The Great Mass Debater

Why do people hate Delia so much?

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

It was the interview with Gary Neville prior to the Watford home game on Sky TV this season. The Times interview with Henry Winter was earlier but the same position by the owners as in the Sky interview.

Here's the interview I was referring to. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/delia-michael-acn-pod-22/id1290718163?i=1000428487973

Now show me yours Crafty.

Edited by nutty nigel

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Here's the interview I was referring to. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/delia-michael-acn-pod-22/id1290718163?i=1000428487973

Now show me yours Crafty.

The interview happened as others on here have confirmed. Look it up yourself, I’m not your media consultant. The words came straight from the mouths of our owners broadcast nationally so there’s no wiggle room for ‘interpretation’.

6 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

We have had over 20 years of Delia surely surely it’s time for a change

Maybe ,While you are at it, the queen should be told to shove off too. No not you Freddo. The other queen , Liz. 

The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries,” she said. “Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He’s 35. He’s a very good board director. He’s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares.”

Delia Smith 2016 Times interview.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

The interview happened as others on here have confirmed. Look it up yourself, I’m not your media consultant. The words came straight from the mouths of our owners broadcast nationally so there’s no wiggle room for ‘interpretation’.

I'm glad these statements are being made on this thread. They said nothing like what you claim in that interview. It was at the very end and this was the exchange...

Neville asked "Last question, you're the owners of a football club, do you want it to continue forever? Or is there a day when you'd think phhhh we'd hand it over and pass it on to somebody else?

Delia said "No, I want to continue forever" and laughed. 

Neville asked "Keep going"?

Delia said "Keep going, yes"

Now that, is nothing like what you claimed

"Shame they said they have no intention of selling and don’t even listen to offers".

If you listen to the interview they did last season, with fans in the ACN podcast you will hear them asnswer specific questions about succession plans and selling up. Then you wouldn't have to make this stuff up.

Edited by nutty nigel

So she lied to the Times? And the statement she made was a pack of lies? I have not changed it or altered it at all....

Facts are, she owns the club so therefore can do what she wants. She wants Tom to have it and is not interested in selling.

You either like that or you do not.

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Spin it as you wish they said it in the press and on TV. That’s why it’s all going to nephew Tom.

I posted what was actually said. You posted what wasn't said. And I'm spinning...

Why are you ignoring her words from the Times? It's as Crafty says.... It's in her own words. She does not listen to enquiries and does not want to sell. No arguments! It's going to Tom.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Why are you ignoring her words from the Times? It's as Crafty says.... It's in her own words. She does not listen to enquiries and does not want to sell. No arguments! It's going to Tom.

Sorry I'm not ignoring you Kenny. 

I think the times interview was was made in 2016. The interview I posted is not a transcript. Like the one Crafty fibbed about, you can hear them answer questions. From fans. In 2019.

I've read the Times interview. Have you listened to them on ACN?

Mea culpa, I have listened to the TV interview again and indeed she and MWJ only state they will continue for ever. Tilly was right in that it was the Henry Winter interview in the Times where they stated they would never sell and don’t even listen to offers.

So the bottom line is that they would not put the interests of the club first if a suitable offer was forthcoming. Naturally they would deem any offer to be not in the interests of the club hence it all paasing to Tom. As majority shareholders that is their right but in the best interest of the club? 

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Mea culpa, I have listened to the TV interview again and indeed she and MWJ only state they will continue for ever. Tilly was right in that it was the Henry Winter interview in the Times where they stated they would never sell and don’t even listen to offers.

So the bottom line is that they would not put the interests of the club first if a suitable offer was forthcoming. Naturally they would deem any offer to be not in the interests of the club hence it all paasing to Tom. As majority shareholders that is their right but in the best interest of the club? 

Yes crafty. But have you listened to the podcast with the fans last year? 

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sorry I'm not ignoring you Kenny. 

I think the times interview was was made in 2016. The interview I posted is not a transcript. Like the one Crafty fibbed about, you can hear them answer questions. From fans. In 2019.

I've read the Times interview. Have you listened to them on ACN?

Ah fair enough... Not heard the ACN interview

It makes absolutely no odds what’s been said and when, bottom line is they are the majority share holders, they have bought Tom in and he will be handed the club.

Jump up and down complaining or stand by them and support them makes no difference, there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

So accept it, we’ve gone down and the club has a way forward. Fingers crossed Webber and Farke can work their magic next year.

The owners are here and will no doubt have the say from beyond the grave in another 20 years time!

Edited by Indy

Well if it makes no difference what's said then that's that.

I expect another thread will return shortly. Where it doesn't matter if what's said is true or not. Because it makes no difference anyway. 

Now could you lock up Indy🙃

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Op it makes absolutely no odds what’s been said and when, bottom line is they are the majority share holders, they have bought Tom in and he will be handed the club.

Jump up and down complaining or stand by them and support them makes no difference, there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

So accept it, we’ve gone down and the club has a way forward. Fingers crossed Webber and Farke can work their magic next year.

The owners are here and will no doubt have the say from beyond the grave in another 20 years time!

It’s that attitude that stinks. Of course something CAN be done, it’s just nobody will actually step up and front a group to try and bring it about. Whether that be by directly raising funds, purchasing a shareholding or highlighting the passion for change and attracting one of the many investors that Delia has turned away. Get one of those on board and fed out into the public domain and surely the whole thing will snowball. Unless they don’t Really believe that these investors exist and they’ve just made stuff up..

And these people reckon that Delia and MWJ have no ambition..🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Well if it makes no difference what's said then that's that.

I expect another thread will return shortly. Where it doesn't matter if what's said is true or not. Because it makes no difference anyway. 

Now could you lock up Indy🙃

If Delia hands over to Tom I doubt he will have the same ability to "convince" people of a plan....

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If Delia hands over to Tom I doubt he will have the same ability to "convince" people of a plan....

I bet you still didn't listen to what they actually said.🙃

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sounds like it's more a case of When rather than if, Kennyo.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It’s that attitude that stinks. Of course something CAN be done, it’s just nobody will actually step up and front a group to try and bring it about. Whether that be by directly raising funds, purchasing a shareholding or highlighting the passion for change and attracting one of the many investors that Delia has turned away. Get one of those on board and fed out into the public domain and surely the whole thing will snowball. Unless they don’t Really believe that these investors exist and they’ve just made stuff up..

And these people reckon that Delia and MWJ have no ambition..🤷‍♂️

No it won’t, gone are the days of protesting to get the change. No point raising funds when the majority is held by those not wanting to release....no matter if it’s a football club or any business! If you ring fence your company by majority shareholding which in their own words was something they said should never happen, you’ve got full control.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

No it won’t, gone are the days of protesting to get the change. No point raising funds when the majority is held by those not wanting to release....no matter if it’s a football club or any business! If you ring fence your company by majority shareholding which in their own words was something they said should never happen, you’ve got full control.

This is ridiculous. Where is this “not wanting to release” nonsense coming from? You’ve literally no idea. Furthermore, if a movement such as this gained serious traction had a credible investment source and sensible business people at its forefront, I’m positive they’d give any proposal serious consideration. Firstly for the club, secondly because a point blank refusal would cause ill-feeling and thirdly because they’re astute enough to know that they’re not immortal. 

As for their shareholding, it’s a bit late to be bleating about it now. If people had felt that strongly about it at the time it was simple enough to prevent. 

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

That Smith and Jones have a majority holding does not make it impossible for a takeover to succeed even if they initially reject the bid.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That Smith and Jones have a majority holding does not make it impossible for a takeover to succeed even if they initially reject the bid.

We can only hope you are correct. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What words Indy?

Very start of their tenure, Nutty, you very well know. 

But I don’t give too hoots, like I said they’ve got the club in their hands and they will do with it what they deem fit, if they choose to hand it down to Tom with full control no one can do nothing about it.

I’ve made my peace with it but others still get all upset with them for relegation, it’s not their fault, we knew what tools we had, we knew our financial limitation and we gave it our best but we weren’t good enough.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This is ridiculous. Where is this “not wanting to release” nonsense coming from? You’ve literally no idea. Furthermore, if a movement such as this gained serious traction had a credible investment source and sensible business people at its forefront, I’m positive they’d give any proposal serious consideration. Firstly for the club, secondly because a point blank refusal would cause ill-feeling and thirdly because they’re astute enough to know that they’re not immortal. 

As for their shareholding, it’s a bit late to be bleating about it now. If people had felt that strongly about it at the time it was simple enough to prevent. 

You don’t know that, you’re making assumptions on their behalf! The only fact is they own the club and can do as they please, the rest is just you standing your opinion against those who want a change!