Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

57 minutes ago, Herman said:

Prime brexitty gammon.

This is immodest of me but I remember what now seems like aeons ago saying a trade deal with India would be contingent on the UK accepting more immigrants from there and being told by Brexiter posters that wouldn't be the case...

29 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Well unless you are an EU company or have an EU registration etc what do you expect? Been known about for years. No news here just the glacial time it takes to sink in with some.

Or just Swindon spending all his time searching for anti EU articles. Does he actually follow football?

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is immodest of me but I remember what now seems like aeons ago saying a trade deal with India would be contingent on the UK accepting more immigrants from there and being told by Brexiter posters that wouldn't be the case...

That's becoming a more and more common occurrence......😀

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Tens of thousands of Brexit-related websites have been taken offline by the EU agency in charge of domain names – including the Leave.eu site set up by the pro-Brexit campaign group.

No, they haven't - it is entirely up to the owners of the websites whether they are taken off line and there is no EU agency in charge of domain names - as is often the case with the internet it isnt entirely straightforward to say who is 'in charge' of domain names but ICANN which is an international non-profit organisation is the closest to it we have.

But there are rules and these rules are operated by the all companies that register domains wherever they operate. These rules haven't changed and one of them is .eu domains have always had to be registered to an address in the EU.

So that means that prior to Brexit, the scumbag Brexit websites that you spend so much time on and people like me trying to run a small business (and everyone in-between) were all fully entitled to register .eu domains to an address in the UK.

With Brexit all that changed, but not with the slightest anti-Brexit bias - everyone had to follow the rules and it was actually extremely simple. My domains were all registered with a UK based registration company and they emailed me at least a year, probably two, beforehand saying I either had to update my .eu domains registrations to an EU address or give them up when Brexit actually happened.

As YF has already pointed out, literally everyone who knows anything about domains or websites has known about this for years and if they have anything other than completely empty space between their ears they sorted it out a long time ago. In my case it took me about five minutes to update my domain registrations details to an appropriate address in the EU. If that option wasn't available to some people then they would need to move to another domain e.g. .com, .co.uk, .info, .org, there are loads more variants and more often than not people would already own some of the other variants anyway - so bit more messing about but hardly difficult.

So if some of your chums have gone off-line it is nothing to do with the EU and everything to do with them being totally incompetent or perhaps just not bothered enough to carry on.

What baffles me is why you seem to continue to delight in posting absolute tripe that continually highlights your ignorance and complete lack of understanding of what you're posting about - you seem to be getting ever more desperate and I'm afraid that one is another epic fail 😂

Edited by Creative Midfielder

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Tens of thousands of Brexit-related websites have been taken offline by the EU agency in charge of domain names – including the Leave.eu site set up by the pro-Brexit campaign group.

You voted for this to happen.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You voted for this to happen.

I did not, The EU are running and shutting them down in case others get an idea 

You voted for that to happen. Don't tell us you didn't know what you were voting for?? 

14 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Quite right too, we left in a strop so there is no reason for these websites to continue using .eu domains.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Germans blame Brexit as car industry slumps by £14bn

Bang on Swindo, Brexit has been an epic fail on trade terms. EU/UK trade down 15% in BOTH directions.

If only people had pointed this out before.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Literally no bread in Coop yesterday. Well done Swindo. 

Why haven't you popped down to your local windmill for flour, you could then go to the farm next door for the milk & eggs, then onto the local brewery for some yeast. Providing you avoid the sewerage local watercourses I expect you'll have the rest of the ingredients in your Pantry.

A couple of hours later you should be ready to put the dough in the oven.

Who needs trade and shops and stuff?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I did not, The EU are running and shutting them down in case others get an idea 

Completely false yet again - you are a total idiot and serial liar, very similar to our PM in fact but perhaps you have a better haircut.............or maybe not?

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Completely false yet again - you are a total idiot and serial liar, very similar to our PM in fact but perhaps you have a better haircut.............or maybe not?

Well then tell me the real truth 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why haven't you popped down to your local windmill for flour, you could then go to the farm next door for the milk & eggs, then onto the local brewery for some yeast. Providing you avoid the sewerage local watercourses I expect you'll have the rest of the ingredients in your Pantry.

A couple of hours later you should be ready to put the dough in the oven.

Who needs trade and shops and stuff?

Where is he getting the fuel for the open fire oven though?

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Less trade with the EU the better 

So who do you want to trade with? Lets buy less than perfect rubbish from other countries rather than the timelessly working German stuff.

When are you going to get it into your head that we had perfectly good trading arrangements with the whole  bleddy world but you based leaving the EU on Immigration. Nobody complained of trade. It was Immigration and unelected officials. (Like Cummings?)

Yet another Johnson lie you fell for Swindon

Proudly restoring the crown stamp on to the side of pint glasses"

The crown stamp had been used on pint glasses for more than 300 years to show they are large enough to hold a full pint.

An EU directive, which took effect in 2006, required the use of an EU-wide "CE" mark which stands for Conformité Européenne - French for "European Conformity".

CE appears on many other products, from toys to medical devices, and it shows that they meet the EU's safety, health and environmental rules and can move freely across its countries with no additional checks.

But the European Commission has rejected the idea that EU rules stopped the UK from having the crown stamp on glasses as well.

A spokesperson told us: "EU law does not prevent markings from being placed on products, so long as it does not overlap or be confused with the CE mark."

Following Brexit, goods will now have to use the UKCA marking - "UK Conformity Assessed". However, to allow businesses time to adjust, products with the CE mark can still be sold and used in Great Britain until 1 January 2023.

Former Brexit minister Lord Frost said in September 2021 that the government "will permit the voluntary printing of the crown stamp on pint glasses".

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

HOWS IT MY FAULT ?

Same for us on Tesco delivery last Friday.

Not your fault as such, but you told us it was not happening.

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Whilst in the EU we could of displayed both the crown and the CE mark, so yet another Johnson lie after fact checking.

The other day you posted where somebody was taking the p*** at this, if you now compare your 2 postings do you understand why people were laughing at you a couple of days ago ?.

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

the rest of the world 

I've got a friend who sells safety equipment. Trades with EU countries, he has to work very hard to maintain his relationships with his customers, lots of Zoom calls etc.

He's tried trading with Japan but they keep complaining that he calls them when they're asleep.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

the rest of the world 

But they don’t want to trade with us, and how could any other trade deal be better than trading with the EU.

When I voted I was told the EU would trade with us in the same way as they needed us more than we needed them. I guess that was a lie to by Johnson and Farage.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Same for us on Tesco delivery last Friday.

Not your fault as such, but you told us it was not happening.

17,410,741 others voted the same way, so not my fault.  

Not your fault as such, but you told us it was not happening it's not happening here do you ever shop around or is it just Tesco's norwich  that's my fault ?

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

17,410,741 others voted the same way, so not my fault.  

Not your fault as such, but you told us it was not happening it's not happening here do you ever shop around or is it just Tesco's norwich  that's my fault ?

Why would I travel 166 miles to shop in Tesco Norwich ?

As shown in the polls only 18% think Brexit has gone well, that includes many of those 17,410,741

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Less trade with the EU the better 

Grade AAA fool.

Even most Brexiteers must surely disown you. If Brexit is to ever work we must trade fully with the EU - the more the better.