keelansgrandad

Somebody explain please

I am totally confused by what is happening when somebody tests positive for Covid.

The PM has to isolate because of Test and Trace. He posts that he has to obey the rules.

Bristol City announce that a number of their club have tested positive but their game can go ahead.

How.

Football has different rules, crazy.

Norway being allowed into the U.K. after playing in Denmark is an even more puzzling one.

Professional sport is encouraged because it enhances public morale in difficult times.

The justification is that there is a rigorous testing regime.

The appearance of Boris Johnson would have the opposite effect. Isolation therefore being the obvious solution. 😆😆

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Professional sport is encouraged because it enhances public moral in difficult times.

The justification is that there is a rigorous testing regime.

The appearance of Boris Johnson would have the opposite effect. Isolation therefore being the obvious solution. 😆😆

I hope you meant morale

• Haha 1

The justification is that there is a rigorous testing regime.

If only that was correct. Below the EPL testing is not compulsory and many clubs cannot afford to fund it. 

It does seem wrong, but the morale point was a good one for football generally, except that from a morale point of view, the internationals don't really do that for a lot of fans.

The pressure to do internationals was there, but are they really necessary?  Not in my book, the internationals don't do much for me - I've just missed not having Norwich matches to look forward to, but - and I think Farke alluded to this in an interview before the break - there is a danger of players travelling around the world spreading the virus more and endangering the situation at clubs when they return.   Hope not, but it might get a bit difficult for some clubs.

Totally wrong on so many levels for a club that has even one player with covid playing a game of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It does seem wrong, but the morale point was a good one for football generally, except that from a morale point of view, the internationals don't really do that for a lot of fans.

The pressure to do internationals was there, but are they really necessary?  Not in my book, the internationals don't do much for me - I've just missed not having Norwich matches to look forward to, but - and I think Farke alluded to this in an interview before the break - there is a danger of players travelling around the world spreading the virus more and endangering the situation at clubs when they return.   Hope not, but it might get a bit difficult for some clubs.

Totally agree. International football is an extra. This ridiculous Nations League could have waited. And then to play a meaningless friendly, which the Nations League was  supposed to take the place of, is bizarre.

• Thanks 1

The issue is when these players that have had any contact with a 'positive' player return to their clubs they should then self- isolate for 14 days as they could pass covid onto their team-mates or opposition.   Will they ?   It's a ticking time-bomb............

Edited by paul moy

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I'd say the England game had the opposite effect of boosting morale...

Grealish boosted my morale.  The new 'Gazza'....

Mclean of Stoke and Ireland tests positive and should not be available to face NCFC on Tuesday.  If missing only good for us.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Mclean of Stoke and Ireland tests positive and should not be available to face NCFC on Tuesday.  If missing only good for us.

I didn't  know Donkeys  could catch it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, paul moy said:

Grealish boosted my morale.  The new 'Gazza'....

What a **** tank and a wife beater