KiwiScot

Playoff Watch - All Leagues

Oh boy... just need the league to schedule Sunderland v Ipswich as the opening game of the season now. 

And Charlton v Luton on the same day would be good 😀

Tranmere win and Charlton win now I want Derby.

Tranmere due to keeping a Welsh team down.( I don't like the idea of a select few Welsh teams are allowed in the League)

Charlton to keep Sunderland down for one more season ( My mate has been saying they would do the same as us and carry on to the Premiership. )

Derby due to the money Villa have spent. (I know Derby have done almost the same, but to see Villa in the Championship for another season may call them to cut back a little)  

Congratulations to Charlton on not having to play Ip****e next season - fully deserved 👍

29 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sunderland stay down in league one....thats one team that should finish above ipswich for starters.

Hahahahaha. Binners won't be happy there's another footballing giant in L1 next year to steal all their headlines when they romp home with weeks to spare.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Tranmere due to keeping a Welsh team down.( I don't like the idea of a select few Welsh teams are allowed in the League)

Charlton to keep Sunderland down for one more season ( My mate has been saying they would do the same as us and carry on to the Premiership. )

Derby due to the money Villa have spent. (I know Derby have done almost the same, but to see Villa in the Championship for another season may call them to cut back a little)  

I have to agree, Swindon - I have never understood why there are Welsh clubs in the English leagues. I mean why not have Celtic and Rangers playing in the English leagues too?

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Hahahahaha. Binners won't be happy there's another footballing giant in L1 next year to steal all their headlines when they romp home with weeks to spare.

The commentator on the stream I was watching said ‘Sunderland will now remain as the biggest club in League 1’. I was thinking, get Alan Brazil in that studio NOW

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

From our point of view we could do with Derby going up , in the interests of staying up

Provided Lampard is still there and hasnt gone to Chelsea, loan rules in the Prem state that a club can only have a maximum of 1 loan player from another Prem club, so they cant go cap in hand to Chelsea for hand outs...

Just now, Alex Moss said:

The commentator on the stream I was watching said ‘Sunderland will now remain as the biggest club in League 1’. I was thinking, get Alan Brazil in that studio NOW

I doubt it's big enough and would need a lot of reinforcing.

Not to mention a generous bar and buffet.

Worth mentioning Dundee United miss out on promotion by missing all 4 of their penalties. Oh dear.

7 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I doubt it's big enough and would need a lot of reinforcing.

Not to mention a generous bar and buffet.

It was in America so very real possibility on all counts! 🍔

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Worth mentioning Dundee United miss out on promotion by missing all 4 of their penalties. Oh dear.

They should be renamed ‘Dundee Penalties Wrong’

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

It was in America so very real possibility on all counts! 🍔

A trip to the US would probably finish him off.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

A trip to the US would probably finish him off.

He’d single handedly empty every Wendy’s in Florida, the locals would be furious 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He’d single handedly empty every Wendy’s in Florida, the locals would be furious 

On the topic of lardy ex-pros - finding images of this 90's Premiership footballer shocked me recently.

image.png.d17d5fc2f20714bd4293d69ad675c3f2.png

Reminds me of when Alan Partridge put a bit on...

image.png.c3b82ab161570f41c6837efe2e89e32a.png

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

On the topic of lardy ex-pros - finding images of this 90's Premiership footballer shocked me recently.

image.png.d17d5fc2f20714bd4293d69ad675c3f2.png

Reminds me of when Alan Partridge put a bit on...

image.png.c3b82ab161570f41c6837efe2e89e32a.png

Who is that anyway, Drazen? I half recognise him, it’s just the new half of him I don’t 

Sky are really milking FLDC, "when Jamie met Frank" (been on at least twice today so far), in which Frank talks about his 6th placed finish (and last years 6th placed is conveniently forgotten about).

43 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Snap. I recognise that face but just can't put a name to it.

Put us out of our misery, Drazen!

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Who is that anyway, Drazen? I half recognise him, it’s just the new half of him I don’t 

Sorry fellers, went off for me tea!

It's Jamie Pollock. (And chips no doubt)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Sorry fellers, went off for me tea!

It's Jamie Pollock. (And chips no doubt)

Ahhh I remember him, did he play for Middlesbrough or someone, can’t quite picture the club?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Ahhh I remember him, did he play for Middlesbrough or someone, can’t quite picture the club?

Yep Boro and his comedy own goal sent Man City into Division 3 in the 90s.

The Norwich connection with Charlton ( with the disclaimer that he holds no responsibility for the Sunderland goal ) - their goalkeeping coach is Andy Marshall.

The annoying commentary love in with Jack Grealish continues I see. A decent player, but nowhere near Maddison’s class and “definitely the best player in the League” rather than “one of the best players in the League” shows a typical lack of awareness of what actually happened this season. 

As for the game, pretty even, I fancy Derby to nick it as long as they can keep denying Villa space.

Edited by Surfer

Sloppy goal for Derby to concede. Thought it was going to be 1-0 Villa, so will be an uphill struggle for Derby to get back into this one.