Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Squad numbers released

Not particularly interesting other than the fact Drmic, Leitner and Trybull not even given squad numbers.

I know they’ve been told they can find new clubs but didn’t realise we would leave them out of the squad entirely in this way.

4E4FB8AE-C56E-41BB-AAF5-76534705B7B2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Interesting that Onel has relinquished 11 for Placheta and gone back to 25. Wonder if that's a hierarchical hint, or just an agreement between the players?

Also interesting that Barden has no squad number even though he's likely to start on Saturday, while the number 13 shirt has been left free...

Have I missed something with Trybull? Leitner seems to have had a fallout behind the scenes, Drmic imo was never going to be involved. Trybull though might be surplus to requirements but he was decent for us in the championship winning season, hasn’t as far as I’m aware caused any drama and is a player we know can be decent his season (while a few of the new midfield signings might not suit the championship - we won’t know until it’s possibly too late).

Can we register him later if he doesn’t leave before the season starts? When’s the registration deadline? 

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Interesting that Onel has relinquished 11 for Placheta and gone back to 25. Wonder if that's a hierarchical hint, or just an agreement between the players?

Think I saw him post on twitter about it, or somebody screenshot his instagram. He said something along the lines of going back to the amazing season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As it is looking more and more likely that we'll be able to keep 3 or more of the 'golden 5', what a squad we are shaping up to have!

We could switch out our entire front 6 for almost like for like replacements (although not entirely sure on who else will be vying for the right wing position):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pukki / Hugill-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Hernandez / Cantwell / Placheta-----------Dowell / Marco / Cantwell / Buendia---------Buendia / Rupp / Placheta? / Dowell?-

-----------------------Skipp / Sorenson / Tettey ----------------------------------------Vrancic / McLean / Rupp----------------------------------------------

This isn't even taking account of Sinani, Martin and Idah.

While our squad depth looks insane, possibly too much, if you take a look at Man City and how interchangeable their first and second choice 11s are, maybe things don't look quite so bloated. After all, we are looking to pi55 the league in Man City fashion aren't we?

In what is going to be a uniquely challenging championship season with extra congested fixtures, this kind of rotation could be essential in keeping things fresh, giving genuine competition for places and coping with injuries.

Although we may lose 1 or 2 from that bunch, whichever way you look at it the strength in depth is huge.

There are certainly going to be some serious disagreements in the 'first team prediction' threads this season 😄.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Looks very promising indeed although a rumor was floating about in the media that championship clubs may be restricted to squads of 25, i do not know the credibility of that and even if it were the case if certain youngsters would count, worse case scenario i suppose we are top heavy

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Think I saw him post on twitter about it, or somebody screenshot his instagram. He said something along the lines of going back to the amazing season.

Given that Onel honestly just comes across as a lovely, wonderful all around nice guy wouldent surprise me if he suggested giving him his number as a way of welcoming him to the squad

21 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

H.M.S Pi$$ the League is ready to depart, retract all moorings and prepare to weigh anchor.

Everything looks that way but past experience tells me whenever us NCFC fans are properly confident about a season it tends to go **** up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Everything looks that way but past experience tells me whenever us NCFC fans are properly confident about a season it tends to go **** up.

^This

10 minutes ago, BigFish said:

^This

Farke can't do any worse than his first season with us I doubt.. Least, hope I havent jinked it.

I would happily take playoffs, rather annoyed if we end up 6-10th but wouldent be the end of the world.

If we do however finish 14th or lower than well I'm not one to shout Farke out but Wenger it's time to go meme here