Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Do you understand what it says?

The less deals with the EU the better 

Edited by SwindonCanary

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

first, I don't live in a village, second I'm not an idiot, third I'm reporting you for calling me names.  

Actually SC I was of the thinking before that it would best for you if you left for your own mental health - after all we've all had enough of your trolling, made up headlines, arguing 1 + 1 =10, putting up links that state the complete opposite of what you claim. It's tiresome trying to correct your guff but then I realized if its not deliberate then you may not be able to help it. 

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually SC I was of the thinking before that it would best for you if you left for your own mental health - after all we've all had enough of your trolling, made up headlines, arguing 1 + 1 =10, putting up links that state the complete opposite of what you claim. It's tiresome trying to correct your guff but then I realized if its not deliberate then you may not be able to help it. 

Indeed, I used to feel sorry for the abuse IpswichCrazy was subjected to, he had his platform and put himself there. I have a feeling Swindo might be the same so I’ve just left him well alone and blocked him, to protect me from saying something I might regret. It’s hard to know what someone behind the keyboard is actually like. We need to be careful.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Indeed, I used to feel sorry for the abuse IpswichCrazy was subjected to, he had his platform and put himself there. I have a feeling Swindo might be the same so I’ve just left him well alone and blocked him, to protect me from saying something I might regret. It’s hard to know what someone behind the keyboard is actually like. We need to be careful.

I did the same Indy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Indy said:

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I did the same Indy.

I agree with you but somebody has to really stop him putting up complete or wilfully made-up disinformation. He actually admits for him its become bit of 'game' which is complete abuse of the message board as opposed to an opinion.

Separately - and more generally the thing I like about this board is that it allows people of very varying backgrounds, experiences and professions to meet and discuss. We don't have to agree with each other but I hope we all learn something. We all have the Canaries in common across the world.

Where else can company directors, research scientists and engineers, entrepreneurs and yes even 'white van man'  man discuss topical issues of the day on an even keel. All of the above are also very often avid football (or rugby) supporters i.e. Van Tam.

As they say - you never know who you are actually talking too! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I agree with you but somebody has to really stop him putting up complete or wilfully made-up disinformation. He actually admits for him its become bit of 'game' which is complete abuse of the message board as opposed to an opinion.

I'm putting up things on the internet, people  can decide if they are correct or not, but I feel there's no need to call me names. ! 

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Separately - and more generally the thing I like about this board is that it allows people of very varying backgrounds, experiences and professions to meet and discuss. We don't have to agree with each other but I hope we all learn something. We all have the Canaries in common across the world.

Where else can company directors, research scientists and engineers, entrepreneurs and yes even 'white van man'  man discuss topical issues of the day on an even keel. All of the above are also very often avid football (or rugby) supporters i.e. Van Tam.

There is a major plus in that this place isn't as bad an echo chamber as twitter or the like. Yes you'll get the odd odd-ball but on the whole you get a range of opinions, most valid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

But he will be like Will Smith in I am Legend soon. I feel somewhat like a zombie after reading his endless drivel.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

But he will be like Will Smith in I am Legend soon. I feel somewhat like a zombie after reading his endless drivel.

I have little secret to tell. Years ago (pre Covid) not too long after the referendum I recall being in a German board room (near Munich) and later a Japanese one and the question would inevitably come up as to how on earth the pragmatic well respected Brits voted for Brexit.  Nobody could understand it as it seemed so damaging economically and politically in terms of global influence. 

I would open my phone and show them a few of the above 'comments' (yes on this and other boards I used to comment from the strangest parts of the world). They would laugh but then understand our issues. Brexit had It seemed destroyed in an instance any notion of the UK being 'special' in their eyes. Our long history that many respected for honesty and straight talking had been trashed.  

To balance things I recall being in Osaka with my Americans when Trump got elected. Total shock & embarrassment.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Dominic Cummings has got it in for Boris, he's not worth  bothering about.

Looks like Cummings is going to bring him down Friday and Johnson was gullible enough to walk into every trap set.

He proved he’s a liar, he will prove he lied about COVID, will he prove he lied to get people to vote leave, not bad for somebody not worth bothering about. And to think you told us the wallpaper didn’t matter.

Bye Bye Boris

Bye Bye Son

Bye Bye Boris

F*** off you lying c***

I see the Tory press are in full “ we have every confidence in the manager “ mode … only ends one way doesn’t it? 

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

I see the Tory press are in full “ we have every confidence in the manager “ mode … only ends one way doesn’t it? 

The S*n is increasingly desperate with its headlines. Celebrity gossip at this moment. Really??😂

Several E.U. member states have reported strongly rising inflation recently. Inflation in the 19 countries that use the Euro reached its highest level on record, led by surging food and energy costs. Many other countries around the world have as well. The United States, for example, has also experienced this trend.

Data supplied by statistic agencies from the member states and Eurostat, the E.U.’s own statistic body, showed Eurozone inflation rose to a record high last month, indicating more pressure on the European Central Bank to raise interest rates for all the bloc’s member states this year.

This inflationary trend is illustrated by the example of the following member states.

The German economy, currently the biggest in Europe, has plummeted precipitously with inflation at its highest level for 18 years, with the ‘worst yet to come’ according to leading economists.

The inflation rate shot up to 5.2% there in November last year – a figure not seen since the early 1990s and is currently at 5.2%. Leading German economists predict that the rate will climb ever higher with extremely serious knock on effects for consumers, business, and the German economy in general.

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Several E.U. member states have reported strongly rising inflation recently. Inflation in the 19 countries that use the Euro reached its highest level on record, led by surging food and energy costs. Many other countries around the world have as well. The United States, for example, has also experienced this trend.

Data supplied by statistic agencies from the member states and Eurostat, the E.U.’s own statistic body, showed Eurozone inflation rose to a record high last month, indicating more pressure on the European Central Bank to raise interest rates for all the bloc’s member states this year.

This inflationary trend is illustrated by the example of the following member states.

The German economy, currently the biggest in Europe, has plummeted precipitously with inflation at its highest level for 18 years, with the ‘worst yet to come’ according to leading economists.

The inflation rate shot up to 5.2% there in November last year – a figure not seen since the early 1990s and is currently at 5.2%. Leading German economists predict that the rate will climb ever higher with extremely serious knock on effects for consumers, business, and the German economy in general.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/conservative-post/

Europe and US suffering considerably worse from inflation than UK

image.png.040a6ea39a2672a2091720e8bdeaf023.png

21 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It all depends who Sue believes 

So you think the U.K. public will accept wether or not she believes a serial liar.

If she says nothing happened the Northern Tories will turn on him as the public will lose all faith, if she says he lied the cabinet will turn on him, but more likely to be another fake report.

21 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I see your mate David Davis who you spoke so highly about doesn’t believe him.

You do realize that is 3/4 of the way to being a copy of the EU flag don’t you? 

On 18/01/2022 at 22:42, SwindonCanary said:

No, it doesn't - Sue is just a delaying tactic and everybody knows it but is playing along because........... actually why not?

Johnson is playing for time because he literally doesn't have anything else and as far as the opposition is concerned, Labour especially, why not let the Tories carry on digging an ever deeper hole for themselves. Everyone knows that Johnson is guilty as charged and the sight of one Tory minister after another tying themselves in knots trying to defend the indefensible is spreading the damage around the whole Tory party..........long may it continue as far as I'm concerned  😊

• Like 1