Sign in to follow this  
Jools

New GB News Channel

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Martin Daubney is a football hooligan?  I assume from the condescending laughy-face emoji you left on my last comment, that’s exactly what you’re suggesting.

4 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Martin Daubney is a football hooligan?  I assume from the condescending laughy-face emoji you left on my last comment, that’s exactly what you’re suggesting.

He is an idiot at best. He uses GB News to potray an image of council house boy made good. He was hauled over the coals for his bias on his program. Yet he rubbishes Vorderman for politicising her program.

Basically he is a wannabe.

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

How many complain about BBC programmes? Hard to tell. All BBC complaints have to go to the BBC first.  They get to police themselves. The system is rigged. 

If you complain to the BBC and you are not satisfied with the reply you can refer it to Ofcom, the system isn't rigged.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 13:16, Well b back said:

Blimey, 500 of their 510 viewers complained.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68336048

Always think that Ofcom should have the power to take off air as in 'No Signal' for the same duration / time of the day as the offending program that continually or knowingly breech their impartiality rules. And yes GB 'News' is nothing of the sort but an example of an echo chamber.

In a similar manner the newspapers should be forced to print apologies in exactly the same place and manner as per any original offending item. All of front page and editorials if necessary !

GBNews owner, Paul Marshall,  liked and retweeted far-right and racist posts. Anyone surprised:

https://www.mediaite.com/uk/gb-news-co-owner-purges-tweets-after-expose-of-social-media-activity/

Sir Paul Marshall, co-owner of GB News with a bid to become future owner of The Telegraph and The Spectator, purged tweets Thursday after an activist exposé
of his online activity endorsing “extremist and far right posts.”

Activists at anti-racist advocacy group Hope Not Hate published an investigation that highlighted Marshall’s likes and retweets over the past few months, further run as an exclusive by journalists at The News Agents podcast.

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

How many complain about BBC programmes? Hard to tell. All BBC complaints have to go to the BBC first.  They get to police themselves. The system is rigged. 

Not hard to tell at all , the BBC actually publishes the numbers and tells you what they complained about. Most of the complaints would appear to be from nutters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaint-service-reports

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

GBNews owner, Paul Marshall,  liked and retweeted far-right and racist posts. Anyone surprised:

https://www.mediaite.com/uk/gb-news-co-owner-purges-tweets-after-expose-of-social-media-activity/

Sir Paul Marshall, co-owner of GB News with a bid to become future owner of The Telegraph and The Spectator, purged tweets Thursday after an activist exposé

Activists at anti-racist advocacy group Hope Not Hate published an investigation that highlighted Marshall’s likes and retweets over the past few months, further run as an exclusive by journalists at The News Agents podcast.

As I mentioned on another thread about this exposé by an activist journalist and a far-left pressure group, Marshall has certainly expressed some forthright opinions regarding immigration and Islamism, but which of those opinions do you actually take issue with?

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

If you complain to the BBC and you are not satisfied with the reply you can refer it to Ofcom, the system isn't rigged.

why aren't other broadcasting stations treated the same way? the system is rigged

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

HopeNotHate is a far-left activist group. They hate this country.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

HopeNotHate is a far-left activist group. They hate this country.

Not at all. They just hate people like you. Hope that clears things up.👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Always think that Ofcom should have the power to take off air as in 'No Signal' for the same duration / time of the day as the offending program that continually or knowingly breech their impartiality rules. And yes GB 'News' is nothing of the sort but an example of an echo chamber.

In a similar manner the newspapers should be forced to print apologies in exactly the same place and manner as per any original offending item. All of front page and editorials if necessary !

There is no place for an NGO such as Ofcom in a free society. If someone libels or slanders on air there are the courts for remedy. Anything else is infringement of free speech.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

you mean they hate patriots, which was my point.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh, I think it is!

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Oh, I think it is!

I don't really care to be honest.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

why aren't other broadcasting stations treated the same way? the system is rigged

You're bat sh!t mental.

• Like 1

GB news is broke and Talk TV is coming off air. 👍

• Like 3

On 23/02/2024 at 18:38, Rock The Boat said:

you mean they hate patriots, which was my point.

Ah, good old patriotism makes an appearance, more likely the draping the flag around yourself through self interest, than a real love and loyalty for our country. Patriotism truly is the last refuge of the scoundrel when it is usurped in this fashion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Ah, good old patriotism makes an appearance, more likely the draping the flag around yourself through self interest, than a real love and loyalty for our country. Patriotism truly is the last refuge of the scoundrel when it is usurped in this fashion.

The UK truly is unique in having such a large proportion of its own population that sneers at its own flag and will make snap judgements on people who wave it. Truly mystifying.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The UK truly is unique in having such a large proportion of its own population that sneers at its own flag and will make snap judgements on people who wave it. Truly mystifying.

You are singularly not unique in failing to thoroughly read and understand what is written. I can assure I have not made a snap judgement regarding the subject, or subject matter in my post. 

Furthermore, how this comment leads you to believe I am sneering at "my own flag" and that I do indeed make "snap judgements" on those who do, is truly mystifying.

• Like 1

The notion of patriotism, i.e. the idea of being proud of somewhere simply because you fell out of a vagina in the same place as other people, is just hilarious. Pride in something that you do/achieve is understandable though.

• Like 1

It's funny that those cheering on oligarchs, billionaires and their paid for politicians, as they rip the **** out of Britain, class themselves as true patriots. 🤔

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

The notion of patriotism, i.e. the idea of being proud of somewhere simply because you fell out of a vagina in the same place as other people, is just hilarious. Pride in something that you do/achieve is understandable though.

You're the last person I'd have expected to make such a crasse statement.

It's about being part of a shared culture, shared interests, values and experiences, not simply 'where you happened to drop out of a vagina'; the same person with the same DNA would be a very different person born in another culture. They might be temperamentally the same, but still very different on account of their radically different experiences.

If you've so little respect for your own culture and heritage, why have any for anyone else's?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You're the last person I'd have expected to make such a crasse statement.

It's about being part of a shared culture, shared interests, values and experiences, not simply 'where you happened to drop out of a vagina'; the same person with the same DNA would be a very different person born in another culture. They might be temperamentally the same, but still very different on account of their radically different experiences.

If you've so little respect for your own culture and heritage, why have any for anyone else's?

You rather miss the point by hyper-focusing on the deliberately savage language I used, the key point being in the second half of my comment.

Personally, I find pride in things that are not your own achievements a faintly ludicrous notion as no matter how you dress it up, you are rather decorating yourself with the achievements of others when heading under the cloak of "patriotism" or speaking of a shared culture, interests, experiences et al. I'm not proud of my interest in football, but it's not something I'm ashamed of either - it's just part of me. By the same token, I am not proud of having being born in England, but it's not something I am ashamed of either. 

You don't have to be proud of culture to respect it, but at the same time a fair proportion of these "patriots" (not saying you're in this group of people as it can't be deduced from that post of yours) use it as a shield to, in their eyes, protect their culture from any sort of justified criticism. That's the sort of thing where I will readily and happily turn the tables.

Or, to quote the German cabarettist Volker Pispers once again as I did in an earlier thread, the word "patriot" is a portmanteau of "patriarch" and "idiot". The wordplay works perfectly in both German and English.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 2