Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Shouldn’t make any difference to us as Moy regularly tells us we produce more than enough for ourselves and the EU don’t produce any.

On a more serious note if they do stop this could create serious problems being a huge producer. They say ( I have no reason to suspect it’s not true ) they have exported 41 million doses, that’s around 10% of the total doses given so far around the world. 

The EU are in a mess and deserve it.   

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1411098/EU-vaccine-latest-crisis-Johnson-and-Johnson-vaccine-contract-EU-shortage-US-export-ban

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Oh jolly good Paul. Lets hope thousands, even millions, die because their leaders have made a mess of it.

Your revulsion is revolting.

They are dying and it is the EU's fault in the main.  Around 2,000 die every day in the EU due to covid and the EU puts a halt to vaccinations because of a few blood clots which have nothing to do with AZ.   They are culpable indeed...

Edited by paul moy

Just now, paul moy said:

They are dying and it is the EU's fault in the main. 

Are you human? We have lost almost 126000. And thousands of those are our Governments fault.

But the human beings amongst us aren't rejoicing because ours failed its people as well.

Yes, their leaders are running around like blue areses. But they aren't deliberately doing it. Its incompetence not murder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

America banned exports to everybody as I keep telling you. All very predictable as as stated no country other than India in the rich nations give a stuff. The US have just done what the EU are proposing doing yet you support the US in their actions as they are doing it to the EU, yet slate the EU.
I would be very interested to know your views on this if we were a big manufacturer and not vaccinating quickly as a citizen would you be objecting to vaccine being exported.

By the way I don’t support either view as I think the whole world should work together and there is vaccine all over the world that may never be used.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are you human? We have lost almost 126000. And thousands of those are our Governments fault.

But the human beings amongst us aren't rejoicing because ours failed its people as well.

Yes, their leaders are running around like blue areses. But they aren't deliberately doing it. Its incompetence not murder.

Our government are now saving hundreds if not thousands a day now due to their investment in vaccines last year. 

Just now, paul moy said:

Our government are now saving hundreds if not thousands a day now due to their investment in vaccines last year. 

Yes and well done to them for that.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

America banned exports to everybody as I keep telling you. All very predictable as as stated no country other than India in the rich nations give a stuff. The US have just done what the EU are proposing doing yet you support the US in their actions as they are doing it to the EU, yet slate the EU.
I would be very interested to know your views on this if we were a big manufacturer and not vaccinating quickly as a citizen would you be objecting to vaccine being exported.

By the way I don’t support either view as I think the whole world should work together and there is vaccine all over the world that may never be used.

The EU working with the rest of the world ?    🤣      Best joke I've heard today !!  🤗

Just now, paul moy said:

The EU working with the rest of the world ?    🤣      Best joke I've heard today !!  🤗

You do know that Germany are ahead of us in the world rankings you are fond of quoting. 

So what makes them better than us?

Probably because there is no-one like you in Germany?

10 minutes ago, paul moy said:

They are dying and it is the EU's fault in the main.  Around 2,000 die every day in the EU due to covid and the EU puts a halt to vaccinations because of a few blood clots which have nothing to do with AZ.   They are culpable indeed...

Although for moral reasons I completely disagree with the banning of exports, are they not actually saving their citizens lives at the expense of other countries ?

You told us the EU manufacture very little vaccine and we manufacture shed loads, so why should it matter, or was it that you lied ?.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

You do know that Germany are ahead of us in the world rankings you are fond of quoting. 

So what makes them better than us?

Probably because there is no-one like you in Germany?

I don't think so but do you have a link ?

Although for moral reasons I completely disagree with the banning of exports, are they not actually saving their citizens lives at the expense of other countries ?

You told us the EU manufacture very little vaccine and we manufacture shed loads, so why should it matter, or was it that you lied ?.

You really need to grow up and debate like an adult.  Abuse is all you know....

4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

They exported 41 million doses to date, how many did the U.K. export. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

You don't think what?

I do not believe you when you say that Germany have invested more so you need to back it up with a link. 

They exported 41 million doses to date, how many did the U.K. export. 

Dunno.... show me a link

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

You really need to grow up and debate like an adult.  Abuse is all you know....

Wow facts are now insults.

11 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Dunno.... show me a link

As this is widely shown how many links would you like ?. Where do you think our Pfizer comes from the magic Pfizer tree ?

Also why are you bothered about the EU exporting if they don’t export any vaccine

Edited by Well b back
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paul moy said:

You child

Anyway I asked a very civilised question, why do you support the US action to stop exports to the EU whilst objecting to the EU stopping exporting ?

As I said I object to both yet you seem to approve of the US doing it.

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As this is widely shown how many links would you like ?. Where do you think our Pfizer comes from the magic Pfizer tree ?

Also why are you bothered about the EU exporting if they don’t export any vaccine

Bearing in mind that this is Paul you are speaking to, it is entirely possible that is what he thinks.

It's certainly every bit as likely as many of the other things he apparently believes, or at least pretends to believe - very hard to know with Paul whether his extreme stupidity is real or just his own peculiar way of trying to wind people up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Presumably this means they will potentially by decree be breaking contractual agreements ? Also possibly waiving intellectual property rights as the Times reports?

Yep, but like I said nobody gives a stuff. Rightly or wrongly they will say their AZ contracts were broken, and consequently there are 100 million ( estimated ) AZ doses in American fridges that it seems will never be used as they may not ever even approve it. There are also huge AZ plants in The US able to produce huge quantities, not even be used. Lots more pressure should have been put on the US but nobody dares to pick a fight with them. Hopefully those doses will get to Covax and let’s hope they are not dumped.

Please don’t think for one second I approve of any export ban, I just think it was sadly predictable and feared by Sarah Gilbert  that all this would happen. That’s why their vaccine is at cost, but the cynical side of me feels Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson are out to undermine it as are Russia.

Its now each rich country to their own, I just think it’s so sad.

I should have added, India ( the world’s vaccine manufacturer ) have offered to manufacture Pfizer and Moderna but neither will allow them a license. 
Says it all really.