Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

less trade with the EU the betterĀ šŸ‘

Thatā€™s not even what it says read it, just shows how Johnson and Farage want to destroy the once Great Britain for their own personal gain.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I know what it says but to break any tie with the EU the betterĀ 

So as well as hating the French and Germans you now hate lots of Brits as well that voted leave, just for changing their minds.

Will you be threatening farmers and fisherman next ?

Have you also seen the developing story of how thousands had their Christmas ruint ?. It seems to make it look like the shelves were full of Turkeys the said birds were delivered to the supermarket chains much earlier than usual. Many of the said birds when removed to be cooked were rotten and stank to high heaven.

Thats what you voted for, well done.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't hate anybodyĀ 

But you just took the p*** at farmers and fishermen losing their livelihoods.Ā 
As you also told us you supported Farage and his bunch of cowards in threatening the RNLI and their families, booing the taking of the knee etc.

You also support the far right.

Just now, Well b back said:

Have you also seen the developing story of how thousands had their Christmas ruint ?. It seems to make it look like the shelves were full of Turkeys the said birds were delivered to the supermarket chains much earlier than usual. Many of the said birds when removed to be cooked were rotten and stank to high heaven.

Thats what you voted for, well done.

THAT WAS BECAUSE YOU LOT SENT OUT SCARE STORYS THAT THERE WIOULD BE A SHORAGEĀ 

Just now, Well b back said:

But you just took the p*** at farmers and fishermen losing their livelihoods.Ā 
As you also told us you supported Farage and his bunch of cowards in threatening the RNLI and their families, booing the taking of the knee etc.

You also support the far right.

I DID NOT

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

THAT WAS BECAUSE YOU LOT SENT OUT SCARE STORYS THAT THERE WIOULD BE A SHORAGEĀ 

So instead of no turkeys on the shelves we had rotten turkeys, that was a brilliant plan Baldrick.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I DID NOT

Read the f****** letter you posted it is feeling for fisherman and farmers losing their livelihoods after voting leave and you are cheering and taking the p*** at them. Either that or you simply have not read the letter, it attacks Britain not the EU.

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Read the f****** letter you posted it is feeling for fisherman and farmers losing their livelihoods after voting leave and you are cheering and taking the p*** at them. Either that or you simply have not read the letter, it attacks Britain not the EU.

I DID NOT

I may have posted it, but it's not what I was pointing out it was the downward deals with the EU. Do you know how much it's dropped since we left ?

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ā Re-join hammer blow as voters overwhelmingly reject EU return

Where on earth did you get that, look at the polls.

• Like 1

The Ipsos MORI poll, which deals a crushing blow to the hopes of Remainers keen to take Britain back into the bloc, involved 2,333 British adults aged 16 and over interviewed between December 3 and 7, and suggested just 24 percent favoured rejoining. A further 30 percent believed Britain had made a mistake in leaving, but now needed to make the best of the situation.

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The Ipsos MORI poll, which deals a crushing blow to the hopes of Remainers keen to take Britain back into the bloc, involved 2,333 British adults aged 16 and over interviewed between December 3 and 7, and suggested just 24 percent favoured rejoining. A further 30 percent believed Britain had made a mistake in leaving, but now needed to make the best of the situation.

Actually it makes pretty dim reading for Brexiteers.

Ignoring your pathetic 'spin' no doubt lifted from some rag -

IPSOS Mori themselves.

Gideon Skinner, Head of Politics at Ipsos MORI, says of the findings:

Perhaps understandably, Britons do not feel their Brexit identities quite as strongly as they did two years ago, but they are still more powerful than traditional party loyalties. Ā Meanwhile, although the public have become more negative about Brexit since earlier this year, this does not mean that Remain voters are unanimous in wanting to reverse the decision. Ā Although this still remains the focus for those who feel their Remain identity most strongly, for other less fervent Remainers they are prepared to make the best of it.

Technical note

• Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 2,333 British adults aged 16+. Interviews were conducted online between 3-7 December 2021. Data are weighted to match the profile of the population. All polls are subject to a wide range of potential sources of error.

The 'hammerĀ blow' is really for 'Leave' - clearly the peopleĀ think it has 'failed' or with hindsight a bad idea ' How soon do you thinkĀ it will be before it's put out of its miseryĀ ?Ā That's the reality ofĀ the situation. InĀ  the meantime we all try to make the best of bad situationĀ - in our case moving business overseas etc.

Edited by Yellow Fever
https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/seven-ten-britons-still-say-they-have-strong-brexit-identity

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So 54% think Britain has made a mistake, hardly a 'crushing blow'.

Ā 

• Haha 1

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

So 54% think Britain has made a mistake, hardly a 'crushing blow'.

Ā 

I think there areĀ only aboutĀ 25% of the electorateĀ who are dieĀ hard Brexiteers now.

Of course there is no appetite to go back in at the moment. Can you imagine what it would take? And how long?

We are stuck with it now but surely you can admit you were lied to and far from seeing any benefits from leaving, we are seeing nothing but problems not only intrinsically but administratively.

Or is that a step too far?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59857275

UK steel companies have been operating at a significant disadvantage compared to their European rivals since the beginning of 2022.

The EU has done a deal with the US, which took effect on 1 January, to allow companies to export steel to the US again without any tariffs.

But if the UK manages to do a deal of its own with the US, will that production come back?

"It is highly likely we will just leave it over there (in Spain)," Mr Brand says. "Lost to the UK completely, then."

Who was it who said Liz Truss had done a good job?

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ā MORI poll, = DON'T MAKE ME LAUGHĀ šŸ¤£

I think actually mostĀ peopleĀ are laughingĀ AT YOU.Ā 

You bring up the poll and when it actually saysĀ (as usual) in reality not what you wanted to hear you tryĀ to laughĀ it off.

Try making a balanced thoughtful (even inciteful) factual point nextĀ time i.e. what do the Brexiteers need to do to rescue Brexit (yesĀ I know that's difficult). PerhapsĀ become like the USA - cut benefits, pensions, minimum wage etc. so we can becomeĀ more dynamic economy?Ā 

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ā MORI poll, = DON'T MAKE ME LAUGHĀ šŸ¤£

I put the current polls up yesterday and you are misleading people with garbage. The current polls have very few people saying Brexit went well ( 18% I believe ). You also actually lied about the French only 32% would leave given the chance not the ā€˜ majority ā€˜ you were hailing. I have put below the you gov Brexit poll, if you are able to read please do so.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2021/11/26/af1f1/1

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59857275

UK steel companies have been operating at a significant disadvantage compared to their European rivals since the beginning of 2022.

The EU has done a deal with the US, which took effect on 1 January, to allow companies to export steel to the US again without any tariffs.

But if the UK manages to do a deal of its own with the US, will that production come back?

"It is highly likely we will just leave it over there (in Spain)," Mr Brand says. "Lost to the UK completely, then."

Who was it who said Liz Truss had done a good job?

What !

One of the reasons for a leave vote was a deal ready to go with the US. Donā€™t tell me Johnson and Farage lied about yet another thing. Of course if the bird as usual repeated their garbage then that is also another lie by him ( or her ).

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

šŸ¤£

Hot news Swindon praises polls that say we should rejoin the EU and also thinks it funny.