Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I voted Krul and I hope he's POTS and still here next season so that we can acknowledge it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krul by a hundred million miles. Only consistently good player.

Pukki a great start to the season, no idea what’s happened since restart, though that could be said for virtually the entire squad. He can’t say he hasn’t had the chances, he’s just gradually looked less and less confident. Will he leave in the summer? Will anyone (in the PL or overseas equivalent) want to take the risk.

Cantwell in patches has been great.

Emi has shown he’d be a fantastic playmaker for any team and really flourish in a top team. Still needs to deal with his petulant side.

Max continues to show potential. Him and Lewis are the opposites in their priorities. Aarons will attack with purpose and risk whereas Lewis is a lot more cautious and all too often will go back when there is a more daring but potentially rewarding pass forwards. No idea if this ideology is deliberate but both look good but with more to come.

Tettey has proven he’s not done yet. It’s a shame we’ve been so heavily reliant on him though.

McLean does the basics and dirty work well and doesn’t get the credit he deserves...mainly for simply not being Vrancic.

 

Struggling to think of anyone else worth a mention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't be anyone but Krul fit POTS.

#2 for me is Cantwell who hasn't had a bad breakthrough season, but Krul has been mega.

#3 Tettey has proven he's still got it.

The rest? Meh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ said:

Can't be anyone but Krul fit POTS.

#2 for me is Cantwell who hasn't had a bad breakthrough season, but Krul has been mega.

#3 Tettey has proven he's still got it.

The rest? Meh.

 

This for me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

 

McLean does the basics and dirty work well and doesn’t get the credit he deserves...mainly for simply not being Vrancic.

 

 

McLean works hard but he doesn't really do the "dirty work". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GJP said:

McLean works hard but he doesn't really do the "dirty work". 

Statistically the best interceptor and header of the ball in our promotion season when compared to those in those midfield positions in front of the back 4.

He’s brought that into the PL:

most passes of anyone at the club.

Tettey the only midfielder with more blocks.

5th most tackles made

2nd only to Zimmerman in headed clearances.

Hes also 2nd for through balls and 3rd for crosses made.
 

All round our most complete player according to stats (yes they can be misleading blah blah).

 

So yes does do the dirty work imo

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it would be

1) Pukki, has been involved over 50% of our goals this season either by scoring or assist. Have had tough second part of the season, but so has rest of the team. 

2) Cantwell. Really stepped up this season and also been able to score decent numbers. 

3) Tettey or Krul. Both have been solid and consistent with their performance, not really shining but not having bad performances either. Can still perform in premier level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Statistically the best interceptor and header of the ball in our promotion season when compared to those in those midfield positions in front of the back 4.

He’s brought that into the PL:

most passes of anyone at the club.

Tettey the only midfielder with more blocks.

5th most tackles made

2nd only to Zimmerman in headed clearances.

Hes also 2nd for through balls and 3rd for crosses made.
 

All round our most complete player according to stats (yes they can be misleading blah blah).

 

So yes does do the dirty work imo

You know that goal Watford scored the other night?

 

McLean had to clatter the lad and he didn't. He was lightweight.

 

That's dirty work.

 

Winning headers against nobody or someone a foot shorter than you isn't.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like McLean. He's a decent sort of player. Like a lot of our players he's not quite good enough. Not to be starting in the Prem every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I voted Krul and I hope he's POTS and still here next season so that we can acknowledge it.

 

Krul got my vote too. Totally agree, Nutty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...