A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Over the last few weeks the church has called the Rwanda bill immoral. Today I see Braverman and Patel launch an attack on the church, claiming the church is responsible for bogus asylum claims.

Strange this has never been brought up before ? So is it true, exaggerated after 1 case was found or the latest effort to silence anyone that speaks out against them ?.

If they are trying to destabilise the church, then they really should look at some of the things they attend.

22 hours ago, Well b back said:

Over the last few weeks the church has called the Rwanda bill immoral. Today I see Braverman and Patel launch an attack on the church, claiming the church is responsible for bogus asylum claims.

Strange this has never been brought up before ? So is it true, exaggerated after 1 case was found or the latest effort to silence anyone that speaks out against them ?.

If they are trying to destabilise the church, then they really should look at some of the things they attend.

You can’t blame the church, as turning people away from joining the faith is pretty much the opposite of everything the religion stands for. The whole idea of Christianity is about helping others, irrespective of their past.

This is down to the Home Office. A simple rule change whereby a change of religion doesn’t count towards your application and you’ll see all these bogus conversions disappear in a heartbeat.

Although saying that if the Church wants to start interfering in political decisions then politicians should be free to criticise it as they see fit 

Edited by Fen Canary

On 30/01/2024 at 13:37, TheGunnShow said:

Agree in essence, I would say they often get a lot of mileage on anything not nuclear family-related as well, so chuck homosexuality into that mixer too, and indeed probably even single women/career women just because they don't follow "traditional" roles.

Where that falls down is that you wouldn't get as much mileage out of those two in our own society. Specifically on gender reassignment, I regard it as a form of self-harm, albeit with doctor's approval; people who experience it have my sympathy, but I don't think the state has any business actively normalising it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Where that falls down is that you wouldn't get as much mileage out of those two in our own society. Specifically on gender reassignment, I regard it as a form of self-harm, albeit with doctor's approval; people who experience it have my sympathy, but I don't think the state has any business actively normalising it.

Think we've gone across each other there, the problem is that dictatorships/despots have this knack of basically turning reproduction into a state affair and generally saying having more kids is a "patriotic duty". Hi/tler created the "Mother's Cross" and Kim Jong Un was seen bawling his eyes out begging for more mini North Koreans to presumably half-starve or brainwash. Not to mention Ceaucescu made abortion all but impossible to get.

Not sure how gender reassignment is remotely comparable to everything else there.

Mussolini's Motherhood Factories - JSTOR Daily

Cross of Honour of the German Mother - Wikipedia

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When I saw a video of the interview with Morgan my initial thought was that it was the cleverest use of CGI that I'd ever seen. Then it slowly dawned on me that our Prime Minister really is that stupid. 

This morning he said he only did it because it caught him by surprise lol

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When I saw a video of the interview with Morgan my initial thought was that it was the cleverest use of CGI that I'd ever seen. Then it slowly dawned on me that our Prime Minister really is that stupid. 

This morning the ex hedge fund manager said he's not a gambling person, did he mean he's not a lamb frolicking in a field? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This morning he said he only did it because it caught him by surprise lol

Fills you with confidence doesn't it? He wasn't being interviewed by one of the heavyweight reporters, it was Piers Morgan for goodness sake. I always considered Johnson to be a buffoon but I doubt even he would have been caught out like that. 

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Fills you with confidence doesn't it? He wasn't being interviewed by one of the heavyweight reporters, it was Piers Morgan for goodness sake. I always considered Johnson to be a buffoon but I doubt even he would have been caught out like that. 

He always knew where the nearest fridge was.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He always knew where the nearest fridge was.

Johnson could have answered one of the biggest questions of our time, but you'd never believe him.

JohnsonFridge.jpg

• Haha 1

As if the Morgan get wasn't bad enough, Sunak has now been interviewed by the BBC and revealed information concerning the King's illness. I despair. 

In other news, Kwarteng is the latest rat to desert the sinking ship. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As if the Morgan get wasn't bad enough, Sunak has now been interviewed by the BBC and revealed information concerning the King's illness. I despair. 

In other news, Kwarteng is the latest rat to desert the sinking ship. 

Yes, I heard that, but assumed he must have permission to say that. Is that not correct ? Did he not have permission ?.

Working for the NHS if I disclosed anyone’s medical history, let alone the King, I would be severely disciplined and likely face dismissal. A nurse could lose their PIN for that.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes, I heard that, but assumed he must have permission to say that. Is that not correct ? Did he not have permission ?.

Working for the NHS if I disclosed anyone’s medical history, let alone the King, I would be severely disciplined and likely face dismissal. A nurse could lose their PIN for that.

I think he's lost (or about too) his head ! Chop chop.

13 hours ago, Well b back said:

Ivan Toney got a 9 month ban for betting lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68209330

Even for the idiot Sunak that seems particularly crass and very foolish - I'm beginning to think he may be almost as stupid as Truss, so we'll just have to hope that his complete lack of authority over his own party will prevent him from pulling any disastrously similar stunts to her.

The Pop Corn

I see we have a new comedy troop. As usual blaming everybody and anything else for what they did. 

I prefer them salted  

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The Pop Corn

I see we have a new comedy troop. As usual blaming everybody and anything else for what they did. 

I prefer them salted  

So far we've got

Pop Cons

Nat Cons

New Cons

ERG

NRG

The peoples popular front of Judea

The popular peoples front of Judea

The Judean peoples front

The Paddy Power be gamble aware when the fun stops stop party.

They need to unite under the name Complete Cons.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Buckingham Palace released a statement yesterday which I think it is fair to say gave all the information that the King wished to share. I think it's highly unlikely that the King would release that statement and then ask Sunak to add to it. That makes no sense at all. Rachel Burden clearly hesitated during the conversation and I'm simply surmising again but I would guess that someone senior at the BBC told her to shut up and move on. 

Regardless of anyone's political persuasion I doubt there are many people out there who still consider Sunak a suitable person to be Prime Minister. Imagine him in a room with Putin, it just doesn't bear thinking about. 

• Like 1

Sunak goes from bad to worse. 

2 days ago he made a £1k public bet with Piers Morgan about deporting refugees. 

Yesterday he let slip private details about the King's health. 

Today at PMQ's he was told that the mother of Brianna Ghey was in the building but proceeded to make a joke about transgender people. 

He went on to refuse to apologise for the ridiculous bet and the distasteful joke. 

The man is a fool. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 6

I'm near to disliking him more than Johnson. What an idiot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Today at PMQ's he was told that the mother of Brianna Ghey was in the building but proceeded to make a joke about transgender people. 

He went on to refuse to apologise for the ridiculous bet and the distasteful joke. 

The man is a fool. 

He seems to have completely lost it, however I wonder if he is actually getting people to hate certain things and people thinking enough people will then vote Tory, but I think he seems to be making it worse.

New leaked emails from Michelle Mone to civil servants reveal the astonishing level of deception and corruption she engaged in to push the government to give contracts to Medpro

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/leak-reveals-michelle-mone-told-government-she-would-not-benefit-financially-from-ppe-firm/ar-BB1hVu8g?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=18c714aeaffe44259c99782e23cd81a9&ei=29

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The man is a fool. 

FFS! Badenoch is blaming Starmer for not being clear on trans issues, rather than the PM being crass.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Herman said:

I'm near to disliking him more than Johnson. What an idiot. 

No-one could be quite like Johnson but I have had the same thoughts. He never answers questions!....  in fact he refuses to.It feels like he is lacking in honesty as a result.

I think he is quite an empty sort, lacking in empathy and a basic morality. Today's behaviour in the Commons is an example of his style, a callous detachment.

He appears to be ready to jump ship, no doubt to Silicon Valley where he can live a life of privilege and not have to engage with the unwashed. A perfect place for someone lacking in political vision and where its all about money and optics.

This fella is the epitome of cynicism. Not much else to him.

What a shocking lot most of them are. 

• Like 3

Just watched his party political broadcast, an attack on Labour, with a distortion on their achievements and to think, some people will actually believe him. Do they still not see their lies about another major issue, is what’s caused a lot of the s***, getting people to vote in favour of something, they would now vote no on.

• Like 1