Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Short memories

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

No it wasn’t it was a thread about how we stop Raheem Sterling which you totally hijacked. You not only said that you also stated we should be angry if we lost a game an only wins were acceptable. You just change what you say to go with that week. 
If you think we forget when you are so rude to many of us you are wrong.

I did not hijack your thread and I did not say we should be angry!  Look it up, I didn't say it - and if hijacking your thread was answering the question you asked, well I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted from your op, but I did try and answer the question. Look it my first post on it! 

The impression from that thread was that people did not want an answer they just wanted to say "ooh, it's Man City, it's ok to lose to them".   I was the one person that said it wasn't ok to lose to them (the word anger was never mentioned!) and that we could win and that if everything went in our favour we would get something from that game. I wasn't right about the tactics, but the sentiment was there that we could win that game - and all I got was ridicule. My sentiment was correct - we beat them. 

When people come on here all angrified up with other posters thasss just paaashunn....

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

When people come on here all angrified up with other posters thasss just paaashunn....

Any code breakers? 
🙃

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:
On 05/06/2019 at 15:27, lake district canary said:

Imo the PL is overated with two teams dominating, the rest are there to get points off - so pushing towards the top for me. Actually, for me anything below 10th would be a disappointment - I think we are going to be better than quite a few clubs, so I'll say 4th, pushing 3rd. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Southampton have been a force to be reckoned since they were rocked back with that 0-9 especially with Ings being pretty much the hottest striker in the land

Hard to believe its the same person.

'Anything below 10th place would be a disappointment', who are you disappointed with then Lakey? We've clearly massively underachieved this season in your eyes.

The two posts you've highlighted are not related as far as I can see.  Yes, I'm disappointed. Why wouldn't I be? Disappointment isn't anger though. Completely different emotions. 

If we were firing on all cylinders with a full strength team, I would have thought we would do better and certainly I was more optimistic at the start of the season, but events change perceptions and we had been struggling to stay in touch before the lockdown - but we still had hope. Southampton have got a lot stronger, no question.

I get it, it's been awful, but I don't regard the games since the lockdown as being any kind of benchmark for the whole season. It's been rotten watching it, knowing your team only has one fully fit centre back and bringing in a player who plainly is not at his fittest, knowing some of your young players are getting mentally worn down by the huge task of trying to get back at the pack under such circumstances.  We are a club with limited resources - I've seen people are angry at that too, despite the fantastic success it brought us last year. Anger, anger, anger - and where does it get us? Nowhere.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Careful now. Smiffy will say you're spinning and riddling. Lockdown and no crowds are only significant for the games where there were no crowds due to lockdown.

Unless someone saw it coming in the previous games. You never know. I would not be over surprised if someone claimed that...

Yep looks like Smithy has it right as i really have not a clue what you have actually said there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yep looks like Smithy has it right as i really have not a clue what you have actually said there.

It’s 321 time with your host Nutty Nigel.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

The two posts you've highlighted are not related as far as I can see.  Yes, I'm disappointed. Why wouldn't I be? Disappointment isn't anger though. Completely different emotions. 

If we were firing on all cylinders with a full strength team, I would have thought we would do better and certainly I was more optimistic at the start of the season, but events change perceptions and we had been struggling to stay in touch before the lockdown - but we still had hope. Southampton have got a lot stronger, no question.

I get it, it's been awful, but I don't regard the games since the lockdown as being any kind of benchmark for the whole season. It's been rotten watching it, knowing your team only has one fully fit centre back and bringing in a player who plainly is not at his fittest, knowing some of your young players are getting mentally worn down by the huge task of trying to get back at the pack under such circumstances.  We are a club with limited resources - I've seen people are angry at that too, despite the fantastic success it brought us last year. Anger, anger, anger - and where does it get us? Nowhere.

Remember when your mum / dad / guardian / teacher would say, 'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed', and that was the worst thing they could say about something you had done wrong?

Yet according to you, to feel disappointment is fine and completely understandable, but anger / annoyance / frustration or whatever is absolutely inconceivable?

You also specifically said disappointment at 'lower than 10th place', as in if we had finished 11th or 12th you'd have been disappointed. You must be feeling so let down then at us sitting in 20th on just 21 points!

And to be clear - I've never aimed any frustration at the club's limited finances, I am solely talking about post lockdown form.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Anger solves nothing - and imo doesn't show connection to the club - if anything it shows the opposite.

I used to post on these forums years ago and it's nice to see that upon my return people are still doing the whole "I'm a better supporter than you" shtick.  I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your original post but honestly, who are you to say that people cannot be angry or that supporters who are don't have a "connection" to the club?  For the record, I'm not angry as such but if other people are, that's ok.  Has it occurred to you that anger shows a depth of feeling and passion?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I am solely talking about post lockdown form.

And that is the big contention. How much of that was the circumstances we were in with injuries and the lack of fans in those first three games including the cup game?  You would think that having three home games in a row would give us an advantage, but it didn't. It did the opposite.  This was not the end of a normal season, it was contrived, it was immensley favouring the better resourced clubs and we did not have two fully fit central defenders. We were not that bad against Everton, we were better against Watford and until Krul's mistake against Arsenal. By the West Ham game, we were desperate to do well, but there was nothing left in the tank. They gave it all and it wasn't enough and there is no disgrace in that - and that is why anger towards them imo is a bit insulting. 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And that is the big contention. How much of that was the circumstances we were in with injuries and the lack of fans in those first three games including the cup game?  You would think that having three home games in a row would give us an advantage, but it didn't. It did the opposite.  This was not the end of a normal season, it was contrived, it was immensley favouring the better resourced clubs and we did not have two fully fit central defenders. We were not that bad against Everton, we were better against Watford and until Krul's mistake against Arsenal. By the West Ham game, we were desperate to do well, but there was nothing left in the tank. They gave it all and it wasn't enough and there is no disgrace in that - and that is why anger towards them imo is a bit insulting. 

That’s just conjecture, having a crowd turn wont have helped! All teams knew what was coming and we had the perfect chance to get ourselves out of the bottom three, but we were ill prepared, unmotivated and totally the worst side post lockdown! I’m sorry but you can’t say that’s just because we didn’t have fans there!

No anger from me but stop preaching to others how they should feel, you really should consider what you post at times Lakey. We’ve scored once in 8 games conceded **** load and lost discipline, I’m not surprised some are a little miffed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s just conjecture, having a crowd turn wont have helped!

Imagine if we had been served that shower with fans in the stadium. It would have been even more toxic than the position we are in now. I agree it’s conjecture to say with fans it would have been any better. 

43 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your original post but honestly, who are you to say that people cannot be angry or that supporters who are don't have a "connection" to the club?

People get angry all the time at different things. I was on a train recently and a father was trying to stop his son in a pram in the corridor of the train from fidgeting and trying to get out of it. The father started off a little frustrated, then the longer it went on the more angry he got - and the kid was plainly really uncomfortable - it got to the point where the father started shaking the pram because he was so annoyed and I really thought he was going to hit the poor lad. What good did it do? Nothing. All it did was make it harder for the kid and any sensible connection between them was completely lost during that time. Whatever the poor kid was feeling, anger was the last thing he needed in those circumstances. Anger is usually counter productive if you want a connection.

Edited by lake district canary

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

That doesn't mean you don't have the emotion though.

I dropped a set i shouldn't have done in my tennis match today. I was both angry and annoyed..neither helped but it didn't change the fact thats how I felt.

Davis cup? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

1281846772_Screenshot(126).thumb.png.d30e77b25d3a33626d43f938ad89743e.png1858615083_Screenshot(127).thumb.png.eeef10224ea2066ac9826566bcac19b8.png1779258810_Screenshot(128).png.68539fa65038c1d625ad79b572e4b4f9.png

Perhaps that helps. 

The bit I don't understand is where you seem to claim lockdown and crowds has little significance in the games before lockdown. Or were you saying they had little significance in the games with no crowds after lockdown?

Riddle me this, riddle me that....

Edited by nutty nigel

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

1281846772_Screenshot(126).thumb.png.d30e77b25d3a33626d43f938ad89743e.png1858615083_Screenshot(127).thumb.png.eeef10224ea2066ac9826566bcac19b8.png1779258810_Screenshot(128).png.68539fa65038c1d625ad79b572e4b4f9.png

Perhaps that helps. 

The bit I don't understand is where you seem to claim lockdown and crowds has little significance in the games before lockdown. Or were you saying they had little significance in the games with no crowds after lockdown?

Riddle me this, riddle me that....

Isn’t that the same for all teams? Or are you making an excuse that our players are more effected by no crowds? Could it be we weren’t prepared, motivated or as well organised as the other 19 teams? Surely you can’t argue about a level playing field for all teams? So if you don’t have home advantage why haven’t we got a result away from home?

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Isn’t that the same for all teams? Or are you making an excuse that our players are more effected by no crowds? Could it be we weren’t prepared, motivated or as well organised as the other 19 teams? Surely you can’t argue about a level playing field for all teams? So if you don’t have home advantage why haven’t we got a result away from home?

No idea.

That wasn't the point this came from. The point this came from was this post...

So here's the thing. Home form since Christmas and prior to lockdown..

Norwich 2 -2 Spurs

Norwich 1-1 Palace

Norwich 1-0 Bournemouth

Norwich 0-1 Liverpool

Norwich 1-0 Leicester

All pretty good performances giving us great hope.

Since lockdown..

Norwich 0-3 Southampton

Norwich 0-1 Everton

Norwich 0-1 Brighton

Norwich 0-4 West Ham

Norwich 0-2 Burnley

Did anyone really see that coming?

Edited by nutty nigel

Yes I saw that but, you’re making the assumption the crowd would have made a difference, I’m sorry but Southampton were more motivated, better prepared and far better than us.....I’m not sure how the crowd would have reacted to that performance.

It’s pretty obvious that we just haven’t threatened enough never mind scored enough, don’t know, but making assumptions isn’t the fact, the fact is it’s the same for all teams and we’ve been a million miles away which isn’t just down to not having a crowd nutty! 

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

People get angry all the time at different things. I was on a train recently and a father was trying to stop his son in a pram in the corridor of the train from fidgeting and trying to get out of it. The father started off a little frustrated, then the longer it went on the more angry he got - and the kid was plainly really uncomfortable - it got to the point where the father started shaking the pram because he was so annoyed and I really thought he was going to hit the poor lad. What good did it do? Nothing. All it did was make it harder for the kid and any sensible connection between them was completely lost during that time. Whatever the poor kid was feeling, anger was the last thing he needed in those circumstances. Anger is usually counter productive if you want a connection.

I reckon Dad was getting angrier as he'd suddenly realised it wasn't a train with slam shut doors so he couldn't throw the little b*stard  through the window 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes I saw that but, you’re making the assumption the crowd would have made a difference, I’m sorry but Southampton were more motivated, better prepared and far better than us.....I’m not sure how the crowd would have reacted to that performance.

It’s pretty obvious that we just haven’t threatened enough never mind scored enough, don’t know, but making assumptions isn’t the fact, the fact is it’s the same for all teams and we’ve been a million miles away which isn’t just down to not having a crowd nutty! 

So you saw it coming then?

Saw what coming? No one saying they saw anything, all you’re doing is trying to make the excuse that the crowd had a major say in our results and that’s not the case.....if you’re applying that logic why didn’t we win away? Surely the home fans at other teams have the same impact!

The truth is we were ill prepared for the return, we certainly weren’t as motivated as we should have been and we just weren’t good enough! That’s why we’ve lost ten on the bounce! In the league We’ve lost 9 on the bounce, probably ten come Man City. I think you’re clutching at straws which isn’t like you nutty. We’re just not good enough this year, but more concerning for me is our lack of competitiveness, fitness and discipline have to be addressed in a short space of time.

We learn and move on, we’re now focused on the championship and signing some very promising younger hungry players who if they fit our team could have a massively refreshing impact.

Edited by Indy

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Saw what coming? No one saying they saw anything, all you’re doing is trying to make the excuse that the crowd had a major say in our results and that’s not the case.....if you’re applying that logic why didn’t we win away? Surely the home fans at other teams have the same impact!

The truth is we were ill prepared for the return, we certainly weren’t as motivated as we should have been and we just weren’t good enough! That’s why we’ve lost ten on the bounce! In the league We’ve lost 9 on the bounce, probably ten come Man City. I think you’re clutching at straws which isn’t like you nutty. We’re just not good enough this year, but more concerning for me is our lack of competitiveness, fitness and discipline have to be addressed in a short space of time.

We learn and move on, we’re now focused on the championship and signing some very promising younger hungry players who if they fit our team could have a massively refreshing impact.

The points behind the original posts were about the season as a whole and what we'd remember it for.

Can I suggest that everyone who is getting wound up by Lakey’s relentless positivism should block him?

Then they won’t have to read what upsets them, he won’t have to endlessly argue with them, and the rest of us will get shorter threads that have some vaguely interesting content. 

Otherwise I’ll be forced to conclude that there’s some sort of co-dependent sado-masochistic thing going on and you all actually love Lakey’s wittering. 🤨

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Can I suggest that everyone who is getting wound up by Lakey’s relentless positivism should block him?

Then they won’t have to read what upsets them, he won’t have to endlessly argue with them, and the rest of us will get shorter threads that have some vaguely interesting content. 

Otherwise I’ll be forced to conclude that there’s some sort of co-dependent sado-masochistic thing going on and you all actually love Lakey’s wittering. 🤨

Have a heart. If they block Lakey I'm next in line And I get enough already🙃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The points behind the original posts were about the season as a whole and what we'd remember it for.

Nah, I’ll stay positive, I accepted we were probably destined for relegation, Man City at home is what I’ll remember this season for. Great result, nice feeling after the game. 👍

• Like 1

Good to see the Sorenson interview. Seems the support from a full Carrow Road can also have a positive influence on signings.🙃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Good to see the Sorenson interview. Seems the support from a full Carrow Road can also have a positive influence on signings.🙃

Indeed, I like the fact that Webber and Farke have kept the new signings away from this last few weeks. I really like the young players we’ve signed last summer and through to now, Sitti, Sinani, McCullum and now Sorensen, with Idah it’s a great set of youngsters even if we lose a few of our first team youth!

The longer this thread gets today the more i think Nutty's account has been hacked by dear old Stanley Unwin. 😂😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's ok though, you hide it well

What is there to hide. This is a forum to discuss different points of view. The Pranny who started this thread has the audacity to tell everyone how to feel and a hand full of what can only be called bitches back the ** up.

Hes everything that’s wrong with the club. Zero football knowledge, attends so he reckons! 6 times a year max,

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

yet thinks he can tell people who spend thousands following their team every week how to think and feel. And worst of all actually fears ambition. Slags off every other team if anything goes their way, moans about a none existent concept called luck and frankly needs to get a life stop posting for attention and Farke off.

Edited by Hardhouse44