Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

48 minutes ago, Herman said:

I made the sad mistake of looking into this Belfield chap. It seems like another Internet bully that spouts a lot of anger and bile and some people have finally had enough. Not sure why mad Moyo sees him as a hero. 😉

He was the guy who did the last Jimmy Saville interview. When ‘ Jimmy ‘ said ‘ I got away with it ‘ he laughed and joked with his mate. A very disturbing interview, but Belfield didn’t shop him as poor old Jimmy was getting harassed by the police for no reason.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

you obviously did not watch all the video look him up , he's coming back  he has not emigrated 

And another @SwindonCanary blunder, doubling down on his mistakes to share more ignorance.

It is an old video. Did he come back? Eh, no.

Unless of cause relocating to New York (where he has lived for three, yes THREE years) is part of a very slow staged return to the UK.

Swindo, you rarely appear more stupid than when you think you are being clever

• Haha 1

UK will be giving the EU member state, the Republic of Ireland, 3.7 million vaccine doses.

27 minutes ago, BigFish said:

And another @SwindonCanary blunder, doubling down on his mistakes to share more ignorance.

It is an old video. Did he come back? Eh, no.

Unless of cause relocating to New York (where he has lived for three, yes THREE years) is part of a very slow staged return to the UK.

Swindo, you rarely appear more stupid than when you think you are being clever

AS I WROTE, LOOK HIM UP 

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

UK will be giving the EU member state, the Republic of Ireland, 3.7 million vaccine doses.

That’s good, about time.

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Blinking heck you nearly did me then.

This was from 3 days ago and 2 days ago and this morning the government said it wasn’t happening until we have a surplus ( I appreciate they could have lied this morning, par for the course ). Ireland have also said they know nothing about it and analysts say if true it would probably only be to stir up trouble with the rest of the EU. I thought it was only the EU playing games.

Anyway the vaccine has nothing to do with Brexit, do you have any positive news ? See the US are looking to do a deal with the EU whilst upping our taxes and negotiating rules for if the likes of us want to trade with either. I was hoping you would be able to tell us that process did not begin on Thursday as it is very worrying.

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AS I WROTE, LOOK HIM UP 

I did, it appears you didn't. Hasn't been resident in the UK since 2016 it appears.

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest Swindo

On 15/03/2021 at 18:20, PurpleCanary said:

The row over policing the border in the Irish Sea obscures the broader truth, which is that wherever the border is, and there has to be one somewhere with the single market on the other side, it scr*ws the NI economy.

I don't know  whether Johnson understood this at the time and signed up to a deal he knew he would then want to break, or realised it later, but the likely truth (witness his choice of Frost) is that his intention now is to break the treaty permanently, on the assumption the EU will cave in.

The latest revelation (confirmation, more like) about Johnson's dalliance with Acuri is a useful reminder that his private life is relevant because it provides a guide and even a kind of simile for the way he behaves in politics.

With Brexit, and particularly over Northern Ireland, there is the same kind of eternal triangle, with Johnson the prime minister as Johnson the faithless philanderer, the EU as the long-suffering wife to whom repeated false promises of fidelity are made, and the Tory Brexiters as the mistress and demanding true love whose wishes get granted.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Blinking heck you nearly did me then.

This was from 3 days ago and 2 days ago and this morning the government said it wasn’t happening until we have a surplus ( I appreciate they could have lied this morning, par for the course ). Ireland have also said they know nothing about it and analysts say if true it would probably only be to stir up trouble with the rest of the EU. I thought it was only the EU playing games.

Anyway the vaccine has nothing to do with Brexit, do you have any positive news ? See the US are looking to do a deal with the EU whilst upping our taxes and negotiating rules for if the likes of us want to trade with either. I was hoping you would be able to tell us that process did not begin on Thursday as it is very worrying.

I am so fed up with the little Brexiteers and the vaccines. They conflate the EU with the nation state competencies vs the roll out yet fail to see some home truths. Brexit has pretty much nothing directly to do with the vaccines or only in the minds of the simplest.

My guess is that as they have nothing positive yet to show (only an ever growing list of negatives) with Brexit they cling desperately to these vaccine stories to soothe their very troubled minds so as not to face the truth. Meanwhile British industry, financial services, farmers and fisherman let alone the Union itself struggles to overcome these self inflicted burdens. As the Covid tide hopefully retreats I guess it will become all too obvious, leaving us stranded, up the creek and without a balance of payments paddle.  

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I am so fed up with the little Brexiteers and the vaccines. They conflate the EU with the nation state competencies vs the roll out yet fail to see some home truths. Brexit has pretty much nothing directly to do with the vaccines or only in the minds of the simplest.

My guess is that as they have nothing positive yet to show (only an ever growing list of negatives) with Brexit they cling desperately to these vaccine stories to soothe their very troubled minds so as not to face the truth. Meanwhile British industry, financial services, farmers and fisherman let alone the Union itself struggles to overcome these self inflicted burdens. As the Covid tide hopefully retreats I guess it will become all too obvious, leaving us stranded, up the creek and without a balance of payments paddle.  

Not forgetting this new massive trade deal with the USA which the UK were supposed get according to the Brexitnumpties, yet now it transpires that the EU & US are about to sign a massive trade deal! Great time to have ditched our biggest market! It’s going to be a painful long road ahead.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not forgetting this new massive trade deal with the USA which the UK were supposed get according to the Brexitnumpties, yet now it transpires that the EU & US are about to sign a massive trade deal! Great time to have ditched our biggest market! It’s going to be a painful long road ahead.

Yes - It's an ever growing list of self inflicted harm.

The people in the media that sold the country brexit (and the Iraq war, austerity, etc.etc.) are the same ones leading the abuse at the EU precisely to cover up the fact they sold us a shoddy brexit. They do tend to cover up a lot of the damage they have created.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

And don’t forget the 2 missing things it is reported to be a ‘ Free Trade ‘ agreement and anybody that wishes to trade with them in anyway has to abide by their joint rules that they will announce. This will include charging same taxes so if the US implements their 25% ( unlikely you would think ? ) the EU will have to do it as well.

Maybe we are talking to the US but unlike Johnson not to be shouting from the rooftops that he has a deal at the ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remind us how many the EU has exported to the UK

Now we have left, perhaps it's a good time to ditch the metric system. After all, it was developed by the French 

Return to imperial. Get rid of metres and kilograms. Many of us are all mostly familiar with lbs and oz, feet and inches, anyway. Let's go the whole way, and bring back £sd

It will be good for the younger generation, who will develop better mathematical skills working in base 12, 14, 16 and 20.

It will be a boost to the printing industry, with lots of technical and educational books needing re-publishing. Also for manufacturing as lots of products will need to be reproduced, like scales, tape measures, etc

It could give us a trade advantage, as they won't be familiar with the units (as long as they don't pick it up quicker than us)

24 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Now we have left, perhaps it's a good time to ditch the metric system. After all, it was developed by the French 

Return to imperial. Get rid of metres and kilograms. Many of us are all mostly familiar with lbs and oz, feet and inches, anyway. Let's go the whole way, and bring back £sd

It will be good for the younger generation, who will develop better mathematical skills working in base 12, 14, 16 and 20.

It will be a boost to the printing industry, with lots of technical and educational books needing re-publishing. Also for manufacturing as lots of products will need to be reproduced, like scales, tape measures, etc

It could give us a trade advantage, as they won't be familiar with the units (as long as they don't pick it up quicker than us)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think @SwindonCanary is adopting the rather curious logic that Brexiteers are forced into to in order that they can argue that the 10 million vaccines exported from the EU to the UK arn't EU exports, but rather exports from factories located in the EU but nothing to do with it (me neither!).

Taken to its logical end Germany exports no cars to the UK, it is factories that do it, France exports no wine, Italy no cheese etc. At a stroke the EU/UK trade deficit is gone, but the UK has a deficit in trade with factories in the EU.

Surely, now, we have hit peak Brexiteer stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

tell me where it says the EU  manufactured them ?  It's you talking  talking absolute tosh

Lol

we will let others decide. 

5 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I think @SwindonCanary is adopting the rather curious logic that Brexiteers are forced into to in order that they can argue that the 10 million vaccines exported from the EU to the UK arn't EU exports, but rather exports from factories located in the EU but nothing to do with it (me neither!).

Taken to its logical end Germany exports no cars to the UK, it is factories that do it, France exports no wine, Italy no cheese etc. At a stroke the EU/UK trade deficit is gone, but the UK has a deficit in trade with factories in the EU.

Have you forgotten we make some of the vaccine in this country before it goes out to Europe, not the EU  

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

We certainly don’t export any shellfish to the EU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

We certainly don’t export any shellfish to the EU.

Or Salmon

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Haha! dangerous to think SC can't demonstrate even greater stupidity than that

• Haha 1

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Have you forgotten we make some of the vaccine in this country before it goes out to Europe, not the EU  

Show us a link, we have not exported 1 dose anywhere ( and note I have not commented wether I think it’s good or bad ). Or maybe the government lied this morning when they said they would not be and have not exported any vaccine anywhere and will not until we have a surplus. As it stands we will manufacture 104 million doses this year the EU 2 billion and they are now talking to the US to up that.