Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Season over

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Like for me, well I'd let it be known. If I had the money and was turned away I'd shout from the rooftops. But there are some shrinking violets who'd just scurry off with their tails between their legs.

Fernandez...

That was a bullet dodged. Talk about a club not progressing....

But those that were pining for more of somebody else's money now are the same that were pining for it then and they'd have ushered him through the door so quick his feet wouldn't have touched the floor before he was sat in the Directors Box. 

The Turners were brought on board with the idea that their considerable (paper) wealth could push the club on, once they'd done a bit of digging and seen the numbers involved they were outta there and have never been back since. 

And while there are only a few that truly know if there has been serious interest, all the evidence points to there not being. If somebody was serious and got rebuffed, the first thing they'd do IMMEDIATELY is go to the local press. Create tension, division, garner support, weaken the position of Smith&Wynn Jones; get some momentum behind you. 

It is unfathomable to think that someone that has acquired the kind of wealth we're talking about would be some repressed wallflower that would meekly accept it and skulk away into the shadows. If they've acquired that kind of wealth they will be almost certainly ruthless to the point of cruelty and quite probably corrupt as ****. 

They also won't wait for a For Sale board to go up if they want something. Absolutely moronic to think that they would; they'd just make an offer that the shareholders couldn't refuse. I doubt that ANYONE is that desperate to own Norwich City though. 

If (as has been predicted every time we've taken a backwards step) we're now in terminal decline then there'll come a point where we're in such a dire position that we'd become an attractive proposition for an Evans type to come in? Something to look forward to; you can even see how that goes in real time by glancing South. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Credit to the lads for a better performance tonight (not that the bar was set high after Southampton and Everton) but the same old problems, can’t defend and toothless up front. Season is now effectively over, another season that promised so much when we got promoted but was effectively undone by a lack of investment (regardless of why that was) and a lack of depth in a squad ravaged by injuries. I think we’ve reached the limit of what we can achieve under this ownership, some people will be happy with that, some will see the opportunity for the club so be so much more.

I agree wholeheartedly! My opinions mirror yours but whilst supporters of our ilk remain the minority, nothing will ever change!

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Show me the money and I’ll show you the ambition

Nobody

Wants

To

Buy

Us

get that in your head lad

How

do 

you

know

?

1 minute ago, JF said:

Factual isn’t pedantic...

People with loads of money who want to buy football clubs aren’t checking the small ads to see if its “up for sale”

is that simple enough for you?

You are aware of the “I buy it” sketch from Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse?

4 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

How

do 

you

know

?

Because nobody with sufficient funds has expressed an interest. If anybody had we would know immediately. The club leaks info like a sieve.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

People with loads of money who want to buy football clubs aren’t checking the small ads to see if its “up for sale”

is that simple enough for you?

You are aware of the “I buy it” sketch from Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse?

And yet most purchases of clubs happen exactly that way, clubs actively looking for it 

Edited by JF

Just now, JF said:

And yet most purchases of clubs happen exactly that way, clubs actively looking for it 

Yeah, because they are financially ruined, which we aren’t.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Everything’s for sale, you don’t have to put the club on Rightmove, genius.

Of course you do......idiot !

any large business has to be put up for sale and aggressively marketed to look for potential buyers in the right circles!  We’re not talking about selling a corner shop!
As has been stated in this and many other posts by us ‘anti Delia mob’ it’s clear based on comments made by the owners in the public domain, that they are not interested in selling the club, ergo they haven’t engaged intermediaries, who will pitch the club to potential buyers!

Investors looking to buy football clubs, do not walk door to door!

Just now, Cliff the Canary said:

Of course you do......idiot !

any large business has to be put up for sale and aggressively marketed to look for potential buyers in the right circles!  We’re not talking about selling a corner shop!
As has been stated in this and many other posts by us ‘anti Delia mob’ it’s clear based on comments made by the owners in the public domain, that they are not interested in selling the club, ergo they haven’t engaged intermediaries, who will pitch the club to potential buyers!

Investors looking to buy football clubs, do not walk door to door!

Didnt McNally do that

And found nothing 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Yeah, because they are financially ruined, which we aren’t.

Nope. Again in most cases it’s a club who’s owners have taken them as far as they can moving the club on to people with deeper pockets 

Just now, JF said:

Nope. Again in most cases it’s a club who’s owners have taken them as far as they can moving the club on to people with deeper pockets 

I think people looking to invest in a football club would maybe try... the premier league. We are one of just 20 clubs in it. It’s not like nobody knows we exist. People are not queuing up and it’s certainly no mystery to me. We aren’t an attractive opportunity.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I think people looking to invest in a football club would maybe try... the premier league. We are one of just 20 clubs in it. It’s not like nobody knows we exist. People are not queuing up and it’s certainly no mystery to me. We aren’t an attractive opportunity.

Really? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852323

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Taken them as far as they can is a euphemism for ' Im not throwing any more money at this '.

Deeper pockets is a euphemism as well, for ' more money and a   bigger ego than the last fella'.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Really what? It’s a totally different situation. Do you think international criminals and tax thieves are queuing round the corner to buy the club thwarted in their tracks only by an elderly TV cook? Ooh that pesky Delias done it again.

Wolves were a championship team when they were purchased, as were Leicester so your point about potential buyers only wanting to buy a PL team isn’t the case 

Just now, JF said:

Wolves were a championship team when they were purchased, as were Leicester so your point about potential buyers only wanting to buy a PL team isn’t the case 

We were in the championship last year mate

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

We were in the championship last year mate

I know. Those clubs were actively looking though. We are not 

Just now, JF said:

I know. Those clubs were actively looking though. We are not 

We looked for years and found nothing. We looked as a league one club, as a championship club and a premier league club. All we found was Tony Fernandez. We aren’t an attractive business opportunity that’s the bottom line. I’m up for investment, but it’s just not going to happen right now.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We looked for years and found nothing. We looked as a league one club, as a championship club and a premier league club. All we found was Tony Fernandez. We aren’t an attractive business opportunity that’s the bottom line. I’m up for investment, but it’s just not going to happen right now.

Kind of hard to find it when you categorically rule out foreign owners though! I’m at the point where I really don’t care anymore either way, it is what it is. Having said that I’ve got no enthusiasm for another attempt at the PL under these owners. This season has again shown that it is a step too far. Unfortunately the reality is that it’s the money league and we can’t compete there 

Edited by JF

Just now, JF said:

Kind of hard to find it when you categorically rule out foreign owners though! I’m at the point where I really don’t care anymore either way, it is what it is. Having said that I’ve got no enthusiasm for another attempt at the PL under these owners. This season has again showed that it is a step too far. Unfortunately the reality is that it’s the money league and we can’t compete there 

Uhhh even if we had richer owners we wouldn’t compete

we’d at best “exist” in the league

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Uhhh even if we had richer owners we wouldn’t compete

we’d at best “exist” in the league

Existing is competing at that level. Mind numbing and boring but for 90% of the league that’s the case. The best part of being a PL club is the season you get promoted to it. Last season was amazing, this season has been largely awful 

9 minutes ago, JF said:

. The best part of being a PL club is the season you get promoted to it. 

And we've done that loads of times. More than any other club possibly! Twice as champions. Once runners up. Once via the play offs. How will we do it next year!? 

30 minutes ago, JF said:

So you lot have been banging the same drum since 2009. You're right, most owners do actively look for people to take over. Most don't care who they are or what the future may hold. Right now you can say Wolves and Leicester but there are dozens of others that haven't gone nearly so well. To put it into perspective Wolves were promoted to the PL when you lot started banging this drum. They have since been in champs, league one and champs again before returning to the PL.

Despite all the success we've had you've never stopped banging the drum for new owners. Just say we'd have got new owners during those years. Would it be more likely they would be the wolves or Leicester owners? Or the dozens of less successful ones you never talk about. Or stop talking about as they fall from grace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

And we've done that loads of times. More than any other club possibly! Twice as champions. Once runners up. Once via the play offs. How will we do it next year!? 

Who knows, probably in the most boring season on record if it’s behind closed doors, if the games bcd this season are anything to go by! 

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry mate, but that's absolute nonsense. Have you ever refereed a game before?

Moss saw the foul by Godfrey, on a player facing away from goal, then waited a second to see how play would evolve. He saw a United striker peeling away for a clear run on goal, then Klose dragged him down - possibly thinking that the first foul would be given.

The referee did everything correctly to give the advantage to the attacking team, which is what he should do. It was an excellent piece of refereeing.

Yes my friend probably more than you (as an ex referee and linesman) and it’s not nonsense at all. You state it yourself, Moss SAW the foul by Godfrey, and chose not to give it! Why was that, nothing to do with advantage at all, it was a foul from behind, and Godfrey took the man. Would there have been a red card had it been the other end. I very much doubt it! Moss is well known for decisions benefitting the big boy club syndrome. 

10 hours ago, JF said:

Existing is competing at that level. Mind numbing and boring but for 90% of the league that’s the case. The best part of being a PL club is the season you get promoted to it. Last season was amazing, this season has been largely awful 

Fans get frustrated

‘”X” out!’

club gets relegated

ala Swansea 

To be fair, I said ‘someone like Gary Cahill’ not actually Gary Cahill. There would have been others available, he’s just the one that immediately came to mind.

Besides, how does anyone know what he earns? How does anyone know that he wouldn’t be willing to take a significant pay cut to be the main man and see out his his career here (like Huckerby)? How does anyone know that he wouldn’t have bought into the project and wanted to be a big part of it? Palace are hardly a great club are they. I forgot that many people on this board know everything though.

In order to stay up, the wage structure would need to be broken, that’s just progression. 

Edited by Clint

10 hours ago, JF said:

Kind of hard to find it when you categorically rule out foreign owners though! I’m at the point where I really don’t care anymore either way, it is what it is. Having said that I’ve got no enthusiasm for another attempt at the PL under these owners. This season has again shown that it is a step too far. Unfortunately the reality is that it’s the money league and we can’t compete there 

Look at Burnley. The collective experience of a stable management enabled them to go down and return and do well, despite relative lack of resources. A stable club and a stable management (if we can keep Farke for a few more years) and the prospect of returning and doing better is much more likely. 

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Yes my friend probably more than you (as an ex referee and linesman) and it’s not nonsense at all. You state it yourself, Moss SAW the foul by Godfrey, and chose not to give it! Why was that, nothing to do with advantage at all, it was a foul from behind, and Godfrey took the man. Would there have been a red card had it been the other end. I very much doubt it! Moss is well known for decisions benefitting the big boy club syndrome. 

Well let's say we're both experienced referees then, and our opinions differ. That's fair enough.

I've just watched it again, though, and the time between the two incidents is less than a second. From Godfrey's foul, the ball spins directly through into Ighalo's path, and Klose has both his arms around him.

Can you imagine if Klose hadn't held on to him, then Moss blows for Godfrey's foul just as Ighalo runs through and slots it into the net? When I was refereeing we were always told to wait a second or two to see how the play evolves before using the whistle.

If you watch it again at full speed, the time between the two incidents is so small, he quickly realises there is a greater advantage to the attacking team by giving the second foul. And even though the attacking team happened to be Norwich's opponents, with my 'referee head' on I still believe it was an excellent piece of refereeing.