The Great Mass Debater

Why do people hate Delia so much?

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That Smith and Jones have a majority holding does not make it impossible for a takeover to succeed even if they initially reject the bid.

Yes it does Purple, how would you get control of a club without majority share holding?

How would you propose you canĀ gain control without majority shares being available?

Edited by Indy

Hey, I couldnā€™t give too hoots, but to say that anyone can force a change is just not right! Itā€™s up-to the majority shareholding to agree, so they have the last say.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We can only hope you are correct.Ā 

Youā€™re not doubting that I am right, surely?šŸ˜Ā AsĀ Duncan indicates, it would need to be the right offer, withĀ every aspect thoroughly checked, and I am talking about a far more rigorous process than the laughable fit and proper person test, but if it stood up not only would S&J not be able to stand in the way, I doubt they would want to.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes it does Purple, how would you get control of a club without majority share holding?

How would you propose you canĀ gain control without majority shares being available?

No, it does not make it impossible.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

No, it does not make it impossible.

Really so if the majority share holders didnā€™t sell how would you take control Purple?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Very start of their tenure, Nutty, you very well know.Ā 
Ā 

But I donā€™t give too hoots, like I said theyā€™ve got the club in their hands and they will do with it what they deem fit, if they choose to hand it down to Tom with full control no one can do nothing about it.

Iā€™ve made my peace with it but others still get all upset with them for relegation, itā€™s not their fault, we knew what tools we had, we knew our financial limitation and we gave it our best but we werenā€™t good enough.

Well I don't very well know Indy.

Geoffrey Watling said something about that and the shares were available to buy in packages. After 18 months he sold them to Smith and Jones. The rest of their shareholding also came about through unwanted shares in the issues they'd underwritten.

The only thing I remember D&M saying was about Chase being the "all singing all dancing owner" and they would put a team in place to run the club.

Chase didn't have anywhere near the majorityĀ  shareholding but ruled over everything.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

You donā€™tĀ know that,Ā youā€™re making assumptions on their behalf! The only fact is they own the club and can do as they please, the rest is just you standing your opinion against those who want a change!

Where is my stand against people wanting change? Iā€™m the one saying that itā€™s possible!Ā 
Ā 

It is far easier to sit behind a keyboard and whinge that it canā€™t be done and claim theyā€™re holding the club back.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Where is my stand against people wanting change? Iā€™m the one saying that itā€™s possible!Ā 
Ā 

It is far easier to sit behind a keyboard and whinge that it canā€™t be done and claim theyā€™re holding the club back.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Nope Iā€™ve not said I want a change, Iā€™ve stated I donā€™t care as the only fact is they are majority share holders and have the final say. You can sit behind your keyboard and try to say itā€™s not so by making assumptions if the right offer came they might sell, but then again they might not, they donā€™t need the money and they might decide Norwich City is better in Toms hands as they have him on the board.Ā 
Ā 

The rest is just discussing views!

For what itā€™s worth I am very happy with the set up, I love Webber Farke combination with focus of doing it in a sensible budget with youngsters.

I donā€™t hate delia, I donā€™t hate anyone, Iā€™m not bothered if we change owners or not, it has zero direct impact on me....

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So she said it twice then ? Over to you Nutty.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Youā€™ll get 4 questions back and no answer.Ā 

šŸŽ¶ Roll up, roll up........for the magical mystery tour šŸŽ¶

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really so if the majority share holders didnā€™t sell how would you take control Purple?

Because they would sell. If the right person came along with the right plan and everyone with even the remotest connection to the club was convinced by it, then the tide of public opinion in favour would be so strong S&J would not be able to resist. It would be them against in effect a whole county, and they would not be able to stand against that.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Because they would sell. If the right person came along with the right plan and everyone with even the remotest connection to the club was convinced by it, then the tide of public opinion in favour would be so strong S&J would not be able to resist. It would be them against in effect a whole county, and they would not be able to stand against that.

So the hard fact is no then if they didnā€™t want to sell but hand it to Tom thatā€™s there prerogative! So like I said all the way through fact is the majority share holders could dig the feet in and say no! Iā€™ll leave it there as everything else is just supposition by either side!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

So the hard fact is no then if they didnā€™t want to sell but hand it to Tom thatā€™s there prerogative! So like I said all the way through fact is the majority share holders could dig the feet in and say no! Iā€™ll leave it there as everything else is just supposition by either side!

Indy, my judgment, based on a certain amount of experience,Ā is that under the circumstancesĀ Ā I have outlined nowĀ (and several times before) S&J would simply not be able to resist the pressure, and they would accept the takeover offer. In theory they would not have to cave in but in practice they would, although, as said before, if the offer was that good I donā€™t believe they would want to stand in its way anyway.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

But Indy, they WOULD sell! Do you think theyā€™d dig in and take the relentless grief that would come their way, poisoning the very chalice that you surmise theyā€™re desperate to pass to Tom? Do you think Tom would then want it? It doesnā€™t make any sense.Ā 

I do remember way back in the day Delia saying that she and MWJ would not become majority shareholders because it all went wrong with Chase and they didn't want it to happen again under their watch.

They then became majority shareholders.....šŸ¤Ø

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indy, my judgment, based on a certain amount of experience,Ā is that under the circumstancesĀ Ā I have outlined nowĀ (and several times before) S&J would simply not be able to resist the pressure, and they would accept the takeover offer. In theory they would not have to cave in but in practice they would, although, as said before, if the offer was that good I donā€™t believe they would want to stand in its way anyway.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ so your judgement or opinion is a view you made, so if someone elseĀ say has a judgementĀ based on the press statement of 2016, the majority share holders say they wonā€™t even entertain an offer, that they wonā€™t sell why are they wrong to think that base on your statementšŸ‘šŸ»

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

But Indy, they WOULD sell! Do you think theyā€™d dig in and take the relentless grief that would come their way, poisoning the very chalice that you surmise theyā€™re desperate to pass to Tom? Do you think Tom would then want it? It doesnā€™t make any sense.Ā 

Again your making an assumption, not fact! We donā€™t know their inner psyche! Iā€™m just stating it as is.......šŸ‘

Just now, Indy said:

Again your making an assumption, not fact! We donā€™t know their inner psyche! Iā€™m just stating it as is.......šŸ‘

So you believe, in the face of inevitable press intrusion, fan group pressure, demonstrations, potential boycotts and a whole lot of nastiness that two pensioners would refuse to sell purely so they could pass on that living nightmare to their nephew? That is your genuine assessment of how the series of events would play out?Ā 

You must really think they hate Tom.Ā 

šŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

I donā€™t claim to know what they think or hate, Iā€™m stating fact, youā€™re all very quick to tell the other side to do something about it, purple Ā and you said about buying into the club, but the hard truth is they own the club and can pretty much run it into the ground as Evans has if they see fit!

Iā€™m really not carrying on as Iā€™ve pointed out itā€™s all opinions.......debate but change will only come when the jority share holders say it will, no one else can make that change!

21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I do remember way back in the day Delia saying that she and MWJ would not become majority shareholders because it all went wrong with Chase and they didn't want it to happen again under their watch.

They then became majority shareholders.....šŸ¤Ø

Funny memory Smiffy

Chase was no where near being a majority shareholder.

Edited by nutty nigel

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Funny memory Smiffy

Chase was no where near being a majority shareholder.

Well whatever the semantics of the whole thingĀ Delia and MWJ definitely said they did notĀ want to become majority shareholders andĀ ended up being majority shareholders.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Indy said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ so your judgement or opinion is a view you made, so if someone elseĀ say has a judgementĀ based on the press statement of 2016, the majority share holders say they wonā€™t even entertain an offer, that they wonā€™t sell why are they wrong to think that base on your statementšŸ‘šŸ»

Irrespective of what they have said, it is my judgment that under the.circumstancesĀ I have outlined they simply would not be able to resist the pressure to sell. With Cullumgate, Cullum was able to win the support of a goodĀ number of fans despite his takeover plan being rubbish and himĀ committing pretty much every PRĀ mistake in the book.Ā 

Imagine then justĀ howĀ great the support would beĀ from fans if someone produced a viable and fully-costed plan, and sold it to the public in all the ways Cullum did not. I have never said it would be easy to get S&J to change their minds, but I stand by my view that it would be possible. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.Ā 

18 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well whatever the semantics of the whole thingĀ Delia and MWJ definitely said they did notĀ want to become majority shareholders andĀ ended up being majority shareholders.

Ā 

Not sure about semantics but the quote I remember concerned Chase and his method of running the club.Ā 

Yours must be a different one where they compared the possibilities of Chase not being anywhere near a majority shareholder with a remote possibility that they could someday become majority shareholders depending on uptake of later share issues which haven't even been dreamt up yetšŸ™ƒ

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Here's the interview I was referring to.Ā 

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/delia-michael-acn-pod-22/id1290718163?i=1000428487973

Now show me yours Crafty.

The Times interview was 100% a window into their thinking. As was Wynne Jones banging on about foreign ownership etc. They may have softened their language at fan events subsequently to drop in lines such as ā€œopen to investmentā€ but they only ever say that not open to selling abd itā€™s only because they know their true thinking wasĀ exposed by the Times interview.Ā 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I don't very well know Indy.

Geoffrey Watling said something about that and the shares were available to buy in packages. After 18 months he sold them to Smith and Jones. The rest of their shareholding also came about through unwanted shares in the issues they'd underwritten.

The only thing I remember D&M saying was about Chase being the "all singing all dancing owner" and they would put a team in place to run the club.

Chase didn't have anywhere near the majorityĀ  shareholding but ruled over everything.Ā 

They also said no one person should ever own a controlling stake again. I suppose technically they are two people but......

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They also said no one person should ever own a controlling stake again. I suppose technically they are two people but......

No they didn't.

Chase never had anything like a controlling stake. He only had just over 30% of the shares. When Watling sold those and his own to D&M it still only amounted to 42%.Ā They wereĀ referring to the controlling way he ran the club. The phrase Delia used was "all singing all dancing".

As for your comment that D&M lieĀ to the fans all I can say is it's on the right thread.

Do you look deep into your soul when you accuse other people of such dishonesty?

Ā 

Ā 

image.gif

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure about semantics but the quote I remember concerned Chase and his method of running the club.Ā 

Yours must be a different one where they compared the possibilities of Chase not being anywhere near a majority shareholder with a remote possibility that they could someday become majority shareholders depending on uptake of later share issues which haven't even been dreamt up yetšŸ™ƒ

They became majority shareholders after saying they didnā€™t think it was a Ā healthy thing but itā€™s farĀ too late for another mad hatters tea party tonightĀ Nutty.

Sweet dreams.....šŸ™ƒ

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

They became majority shareholders after saying they didnā€™t think it was a Ā healthy thing but itā€™s farĀ too late for another mad hatters tea party tonightĀ Nutty.

Sweet dreams.....šŸ™ƒ

No reactions left but...

ThanksšŸ†

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Duncan is busy tonight, slightly worried maybe?Ā 

I have been in a corner shaking like a ****ting dog.Ā 
Ā 

Thanks for caring though. šŸ˜˜