Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's like the staring window at an old folks home today. 

WTF is a staring window Hermy?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You spelt lier wrong. Couldn’t even do a simple post without being a moron 😂

I NEVER BOFFER ABOUT SPELLING ON HERE IT'S NOT IMPORTANT

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's dependent on our having friends in the White House. That's politics.

The UK is a good country, and should be able to get decent deals regardless of who is in The White House, or whose running most other countries. One of the big selling points of the Brexit campaign was how attractive we were as a trading partner

What happens if Trump doesn´t win? He´s nearly 74, what happens if he falls ill or dies?

38 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Fish wars are coming! 

Great, bring ´em on, we´re good at those

"Þrír þorskastríð og eitt euros, do dah, do dah"

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
Apostrophe added

18 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Fish wars are coming! 

F9900BAB-0DB3-4273-9506-D764903C76F6.png

Edited by Van wink

50 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Great, bring ´em on, we´re good at those

Really, I seem to remember us losing heavily several times - and that was just against mighty Iceland!

And we still had a real fishing fleet and a real navy in those days, not the apology for a fleet we have nowadays.

11 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Really, I seem to remember us losing heavily several times - and that was just against mighty Iceland!

And we still had a real fishing fleet and a real navy in those days, not the apology for a fleet we have nowadays.

Undoubtedly our fleets are diminished due to an absence of PR

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The UK is a good country, and should be able to get decent deals regardless of who is in The White House, or whose running most other countries. One of the big selling points of the Brexit campaign was how attractive we were as a trading partner

What happens if Trump doesn´t win? He´s nearly 74, what happens if he falls ill or dies?

Then it depends on who replaces him and whether they feel the UK or the EU best supports the interests of the US. But it's fair to say that Trump is fairly pro-British given his family connections and though he isn't a great ideologue and is more of a pragmatist, his political stance aligns closer to a Conservative UK than the EU. If he loses the election then the next incumbent may not be so pro-UK, so we need to get a move on with negotiations

Edited by Rock The Boat

18 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I live in Iceland!

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No, my twin brother was on that, I was on the Andromeda

That reminds me of this famous story:

"Mike and Bernie Winters were brothers and ‘all round entertainers’ who suffered a similar reception to O’Connor. In their act, Mike came on stage first, playing his clarinet. The Weegie audience was unimpressed and when Bernie, wearing an old-fashioned coat and a bowler hat shoved his face out between the curtains with his usual grin and ‘eeeeeeeeeeeee’ noise, one jakey in the front row was heard to shout, ‘Christ, there’s two of them!’ "

• Confused 1

incident occurred in January 1976, when HMS Andromeda collided with Þór, which sustained a hole in its hull; the hull of Andromeda was dented. The British Ministry of Defence said that the collision represented a "deliberate attack" on the British warship 'without regard for life'. The Icelandic Coast Guard, on the other hand insisted, that Andromeda had rammed Þór by "overtaking the boat and then swiftly changing course'.

I'm sure there was a couple of films about you. Jim Carrey I think starred in the good one. The sequel was dreadful. 

Daniel Kawszcynski. MP. Should he be allowed to stay in the Conservative party knowing how much they dislike anti semitism?

12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Then it depends on who replaces him and whether they feel the UK or the EU best supports the interests of the US. But it's fair to say that Trump is fairly pro-British given his family connections and though he isn't a great ideologue and is more of a pragmatist, his political stance aligns closer to a Conservative UK than the EU. If he loses the election then the next incumbent may not be so pro-UK, so we need to get a move on with negotiations

I'm sure  the conservative government would find Donald Trump easier to deal with, but it's not really the Brexit dream though, is it?

When we voted to leave Trump wasn't even in the white house. A Country of our standing should be able to deal with what is put in front of it, not be hoping for citizens of another country to be voting the "right way"

5 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I'm sure  the conservative government would find Donald Trump easier to deal with, but it's not really the Brexit dream though, is it?

When we voted to leave Trump wasn't even in the white house. A Country of our standing should be able to deal with what is put in front of it, not be hoping for citizens of another country to be voting the "right way"

The President of the US, whoever it is, does not have unlimited power to settle trade deals, particularly if tariffs are involved.

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I THINK YOU'LL FIND LIKE ALL TWINS WE HAVE THE SAME BRIGHT BRAINS 😁

image.png.0c61c5fe4950d349a581803ba581791b.png

image.png

Edited by BigFish

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's not real

True, I expect you are both Danny DeVito

• Haha 2