, nudity etc.) that "might upset some viewers."

This agreeing to cookies request whenever you access a new site is also a pain, especially when every site uses them in any case.

There can't be that many people antagonised by such things as to justify all the attention surely?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's a ritual. The same as the warning before so many television programmes which contain scenes (of violence, nudity etc.) that "might upset some viewers."

This agreeing to cookies request whenever you access a new site is also a pain, especially when every site uses them in any case.

There can't be that many people antagonised by such things as to justify all the attention surely?

The modern world sadly - no one must be offended at all costs.

Is Martin Tyler the one who always shouts “and it’s LIVE” as though we don’t realise what we’re watching and usually following calm conversation about team news? Also, it was ok with fan noise and chanting in the background but is just comical with the silence behind him

3 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Wish he would apologise for the endless drivel he comes out with.

I've been thinking the same recently. He was once the best around, but he's 75 now and the drivel has started to outweigh the relevant stuff. I think Sky should consider putting him out of his misery before he makes many more gaffes, such as describing Premier League players as 'key workers' like he did a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

What was the point in Unions striving to get the pension age lowered for blokes like him to carry on at 75. Its like people who don't take all their holidays.

Give someone else a chance.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What was the point in Unions striving to get the pension age lowered for blokes like him to carry on at 75. Its like people who don't take all their holidays.

Give someone else a chance.

Pretty sure he was commentating on England v Argentina 86 for ITV. He's had a good run. 

1 minute ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Pretty sure he was commentating on England v Argentina 86 for ITV. He's had a good run. 

Watching re-runs of The Big Match on ITV 4 Saturdays, Tyler is on the credits as being a member of the production team.  So he started as a TV back room boy rather than as a journo which is the usual route to commentating.  So assume he tried it as a laugh, or as an emergency, then got the gig.

Always struck me as a neutral commentator and a enjoyable listen. 

As for apologising for language - I'm sure that was his job. 

Odd fred. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

This fred does seem unusually harsh for what i considered to be some grounded members on this forum. 

Apparently he supports Woking ha. 

I hope they apologize the next time they put 1p5wich on the telly, I'm wondering how it'll be categorized, you wouldn't call it sport, even drama would be a stretch, maybe comedy could cover it but I'm more inclined to call it a horror show.