The Great Mass Debater

Why do people hate Delia so much?

An offer, to what end ?

You are still under the delusion that any sale guarantees the club a permanent seat at the PL table.... it doesn't

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is the real hamster wheel.

Have they not received a serious offer because nobody has any interest of because they don't entertain anyone long enough or on reasonable terms for it to become serious. 

We'll honestly never know. 

that's an important part of the discussion going on and on and on... Some appear to be convinced there is a mystery buyer w8ing in the wings ... other's conservatively hold on to the model that's in place and that should not be altered!

I've come to terms with the relegation , but I am still reeling about the difference between ourselves and clubs I used to know as comparable , I mean in size ... The Leicesters , the Sheffield United's , Crystal Palace, So'ton etc... and the difference is mainly money to spend... Our owners don't have it , but I don't hate them for it... Yet I hope one day someone comes in with some £££ , because otherwise what's the point of even getting promoted? I was still celebrating the promotion , when we started getting beaten week in week out , so to speak...

That's another Hamster wheel. Would we get one of the few owners who better what we currently do. Or one of the many who don't.

Do you feel lucky?

I know, that's a roulette wheel...

1 hour ago, king canary said:

But again, how can you lay out a long term strategy for something you don't own?

It is perfectly possible. In fact people involved in mergers and acquisitions do this all the time.

You asked a question about what a fan group could do. I answered, and you through up your hands because it is all too difficult. And that is why there will be no regime change. The Outers are largely a minority group, without the cash required or the expertise. Of course S&J will not listen to you because it is foolish to take guidance from idiots. Let's face S&J will stay as long as they like and there is nothing you and your ilk can do about it.

As to why people hate Delia so much. It is not people is it? It is men, largely middle aged men and disappointed at that, who have problems with women. It is basically misogyny.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

It is perfectly possible. In fact people involved in mergers and acquisitions do this all the time.

You asked a question about what a fan group could do. I answered, and you through up your hands because it is all too difficult. And that is why there will be no regime change. The Outers are largely a minority group, without the cash required or the expertise. Of course S&J will not listen to you because it is foolish to take guidance from idiots. Let's face S&J will stay as long as they like and there is nothing you and your ilk can do about it.

As to why people hate Delia so much. It is not people is it? It is men, largely middle aged men and disappointed at that, who have problems with women. It is basically misogyny.

Wild assumption with no factual basis. I can assure it is not just men who are critical of her. 

This is not an issue of gender. Just a point of the majority shareholders not investing or attracting investment, therefore what is the point of them? Others may have different issues, but it's purely a professional question of their purpose and being at NCFC. 

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

Wild assumption with no factual basis. I can assure it is not just men who are critical of her. 

This is not an issue of gender. Just a point of the majority shareholders not investing or attracting investment, therefore what is the point of them? Others may have different issues, but it's purely a professional question of their purpose and being at NCFC. 

I am not sure if you have owned, or do own, shares but by your post I would suspect the answer is in the negative to both

Firstly shareholders are not there to 'attract investment

And it is not 'investment that you are asking for but donations - something quite different

As I'm sure others could explain to you

9 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I didn't say it was too hard- I wasn't even replying to your post. I think certain parts of your post are eminently sensible, especially parts about surveying fans. 

Wouldn't trust an idiot like me to pull that off though...

Also not sure why that last part is in this post directed to me?

That's a pedantic answer as you know full well the purpose of individuals who get involved with football clubs, especially at the sharp end. It''s not like owning a few B.T shares. 

You need owners that either invest or attract investment. Delia & MJW do neither. 

How does that help the football club? It needs investment. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He got to you didn’t he, headache or just losing the will to live debating with the riddle master? 

Just got your message.

The signal is a bit patchy up here on Beachy Head 😀

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I didn't say it was too hard- I wasn't even replying to your post. I think certain parts of your post are eminently sensible, especially parts about surveying fans. 

Wouldn't trust an idiot like me to pull that off though...

Also not sure why that last part is in this post directed to me?

Last bit wasn't particularly aimed at you, it is a more generalised view of the Outers, in answer to the thread title.

Apologies for being intemperate @king canary

I had to ask my Missus what a misogynist was....she told me.....She then grabbed me by my left ear and twisted it, called me bleedin' pathetic and shoved me back into the cupboard under the stairs....and promptly locked the door.....

Anyone got any spare AA batteries for my torch?....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Just got your message.

Ran out of reactions but Thanks 🏆

Was it me sticking to the facts or you continually riddling and spinning that drove you to the edge....

Don't jump. Your buddy will make a sick joke about it🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

17 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Last bit wasn't particularly aimed at you, it is a more generalised view of the Outers, in answer to the thread title.

Apologies for being intemperate @king canary

No worries.

I do get that these circular arguments on here about ownership are frustrating and ultimately pointless but then I guess most of what people discuss on here falls under the same bracket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

An offer, to what end ?

You are still under the delusion that any sale guarantees the club a permanent seat at the PL table.... it doesn't

I don’t think anyone believes a change of ownership would guarantee us anything. But I think a fair few of us think it may offer us a better chance of staying up for a few seasons and maybe having a crack at winning something next time we get there. 

31 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Just got your message.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ran out of reactions but Thanks 🏆

Was it me sticking to the facts or you continually riddling and spinning that drove you to the edge....

Don't jump. Your buddy will make a sick joke about it🙃

Don't be modest Nutty. ' The Riddler ' sobriquet looks far more at home on your fine shoulders.

Only came for an ice cream. Besides I don't know if we're allowed back in the sea even with a mask. 🙃

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think anyone believes a change of ownership would guarantee us anything. But I think a fair few of us think it may offer us a better chance of staying up for a few seasons and maybe having a crack at winning something next time we get there. 

'a fair few' 🙄

winning something when we are there..... the title ?

yep that certainly sounds like you have taken a realistic view of things 🤪

24 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Don't be modest Nutty. ' The Riddler ' sobriquet looks far more at home on your fine shoulders.

Only came for an ice cream. Besides I don't know if we're allowed back in the sea even with a mask. 🙃

🏆 Still no reactions.

If you change your mind say hi to SpongeBob for me🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

10 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Do you need grandchildren to get down with SpongeBob or this that Chase's nickname ?

Don't be silly! Chase was Bob the builder. Big Vince was Spud.

If this message board was based on SpongeBob I reckon you'd be cast as Squidward 🙃🙃👍