Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Today's Nightmare Injury News

So, Daniel Farke's pre-match press conference soon.

Have come to associate these with endless bad news on the injury front.

What delights have we got today? Pukki out for three weeks? Stiepermann out? Rupp out?

Confirmation that McLean and Hugill are both out for 4 months?

Some other player injured that we hadn't even had an inkling about. 

13 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

Well bor, I watta know wot they git up ta in traynun! Suffin gorn on that hint roight!

Sarcasm aside this is beginning to look like a serious question.

I don't think the sports scientists and medical staff will allow tough training sessions at the moment with so many fixtures, many if not most teams are suffering excess soft tissue injuries caused by the unprecedented situation coupled with the seemingly inflexible football authorities. I would think they will be ticking over in training, nothing more.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sarcasm aside this is beginning to look like a serious question.

Are we really going to question something none of us know anything about, when the results of it are that we’re top of the league???

Would you rather a fully fit squad and a nice comfortable mid table finish? I’d wager our ways of training our pretty important, particularly considering the amount of late goals we score. Take them away and then let’s see how we get on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Are we really going to question something none of us know anything about, when the results of it are that we’re top of the league???

Again, Zac, welcome to the forum. We need to get you up to speed on some of the posters here 

😉

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worth noting that Dickson-Peters isnt in the under 23's side today.

Tyrese Omotoye and Andrew Omobamidele both playing for the U23's though - small bit of good news as Farke had said last week that both were injured. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Again, Zac, welcome to the forum. We need to get you up to speed on some of the posters here 

😉

I thought this forum was for discussion but obviously you think that our outrageous injury list and the reasoning behind it is not worthy of questioning as for at least two seasons now it has been nothing other than bad luck ?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Would you rather a fully fit squad and a nice comfortable mid table finish? I’d wager our ways of training our pretty important, particularly considering the amount of late goals we score. Take them away and then let’s see how we get on.

Interesting point of view that a fully fit squad would equate to a mid table finish.

Just checked todays line up to line up v Newcastle only 2 names omitted Warner and Springett who may have been replaced by Andrew and Tyrese O, the playing positions match up.  With a fit squad of 14 experienced players and questions over Pukki, Stiepermann and Rupp.  We need a few academy players to beef up the bench.  Might we play one or two of todays line up giving them a half might not play tomorrow but given recent injury news will get to play. 

20 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Tyrese Omotoye and Andrew Omobamidele both playing for the U23's though - small bit of good news as Farke had said last week that both were injured. 

Surely Omotoye will be above Dickson-Peters in the first team reckoning? 

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought this forum was for discussion but obviously you think that our outrageous injury list and the reasoning behind it is not worthy of questioning as for at least two seasons now it has been nothing other than bad luck ?

How to overreact, right here.

I literally did not say any of that, like NONE of it.

My post was a reaction to many posters on here believing they know things we can't possibly know.

But sure, tell me my opinion. 

And here, I thought this forum was for discussion... And to expand on the point you immediately contridicted, is it not a place for differing opinions?

Whether my opinion differs or not, it is again something you don't know.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

You're not even new here! 😉

• Like 1

I get far more nervous before the pre-match press conference these days than I do at any stage in a match. 

• Haha 1

PEss Conf imminent

for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21).

These are rules covering aademy players provided players had been in an acadenmy for 3 years and is now at NCFC they will comply.  This was the case with Aarons and Lewis spent some time in Luton academy

7 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

How to overreact, right here.

I literally did not say any of that, like NONE of it.

My post was a reaction to many posters on here believing they know things we can't possibly know.

But sure, tell me my opinion. 

And here, I thought this forum was for discussion... And to expand on the point you immediately contridicted, is it not a place for differing opinions?

Whether my opinion differs or not, it is again something you don't know.

What was that all about then by you quoting Fiery Zac who in turn had quoted me ?

22 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Surely Omotoye will be above Dickson-Peters in the first team reckoning? 

Hard to know. Omotoye has obviously had a small injury recently. Dickson-Peters was on the bench at Stoke in midweek. And as I mentioned yesterday he is now listed as part of the first team squad on The Club's official website (whereas Omotoye isn't). 

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No Pukki tomorrow is nothing short of a complete disaster.

I think a 'disaster' would him being out for a month or more. Him missing one match and or potentialy two is not as bad as it would first seem..

Although it's still awful.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What was that all about then by you quoting Fiery Zac who in turn had quoted me ?

Good grief.

I quoted Zac. And only a specific part of what he said. Because it's very relevant to how a number of posters post. 

It happens a lot. It's difficult to NOT see it happening a lot.

Try not to track everything back to how it might offend you personally.