A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Been checking back on many Boris statements about the crisis.

Not in any I have just read does he really issue any threat to Russia. He uses words like consequences and resolve, miscalculation and high price.

But never one statement that would make Putin do anything other than smile.

In a similar amusing train of thought -

The allegations in the intelligence and security committee report (see 10am) were echoed in this recent report from the Centre for American Progress, a thinktank close to the Biden administration. It said:

The United Kingdom, in particular, has become a major hub for Russian oligarchs and their wealth, with London gaining the moniker “Londongrad.” Uprooting Kremlin-linked oligarchs will be a challenge given the close ties between Russian money and the United Kingdom’s ruling conservative party, the press, and its real estate and financial industry.

Perhaps we should place some sanctions on all of the above as well as the Russians. Got to be sure!

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

So for all of you wanting stronger sanctions, who wants UK troops on the ground in Ukraine?

We've already sent some to do training.

we killed many civilian in Afghanistan, as well as over 350 of our soldiers, then ran away with some 3bn of their assets, now they are freezing and dying of hunger, and for what? a Taliban Government.

Liz Truss and Bojoke are expendable if they want to fight for a **** regime, but we should not commit troops to a country that signs cease fire agreements and then breaks them for 8 years. Dying for the right of ****'s to exist, what a farce, it makes a mockery of the Holocaust memorials. 

https://www.plenglish.com/news/2021/12/17/us-and-ukraine-vote-against-anti-****-resolution-repudiated-at-un/

15 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

we killed many civilian in Afghanistan, as well as over 350 of our soldiers, then ran away with some 3bn of their assets, now they are freezing and dying of hunger, and for what? a Taliban Government.

Liz Truss and Bojoke are expendable if they want to fight for a **** regime, but we should not commit troops to a country that signs cease fire agreements and then breaks them for 8 years. Dying for the right of ****'s to exist, what a farce, it makes a mockery of the Holocaust memorials. 

https://www.plenglish.com/news/2021/12/17/us-and-ukraine-vote-against-anti-****-resolution-repudiated-at-un/

Why do you run to quote the Cuban official news agency ?

So for all of you wanting stronger sanctions, who wants UK troops on the ground in Ukraine?

The whole point of stronger sanctions is that they would hopefully calm Putin down a bit. 

Maybe the defence secretary wants troops on the ground 

Earlier, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said Mr Putin had gone "full tonto" in escalating the Ukraine crisis, adding that had "no friends, no alliances" internationally.

In comments made to serving military personnel, the former Scots Guards officer added that his regiment had "kicked the backside" of Russia's Tsar Nicolas I in the Crimean war in the mid-19th Century, arguing that "we can always do it again".

Don’t know if any of you have just received correspondence from your energy supplier about what the new cap increase will mean. Up until now I guess it has all been I bet it won’t be that bad. Once everybody starts getting this reality will set in. I am betting as well that when the good old council tax bill is received, although we will get a £200 rebate ( a loan wether I want it or not ), the bill will increase by £200.

I appreciate this is international but I suspect with that reality hitting people will not be happy. Here is mine so you can see the huge increases ( my account is currently in credit ) and believe me we don’t have all the lights or heating on all the time.

Here's what it means for you 
Your gas and electricity prices will increase by £864.17 a year. You can find out more here but the table below shows how it all breaks down based on your estimated energy usage.

Your monthly Direct Debits will need to increase based on how much energy we think you will use, the revised energy prices and your account balance. This means your gas Direct Debit will increase from £79.00 to £118.00 on 22 March 2022 and your electricity Direct Debit will increase from £65.00 to £98.00 on 22 March 2022. We'll contact your bank on your behalf and take care of everything for you.

We'll carry on reviewing your Direct Debits at regular intervals to make sure you're paying the right amount for the energy you use. If we ever need to adjust your Direct Debits, we'll always write to you before we make any changes.

How your prices are changing 
If you have recently switched to a fixed tariff, your energy prices will be unaffected by this price increase.

Electricity

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
4339 kWh (Estimated) 
Tariff Includes
Standard Tariff has no end date or exit fees 

Current Price until
31 March 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

Standing Charge (per day) 25.09p 48.13p

Standard Energy (per kWh) 20.60p 27.86p

Personal Projection £985.06 £1,384.38

Estimated Annual Change - £399.32

Gas

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
13890 kWh (Estimated) 
Additional Benefits

Current Price until
31 Mar 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

Standing Charge (per day) 26.12p 27.22p

Unit Rate (per kWh) 4.05p 7.37p

Personal Projection £656.84 £1,121.69

Estimated Annual Change - £464.85

All prices and costs shown above include VAT at 5%. Your unit rates and standing charges might appear differently on your bills/statements.

How we've worked out your Personal Projection
This cost is based on how much energy we expect you to use in the next twelve months. We've included all applicable discounts and VAT at 5% to the charges and personal projection. We use our current Standard variable prices in your projection. These prices could change in the future. This information allows you to understand your future energy costs and compare your tariff with others.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

What an idiotic question. Stronger sanctions has nothing at all to do with putting troops on the ground in the Ukraine.

You will note as well if you go on the clicky thing a big part of this is less Russian gas going into Europe. Now I am no expert so this is a question, does that mean when the PM said we only get 3% of our gas from Russia he has thrown another curved ball in, in that we get it from Europe, who get it from Russia ?

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Don’t know if any of you have just received correspondence from your energy supplier about what the new cap increase will mean. Up until now I guess it has all been I bet it won’t be that bad. Once everybody starts getting this reality will set in. I am betting as well that when the good old council tax bill is received, although we will get a £200 rebate ( a loan wether I want it or not ), the bill will increase by £200.

I appreciate this is international but I suspect with that reality hitting people will not be happy. Here is mine so you can see the huge increases ( my account is currently in credit ) and believe me we don’t have all the lights or heating on all the time.

Your gas and electricity prices will increase by £864.17 a year. You can find out more here but the table below shows how it all breaks down based on your estimated energy usage.

Your monthly Direct Debits will need to increase based on how much energy we think you will use, the revised energy prices and your account balance. This means your gas Direct Debit will increase from £79.00 to £118.00 on 22 March 2022 and your electricity Direct Debit will increase from £65.00 to £98.00 on 22 March 2022. We'll contact your bank on your behalf and take care of everything for you.

We'll carry on reviewing your Direct Debits at regular intervals to make sure you're paying the right amount for the energy you use. If we ever need to adjust your Direct Debits, we'll always write to you before we make any changes.

If you have recently switched to a fixed tariff, your energy prices will be unaffected by this price increase.

Electricity

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
4339 kWh (Estimated) 
Tariff Includes

Current Price until
31 March 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

Gas

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
13890 kWh (Estimated) 
Additional Benefits

Current Price until
31 Mar 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

All prices and costs shown above include VAT at 5%. Your unit rates and standing charges might appear differently on your bills/statements.

This cost is based on how much energy we expect you to use in the next twelve months. We've included all applicable discounts and VAT at 5% to the charges and personal projection. We use our current Standard variable prices in your projection. These prices could change in the future. This information allows you to understand your future energy costs and compare your tariff with others.

Just got mine through. £2200 a year for fuel. I'm going back to how my parents were and turning off every light etc.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Just got mine through. £2200 a year for fuel. I'm going back to how my parents were and turning off every light etc.

I am guessing this could break many households financially ?. 
I wonder how much 5% vat on the increases alone equate to ? And are we really that reliant on Europe for our gas and electricity ?

51 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

So my mini survey concludes that every one is calling for stronger UK sanctions but no one is prepared to put UK troops into Ukraine.

I'll sign you up and happily send you into the fray.

So my mini survey concludes that every one is calling for stronger UK sanctions but no one is prepared to put UK troops into Ukraine.

We certainly do not want to send troops into Ukraine to fight. Any war would never sort out the problem. Ukraine is a multi national country. (Although Trump did say he doesn't really think it is a real country, meaning it was part of Russia). Not all its citizens want autonomy. Just like not all citizens of Scotland want to be lackeys of England. Or not all citizens of NI want to be part of Britain.

The argument stops with the Ukraine. Every other nation in that area are NATO members and Putin would certainly be facing a different response should he have designs on others.

We must not let our young men die to save a muddled Ukraine. Its so easy to say Russia is wrong and we should stand up to them. But in the end, the world does not need more wars.

On 23/02/2022 at 16:33, Well b back said:

Electricity

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
4339 kWh (Estimated) 
Tariff Includes

Current Price until
31 March 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

Gas

Your Tariff
Standard 
Your Payment Method
Direct Debit 
Your Annual Usage
13890 kWh (Estimated) 
Additional Benefits

Current Price until
31 Mar 2022
New Price from
1 April 2022

This is what happens when your national energy policy is to run down the usage of cheaper fossil fuels for more expensive renewable sources.

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This is what happens when your national energy policy is to run down the usage of cheaper fossil fuels for more expensive renewable sources.

He's talking nonsense as per usual. We spent the last decade or so listening to opaquely funded think tanks and dodgy climate science deniers and haven't clearly invested enough in renewables and have to still rely on very volatile international markets for our fuel. We could have been well on our way to being self sufficient if it wasn't for people like Rocky, Fleet Street and Tufton Street polluting the airwaves with utter rubbish.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Herman said:

He's talking nonsense as per usual. We spent the last decade or so listening to opaquely funded think tanks and dodgy climate science deniers and haven't clearly invested enough in renewables and have to still rely on very volatile international markets for our fuel. We could have been well on our way to being self sufficient if it wasn't for people like Rocky, Fleet Street and Tufton Street polluting the airwaves with utter rubbish.

Which are the cheaper fossil fuels? He doesn't list them.

What could be cheaper than renewables?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Which are the cheaper fossil fuels? He doesn't list them.

What could be cheaper than renewables?

The only thing cheaper would be fusion, which thankfully due to brexit according to Swindo, we have nearly got. 😀

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The only thing cheaper would be fusion, which thankfully due to brexit according to Swindo, we have nearly got. 😀

You'll be a very old man before that happens or if it happens at all. Meanwhile pray we don't have too many cold wndless nights.😉

42 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Meanwhile pray we don't have too many cold wndless nights.

I wouldn't worry too much, the jet stream will look after that (although if Storm Eunice is anything to go by, may cause mass panic in the south-east at a little bit more wind). 🤣

Apples

24 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

I wouldn't worry too much, the jet stream will look after that (although if Storm Eunice is anything to go by, may cause mass panic in the south-east at a little bit more wind). 🤣

Apples

A little bit more wind? My aerial is down and my wig is now somewhere near Rotterdam. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Herman said:

Just imagine if con-fusion was a source of power. Then Swindon could power the entire UK grid for free.

The UK has been the corrupt and willing laundromat for criminal Russian money for years. The Tories have done nothing in that time to prevent it, indeed, they have funded their own party from the proceeds. Now we are reaping the dire consequences of allowing Putin to prop up his despicable regime with our help.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/voices-putin-s-assault-on-ukraine-will-change-london-forever-it-shouldn-t-have-taken-this-long/ar-AAUjZLs?ocid=msedgntp

Voices: Putin’s assault on Ukraine will change London forever. It shouldn’t have taken this long