Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Short memories

33 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This is a forum to discuss different points of view.

You got that bit right. This is a discussion board. You are entitled to disagree with me and I'm entitled to disagree with you, except you get angry when someone comes up with something that doesn't fit with your world view. 

Some people say, yes, it's ok to be angry about this season, let people have their anger....but then people like me who don't agree that anger is appropriate given the circumstances are supposed to keep quiet. How is that right? Why should you or whoever go around shouting the odds on a forum about how terrible everything is and others are supposed to keep quiet?  If I or others disagree and explain why, why should we be shouted down?  Because I've only been to six games this season?  There's quite a few on here who don't go to any! 

I and anyone else has the right to question anyone else about their views and about what they write (as long as it is about football) and it's about time some people got used to that.  I've spent far too long today looking at this thread, with people telling me what I have written when I haven't, twisting my words to their own meanings or trying to catch me out with past postings. If that's what floats your boat fine, but it doesn't help the discussion - and neither does getting angry. 

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You got that bit right. This is a discussion board. You are entitled to disagree with me and I'm entitled to disagree with you, except you get angry when someone comes up with something that doesn't fit with your world view. 

Some people say, yes, it's ok to be angry about this season, let people have their anger....but then people like me who don't agree that anger is appropriate given the circumstances are supposed to keep quiet. How is that right? Why should you or whoever go around shouting the odds on a forum about how terrible everything is and others are supposed to keep quiet?  If I or others disagree and explain why, why should we be shouted down?  Because I've only been to six games this season?  There's quite a few on here who don't go to any! 

I and anyone else has the right to question anyone else about their views and about what they write (as long as it is about football) and it's about time some people got used to that.  I've spent far too long today looking at this thread, with people telling me what I have written when I haven't, twisting my words to their own meanings or trying to catch me out with past postings. If that's what floats your boat fine, but it doesn't help the discussion - and neither does getting angry. 

It's like listening to one of my young daughters, the grammar starts getting erratic and you can hear the volume increasing, not taking a breath, just blurting it all out.

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I often disagree with you, but on this subject you are right.

stay happy and healthy mate.