king canary

New Labour Leader

37 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

There's no one to vote for. The politics in this country are a joke. 

Bring back Guy Fawkes! He might get it right the 2nd time around 

I sadly have to agree as it stands, but I guess once Johnson is gone I will reconsider that opinion. 
I think even the 1% to NHS is a stitch up to gain votes. There will be an announcement that it has been reconsidered and blah blah blah and then claim credit for the increase / bonus they receive, when that was what they were going to give anyway.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

I sadly have to agree as it stands, but I guess once Johnson is gone I will reconsider that opinion. 
I think even the 1% to NHS is a stitch up to gain votes. There will be an announcement that it has been reconsidered and blah blah blah and then claim credit for the increase / bonus they receive, when that was what they were going to give anyway.

That sounds like a rather cynical view..............................................and therefore almost certainly the correct view 😀

Edited by Creative Midfielder

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

That sounds like a rather cynical view..............................................and therefore almost certainly the correct view 😀

Lol

As I have said many times before I have voted Tory all my life, including in the last election. I like many others then realised that Johnson just disguises fact. I find him a clown ( as do my family and friends ) and if he is still in charge ( or Gove etc ) I just couldn’t vote for him as how I was brought up misleading is no different to lying. 
I probably don’t help the polls, would I vote Tory yes, would I vote Tory with Johnson and any of his mates in charge, no way. Is there an alternative, at this second in time afraid not.

Blimey! Even Labour voting loons don't like Sir Wan Kier:

😀

Edited by Jools

30 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He politely gave the man his glasses that had fallen off, and was honest enough not to go running off and hide in the nearest fridge.

Seriously, if Sir Kneelalot can't win over a wet lefty landlord of a wine bar in Bath he's in real trouble.

And you wouldn't have seen his @rse for dust minus his Lefty thugs, one of whom actually assaulted the landlord.

3 hours ago, Jools said:

😀

No we don't. And we are honest to admit it.

Of course there is one Labour Party.

Unlike your thieving toe rag with his UKIP/Brexit/Reform siht. 

You have got more front than Yarmouth.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not unlike Jools and Guido to put out the edited highlights. Even the pub's co-owner has disowned the comments of the lockdown sceptic.

"Mr Humphris claimed the country had “f***ed its economy because old people are dying” and said Sir Keir Starmer had failed as opposition leader."

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/keir-starmer-bath-the-raven-5317671

Funny that Jools chosen profession is keeping old people warm while he rips them off.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Funny that Jools chosen profession is keeping old people warm while he rips them off.

And, of course, he rips off the UK tax-payer too to make up the staff's poverty pay. Don't you just despise scroungers like him? 

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

And, of course, he rips off the UK tax-payer too to make up the staff's poverty pay. Don't you just despise scroungers like him? 

Not a single member of my staff has to claim top ups to pay for for you to be sat on your @rse here 24/7....

They do pay for you to be sat on your @rse here 24/7 out of their taxes mind, which is not a complete waste of money, because you're at least a useful idiot.

6 hours ago, Jools said:

Not a single member of my staff has to claim top ups to pay for for you to be sat on your @rse here 24/7....

They do pay for you to be sat on your @rse here 24/7 out of their taxes mind, which is not a complete waste of money, because you're at least a useful idiot.

Oh dear! caught out lying again like the sad old exploiting gammon that you are. It wasn't that long ago (the free school meals thread I believe) that you were complaining that the universal credit system made it too easy for your staff to use UC to top up their wages instead of being available to work for you full-time. Best not to lie if you're too stupid to remember what you have said previously you demented old fool. Enjoy your morning gruel!

Edited by horsefly

On 21/03/2021 at 18:23, Well b back said:

Lol

As I have said many times before I have voted Tory all my life, including in the last election. I like many others then realised that Johnson just disguises fact. I find him a clown ( as do my family and friends ) and if he is still in charge ( or Gove etc ) I just couldn’t vote for him as how I was brought up misleading is no different to lying. 
I probably don’t help the polls, would I vote Tory yes, would I vote Tory with Johnson and any of his mates in charge, no way. Is there an alternative, at this second in time afraid not.

Exactly. Particularly at GE level, I can't make the usual swap and go for the Lib Dems as they've no chance of winning the seat when the main two parties get around 90% of the votes.

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. Particularly at GE level, I can't make the usual swap and go for the Lib Dems as they've no chance of winning the seat when the main two parties get around 90% of the votes.

When a political party has been in existence in some form for almost 150 yeàrs and can muster only 7% of the vote they haven't earned the right to be anywhere near government. We certainly shouldn't be gerrymandering the system just to give them a consolation prize of a cabinet seat or two. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

When a political party has been in existence in some form for almost 150 yeàrs and can muster only 7% of the vote they haven't earned the right to be anywhere near government. We certainly shouldn't be gerrymandering the system just to give them a consolation prize of a cabinet seat or two. 

Then if they get 7% of the vote, they should get more than under 2% of the seats. And if a party gets 43% of the votes, they should not have an absolute majority. Cuts both ways.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2021 at 14:15, Jools said:

😀

• Like 1

Fanboy gets over excited when meeting his hero. 

"It was exactly like the time David Bowie visited my flat." said the 70 year old, North Norfolk resident halfwit. 

• Haha 1

Oh dear, Sir Kneelalot:

Sue Hayman – Labour’s shadow environment minister and Lords Opposition Whip – is currently working for Grayling, a major London lobbying firm, Guido can exclusively reveal. Now sitting as a member of the firm’s ‘Senior Advisory Board’, Hayman was elevated to the House of Lords in 2020, having previously stood as Shadow Environment Secretary under Jeremy Corbyn before losing her Commons seat in the 2019 election. It looks like her fortunes have changed since then…

Grayling, a PR and lobbying firm, proudly advertise their ‘experience in lobbying and public affairs, and a track record of conducting successful government relations campaigns’. Their promotional material adds:

“[We] are ideally placed to support clients who seek genuine political intelligence and strategic guidance. We help you understand what makes politics and politicians tick, as well as how best to nurture relationships’.

Baroness-Hayman-RoI-copy.jpg?resize=757%

The House of Lords’ register of interests reveal that Hayman also sits as a partner at Marron Consulting, a PR firm managed by her husband; that company also boasts of offering ‘strategic communications [and] stakeholder engagement services‘ for clients. She is the second Shadow Cabinet member who moonlights as a lobbyist. Starmer’s friend the shadow attorney general, Lord Falconer, also has a second job at a lobbying firm which was providing advice on ‘political lobbying’ in the UK. Nice work if you can get it…  "Sleaze, sleaze, sleaze"  🙃

😎

As Labour continue to accuse the Tories of cronyism over this morning’s Dyson texting story, shadow business minister Lucy Powell conceded on Politics Live that, had Starmer been in Boris’s shoes, he probably would’ve done exactly the same as the Prime Minister:

“Well look, I think you’ve got to separate out some of these issues here, of course you would expect a Prime Minister in that time of crisis to do whatever it takes to encourage and support British industry, to help meet the demand of the time, whether it be ventilators, PPE, or hand sanitisers or feeding hungry school children and so on…”

Asked whether she agreed with Jo Coburn’s summary of her position – that she believes Keir Starmer “would have done the same, whatever it takes” – Powell replied “Ok”.

The general post-PMQs press consensus seemed to be Labour is misjudging weaponising this story --- It looks like Powell agrees too…  👍 🙃

Your mate never got to sit on those benches did he Jools.

Funny then how you take the mick when your mate tried so many times and nobody wanted him.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Your mate never got to sit on those benches did he Jools.

Funny then how you take the mick when your mate tried so many times and nobody wanted him.

Sir Nigel of Farage achieved what he set out to do -- The same can't be said for the majority of politicians, Grandpapapaski..

The fact he achieved his goals without ever being an MP is remarkable.

50 minutes ago, Jools said:

Sir Nigel of Farage achieved what he set out to do -- The same can't be said for the majority of politicians, Grandpapapaski..

The fact he achieved his goals without ever being an MP is remarkable.

What did he set out to do? To get elected to an organisation that he apparently despised and said was ripping people off, and then having the temerity to take a pension from it.

In fact, he is a thief.

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

In fact, he is a thief.

Nay, you are, Grandpapa...

An oxygen thief..  😉

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Sir Nigel of Farage achieved what he set out to do

By which I assume you mean providing himself with an extremely comfortable lifestyle by virtue of scamming gullible idiots like yourself.

Not forgetting, of course, his substantial EU pension even though he hardly ever turned up to do any work - the worst attendance  record in the whole of Europe and although he will receive his pension from the EU it will actually be funded by British taxpayers courtesy of the Brexit deal, so he got us all on that one.

And finally he topped all that up with a shed load of fraudulent expense claims - think he had to pay a bit of those back but I'm sure he still came out ahead on that one as well.

So for the first, and only, time I agree with you - shame he succeeded at everyone else's expense though - mind you that's been pretty much eclipsed by the complete shambles and wasting of many, many billions since Johnson took over so I think we'd all forgotten about Farage ........... until you reminded us 😀

• Like 3