Sign in to follow this  
Indy

VAR, definitely a good thing for us next season.

Just making the assumption we will go up, but after watching Spurs get the offside and today’s poor red card to Forrest I’m hoping that we won’t be on the end of any poor refereeing costing  us vital points.

For me it’s a big positive, just wanted to know if the purists amongst us would rather we didn’t have it? Anyone against it?

Edited by Indy

With VAR the second goal never counts and we probably win today.

If the Championship had VAR we would probably be Champions by now.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

VAR will benefit teams like us I'm sure of it. The old adage of giving the decisions to the big team with the influential managers ~cough* Man united et al, will hopefully be a thing of the past to a certain extent.

Very similar to our first experience of it at Chelsea a while back. 

4 hours ago, East Rider said:

VAR will benefit teams like us I'm sure of it. The old adage of giving the decisions to the big team with the influential managers ~cough* Man united et al, will hopefully be a thing of the past to a certain extent.

Very similar to our first experience of it at Chelsea a while back. 

Don't bank on it, if the Big Clubs have allowed it through, you can bet that they've found a way around it.  You heard it here first. 

• Like 1

At the start of this season I was still a bit skeptical of VAR but the shockingly poor refereeing we've seen so regularly this season  convinced me a while ago that it can only be a good thing.

I imagine that by the expression on Farke's face last night, he probably thinks the same!

Absolutely agree with this and posted it on a thread a while ago. If we think we are getting a lot of poor decisions go against us atm, just wait till we are in the Prem, it was a constant theme on here how the bigger clubs always got the decisions in games against the wee minnows. Hopefully VAR will temper the tendacies of over entusiastic referees to favour the bigger clubs, and pigs of course have flown.

Edited by Van wink

Michael Bailey reposted the proof. VAR, although not a massive fan, would have prevented this blatant cheating, and maybe a sending off?!

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Michael Bailey reposted the proof. VAR, although not a massive fan, would have prevented this blatant cheating, and maybe a sending off?!

Blimey, thats the first time I have seen it in that detail, absolutely blatent cheating!

Just seen the NCFC highlights. Watch the Wednesday player holding Max's arm as he goes to shoot (at 3.06).

Would VAR have helped? Don't know but it might make players more circumspect.

I find the objections to VAR bizarre. Its incredible how breaking the rules and deceiving the officials, or cheating in other words, has become such a part of the game that people object to having systems in place that prevent it. 

I find the objections to VAR bizarre. Its incredible how breaking the rules and deceiving the officials, or cheating in other words, has become such a part of the game that people object to having systems in place that prevent it. 

Will they prevent it though? Commentator on Friday said Krul complained because he had two hands on the ball. I know all goals will be looked at and I assume the Fletcher one will be ruled out.
But what about the handling outside of the box episode. The ref I assume thought we didn't have a clear scoring opportunity, which is an area of opinion and debate. And he may have been right because I think the Owls keeper misjudged it more than cheated. But would VAR have attracted the ref to have another look. If they did then their opinion would be different to the ref.
Fletcher certainly cheated. And with football there are certain taboos like spitting and handling whereas kicking someone up the jacksie is accepted.

I am led to beleive that the playoff final the EFL have decided will not use VAR.

A quick reality check to the EFL and FA. This is a £150 million pound game. Your officials are not capable in a lot of instances ( that maybe through the quickness of the modern game ) of getting to the correct decision. If a team gets promoted through an incorrect decision the EFL and FA must take full responsibility when the technology is available at Wembley.

It has also been suggested that the 4th official knew this was handball but could not intervene.