A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

14 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Dumb as Dorries.

Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries has admitted she shares her Netflix password with four other households in the UK - against the streaming giant's terms and conditions.

Netflix terms and conditions state users must live together to share access to a paid-for account.

"My mum has access to my account, the kids do. I have Netflix but there are four other people who can use my Netflix account in different parts of the country," Ms Dorries said.

Describing the current subscriber system as "extremely generous", she added: "Am I not supposed to do that?"

https://news.sky.com/story/dorries-admits-sharing-netflix-password-with-four-other-households-against-streaming-giants-rules-12616741

Dotty Dorries doing her best to retain her crown as the dumbest person ever to make it into the House of Commons:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dorries-falsely-claims-96-surveyed-153921994.html

Dorries falsely claims 96% surveyed support Channel 4 sale

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Dotty Dorries doing her best to retain her crown as the dumbest person ever to make it into the House of Commons:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dorries-falsely-claims-96-surveyed-153921994.html

Dorries falsely claims 96% surveyed support Channel 4 sale

Difference between her and Johnson is he deliberately lies. She is just thick.

The rumour is that Dotty Dorries used to watch this video every morning when she was a nurse, in order to ensure she got her basic biology correct:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Stanley Johnson has become a French National 🤣🤣🤣

I guess he knows which side his bread is buttered. I wonder how many of the other Brexiteers also have escape holes.

On 19/05/2022 at 13:48, horsefly said:

This looks more and more like a Met stitch up. First they refused to investigate any of the events at all, despite clear evidence that the Covid laws were broken on multiple occasions. Now, having been forced into investigating the law-breaking, they have concluded their investigations having issued Johnson just 1 fine for the least egregious event that he attended. That, of course, suits Johnson fine as it could be easily passed off as him being fined for something as relatively trivial as being "ambushed by a birthday cake". It is clear to everyone that subsequent events were a far more obvious and serious breach of the law. The BYOB party being a prime example where invites were sent out by Johnson's principal private secretary to enjoy the sun and take drinks in the No.10 gardens (something expressly and unambiguously forbidden by the Covid laws). Johnson spent longer at that event than he did for his own brief birthday party. There is absolutely no logic for failing to fine him for attendance at the BYOB event after having fined him for the less serious birthday cake event. The Met must be compelled to make public the explanation for the fines they have (and have not) issued. There really needs to be an independent public inquiry into the Met's decision making throughout this whole sorry period.

Looks exactly like a Met stitch up to the extent that I've yet to hear an even vaguely credible alternative explanation for the Met's failure to give Johnson any more fines for other events which were clearly more serious breaches than the infamous 'birthday cake' incident.

That seems to be the reaction also from some of the civil servants who did receive multiple fines, and I'd love to know what Rishi makes of it all as he also looks to have been completely stitched up by the Met, which of course also suits Johnson perfectly........

There certainly needs to be some sort of enquiry and disciplinary action taken against the Met, firstly for their abject failure to take any action at the times when all this illegal activity was taking place literally under their noses and then as you say for the multiple incomprehensible decisions they've made since.

If ever there was any doubt at all that there was one law for the ruling elite in this country and another completely different law for the rest of us then the Met have eliminated that doubt with this shambolic fiasco - funnily enough, and completely co-incidentally (or maybe not 😄) I completed a really long YouGov survey today which id the first I've seen/done covering the political parties' attitudes and handling of Brexit, Covid & cost of living crisis - climate crisis didn't get a look in so I imagine that it was probably commissioned by the Tories 😄

Anyway, intriguingly, alongside all of that there was also a question on 'One law for Johnson, and one law.....' first time I've ever seen that come up in a YouGov survey - no need to say what my answer was!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I guess he knows which side his bread is buttered. I wonder how many of the other Brexiteers also have escape holes.

Rees Smeg moved his business to Dublin of course.

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Looks exactly like a Met stitch up to the extent that I've yet to hear an even vaguely credible alternative explanation for the Met's failure to give Johnson any more fines for other events which were clearly more serious breaches than the infamous 'birthday cake' incident.

That seems to be the reaction also from some of the civil servants who did receive multiple fines, and I'd love to know what Rishi makes of it all as he also looks to have been completely stitched up by the Met, which of course also suits Johnson perfectly........

There certainly needs to be some sort of enquiry and disciplinary action taken against the Met, firstly for their abject failure to take any action at the times when all this illegal activity was taking place literally under their noses and then as you say for the multiple incomprehensible decisions they've made since.

If ever there was any doubt at all that there was one law for the ruling elite in this country and another completely different law for the rest of us then the Met have eliminated that doubt with this shambolic fiasco - funnily enough, and completely co-incidentally (or maybe not 😄) I completed a really long YouGov survey today which id the first I've seen/done covering the political parties' attitudes and handling of Brexit, Covid & cost of living crisis - climate crisis didn't get a look in so I imagine that it was probably commissioned by the Tories 😄

Anyway, intriguingly, alongside all of that there was also a question on 'One law for Johnson, and one law.....' first time I've ever seen that come up in a YouGov survey - no need to say what my answer was!

Johnson must have known all along it would be a whitewash. He has been so cocky about it despite lying to Parliament, which will be voted down.

I was hoping Gray's report might be explosive but know think it will be a belch at worst.

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Stanley Johnson has become a French National 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Brings a whole new meaning to him being a" pain" in the ar*se 

Edited by horsefly

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Rees Smeg moved his business to Dublin of course.

Ol' Dicky Dyson, Tubs Lawson, Brillo Neil and Jim Ratcliff to name a few others.

Just as some of us suspected, it's looking very much like a Met coverup re-Johnson:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/boris-was-investigated-over-just-two-out-of-six-events-he-attended/ar-AAXuRei?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c62ccb2b25f409d9aa3cb71f4c0a9e1

Boris 'was investigated over just two out of six events he attended'

It's now absolutely crucial that the Met give full details about the extent and  processes of their investigation. If this is true it's an utter disgrace.

Edited by horsefly

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Just as some of us suspected, it's looking very much like a Met coverup re-Johnson:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/boris-was-investigated-over-just-two-out-of-six-events-he-attended/ar-AAXuRei?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c62ccb2b25f409d9aa3cb71f4c0a9e1

Boris 'was investigated over just two out of six events he attended'

It's now absolutely crucial that the Met give full details about the extent and  processes of their investigation. If this is true it's an utter disgrace.

I bet they have lost the paperwork

Sadly I too now believe that Sue Gray's report will be a damp squib.

I missed the start of an interview on BBC earlier today and the name of the reporter but whoever it was came across firmly of the opinion that it will be civil service staff within No. 10 who will carry the can with the overall theme being that Johnson stumbled into a number of questionable events having been given bad advice by civil servants which of course is another despicable trait of the man ie throw other people under the bus to save his own skin.

The reporter also went on to say that many of the alleged incriminating photos which people are claiming they have in their possession will not see the light of day as they contravene data protection legislation.

I switched off the TV at that point as I needed to phone the Samaritans with my mind set on the belief that the only way of getting rid of Teflon man will be at the ballot box. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Sadly I too now believe that Sue Gray's report will be a damp squib.

I missed the start of an interview on BBC earlier today and the name of the reporter but whoever it was came across firmly of the opinion that it will be civil service staff within No. 10 who will carry the can with the overall theme being that Johnson stumbled into a number of questionable events having been given bad advice by civil servants which of course is another despicable trait of the man ie throw other people under the bus to save his own skin.

The reporter also went on to say that many of the alleged incriminating photos which people are claiming they have in their possession will not see the light of day as they contravene data protection legislation.

I switched off the TV at that point as I needed to phone the Samaritans with my mind set on the belief that the only way of getting rid of Teflon man will be at the ballot box. 

But if he stays prime minister until that election then that increases the chances of defeating him/the Tories. The last thing any sane person wants is for the Tories to dump BoJo the Clown and chose someone who is - very much by comparison - competent and so just about electable.

The last three Tory PMs, up to and including BoJo, have been catastrophically useless, albeit in different ways, and in my view, for what that is worth, the worst three PMs from either party since world war two.

It is barely believable that the unspeakable Johnson, a man totally without qualities or redeeming features, is the political leader of a supposedly serious country.

With any luck his seeming escape from Partygate won't work in his favour, if the lesson enough voters take is not that he really didn't do anything wrong but indeed that he has got away with serial rule-breaking while the little people have been punished.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently Johnson met Gray at the end of April.

Indeed he did. So much for the independence of Gray's report. So much for transparency. The only reason we know about this meeting is because a Sky News reporter discovered it, otherwise it would have remained a secret meeting. The levels of corruption to which this government will stoop know no bounds.

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

But if he stays prime minister until that election then that increases the chances of defeating him/the Tories. The last thing any sane person wants is for the Tories to dump BoJo the Clown and chose someone who is - very much by comparison - competent and so just about electable.

The last three Tory PMs, up to and including BoJo, have been catastrophically useless, albeit in different ways, and in my view, for what that is worth, the worst three PMs from either party since world war two.

It is barely believable that the unspeakable Johnson, a man totally without qualities or redeeming features, is the political leader of a supposedly serious country.

With any luck his seeming escape from Partygate won't work in his favour, if the lesson enough voters take is not that he really didn't do anything wrong but indeed that he has got away with serial rule-breaking while the little people have been punished.

The cold truth is that Johnson is making the Tories as unelectable to voters as Corbyn did for Labour. Yes of course both did/will play to their core more extreme voters - doubling down in Johnson's case on some new anti EU Brexit battles but alienating most in the middle who've long seen through the lies. Tory's are hemorrhaging voters to the Lib Dems in the South in traditional Tory seats.

Until Johnson's gone the Tory party (or whatever it is called) can't heal, can't renew itself but continues to rot. As far as Starmer, Davey and Sturgeon are concerned long may he/it continue (although they can't really say that) until the next election. Certainly don't want a new boss like Hunt to take over and make them electable again!

41 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The cold truth is that Johnson is making the Tories as unelectable to voters as Corbyn did for Labour. Yes of course both did/will play to their core more extreme voters - doubling down in Johnson's case on some new anti EU Brexit battles but alienating most in the middle who've long seen through the lies. Tory's are hemorrhaging voters to the Lib Dems in the South in traditional Tory seats.

Until Johnson's gone the Tory party (or whatever it is called) can't heal, can't renew itself but continues to rot. As far as Starmer, Davey and Sturgeon are concerned long may he/it continue (although they can't really say that) until the next election. Certainly don't want a new boss like Hunt to take over and make them electable again!

I'm not sure about that. Is there a creditable Tory leader at the moment. Surely the Party strategists will look at those likely to come forward and think they don't add up to a hill of beans? Johnson has his own charisma that appeals to many and as I have said before, I'm sure he would be a good laugh to go out drinking with (doubt he would buy a round though).

Sunak is tarnished. Truss and Hunt have absolutely no personality or charisma. Would they be left with the designated survivor?

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not sure about that. Is there a creditable Tory leader at the moment. Surely the Party strategists will look at those likely to come forward and think they don't add up to a hill of beans? Johnson has his own charisma that appeals to many and as I have said before, I'm sure he would be a good laugh to go out drinking with (doubt he would buy a round though).

Sunak is tarnished. Truss and Hunt have absolutely no personality or charisma. Would they be left with the designated survivor?

They have to change course KG. Only Hunt could do that and reclaim traditional Tory voters. But yes - the are 'b ggered'.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

They have to change course KG. Only Hunt could do that and reclaim traditional Tory voters. But yes - the are 'b ggered'.

I wonder if a left fielder like Mourdant might throw her hat in the ring?

It looks like the Australians may have kicked out Rupert Mu.....sorry, Scott Morrison.👍

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It looks like the Australians may have kicked out Rupert Mu.....sorry, Scott Morrison.👍

Only the Aussies could abbreviate him to Albo.

How about Jonno or Starmy?

Oh dear! Johnson's cabal are claiming that it was Sue Gray that called for the secret meeting, but Sue Gray's office are claiming she did no such thing. Surely a sitting PM wouldn't lie, would he!

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Johnson's cabal are claiming that it was Sue Gray that called for the secret meeting, but Sue Gray's office are claiming she did no such thing. Surely a sitting PM wouldn't lie, would he!

I reckon it was only to go over a few odd words here and there of the report. Nothing to see here 😅.....

IMG_20220521_152717.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth".  (Uncle Joe)

• Like 1

We all know that the Premier League is a corrupt front for the sports-washing of human rights abusing murderous regimes and kleptocrats. Perhaps we are less aware of the Johnson government's role in this:

EXCLUSIVE: Boris Johnson cover-up on Newcastle's Saudi Arabian owners

Boris Johnson's office is blocking The Mail on Sunday from seeing crucial correspondence relating to Newcastle United’s controversial £305million sale to the Saudi sovereign wealth fund last year.

The Premier League finally agreed to allow the sale of Newcastle in October 2021 after months of wrangling, when it ruled that Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, who is accused by US intelligence of approving the operation to capture or kill the murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi, would not have to submit himself to the owners’ and directors’ test.

It is known Bin Salman personally contacted Johnson in June 2020, warning him in a text that Anglo-Saudi relations would be damaged unless the £300m sale to the wealth fund PIF was approved. Bin Salman is chairman of PIF, which owns 80 per cent of Newcastle. He told Johnson then: ‘We expect the Premier League to reconsider and correct its wrong conclusion.’

It is not known what type of correspondence could be so potentially damaging to Britain’s image but No10 demonstrably feels some messages are simply too explosive to be made public.

More detail on the Met's coverup of Johnson's lawbreaking:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/no-10-staff-furious-boris-got-away-with-it-after-single-partygate-fine/ar-AAXzozB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5773cc2f927d4acba42fe1c8e62640a9

No 10 staff furious Boris 'got away with it' after single partygate fine

Downing Street staff fined for attending lockdown busting parties are ‘furious’ Boris Johnson has only been handed one fine – despite attending multiple events.

But officers reportedly failed to question Mr Johnson over four gatherings of the six gatherings he is said to have attended while staff who were ordered to attend the same events have subsequently been fined.

Junior staff are said to be furious that some of them attended the same lockdown busting events as the prime minister and have received multiple fines.

‘I have no complaint about my fine. But junior staff, many women in their early 20s, are livid,’ one Downing Street insider told the Mirror.

‘They had no choice but to be there.

‘And they had reasonable grounds to believe the events had been cleared by the Covid task force.

‘Yet the PM was drinking and enjoying himself along with everyone else and pretty much gets away with it.’

Jo Coburn (BBC) currently making Zahawi look a complete idiot. Admittedly not the most difficult task.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Jo Coburn (BBC) currently making Zahawi look a complete idiot. Admittedly not the most difficult task.

There's a special hook in the foyer of  broadcaster's buildings to leave tory ministers' dignity. 

• Haha 1