Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Huddersfield

10 minutes ago, Haus said:

I think Pukki is pretty set to start too. 

Am certain Dowell will as well. Stieps is past it, Buendia’s suspended, scored against Luton and did really well in the Championship last season

If Cantwell doesn't start, given Buendia is also banned, I expect he will be spending all his time whilst in the dugout speaking to his agent on snap-chat to finalise his move to ANY premier league team.

I actually wouldn't blame him, although I think long term he could be standing in Dowell's shadow this season.

36 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What all these selections show is that only Tim Krul can be certain of his place. That must be a good thing and it looks like we have the strongest championship squad we've ever had. Says he with another 3 weeks of the window remaining...... 

Let's pray Krul doesnt get injured.. I don't even want to imagine having to have Michael "the scarecrow" Mcgovern in goal for any extended perioid of time 🥴

Don't get me wrong, I think Mcgovern is a decent goalie, and he clearly has a lot of experence that I'm sure is useful to other players around him and behind the scenes.. I just think that he's not Championship quality anymore and I think most would agree he's not getting any younger either

I think all would agree he’s not getting any younger CC - he’s not Benjamin Button! 

57 minutes ago, Clint said:

I think all would agree he’s not getting any younger CC - he’s not Benjamin Button! 

Well of course, he's not that magical 😉

I think however we do need to start looking for a replacement 2nd choice goalie. I mean, he will be 37 when this season ends. Or would we prefer he pulls a Buffon and stays here until he's 50?

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well of course, he's not that magical 😉

I think however we do need to start looking for a replacement 2nd choice goalie. I mean, he will be 37 when this season ends. Or would we prefer he pulls a Buffon and stays here until he's 50?

I'd take Buffon as a second keeper now 😂

Knowing Farke it’ll be.....

Krull

Aarons, Zimbo, Godfrey, McCullum

Skipp, McClean

Rupp, Dowell, Cantwell

Pukki.

If it was down to me!

Krull,

Aarons, Gibson, Godfrey, McCullum 

Sorensen, Skipp

Placheta, Cantwell, Hernandez 

Hugill.

If comments on here about wage levels are correct then at £28k a week I would expect Gibson to play. Likewise Xavi. They may be short of match fitness but the only way they can gain that is by actually playing.

It wouldn't surprise if Hugill got the nod over Teemu either but Kingo's selection earlier looks about right.

I'd forgotten about 2nd choice keeper. A lot of the transfer window left yet.

The best thing I’ve ever seen is LDC thinking Sorensen is an attacking winger/forward. With stuff like that you know not to listen to such poster on further issues 

2 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

The best thing I’ve ever seen is LDC thinking Sorensen is an attacking winger/forward. With stuff like that you know not to listen to such poster on further issues 

Yes, as I said, I got mixed up with the new players....but at least I have a team, which is more than you appear to have. What's your team, or is your only intention with this latest character of yours to troll around the forum with put downs?  

I expect todays lineup to be 

Krul,

Aarons, Zimmerman, Godfrey, McCullum

Skipp, Mclean

Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez 

Pukki

I think its a game or two two early for Gibson, and hope Dowell gets the No.10 spot. But with Sorenson, Mumba, Hugill & Placheta on the bench thats quite strong

When was the last time NCFC won on opening day of the season? Pretty sure we have an awful record for opening day games, so heres to a strong start against Huddersfield!!!!! 

23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul
Aarons Zimbo Godfrey Quintilla
Skipp McLean
Dowell Cantwell Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Gibson, Tettey, Rupp, Stiepermann, Placheta, Hugill

Swap Stiepi for Idah, and I was bang on 🙂

37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Swap Stiepi for Idah, and I was bang on 🙂

Now that's impressive. If we win you're my pick for our next manager.