Jump to content
Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

Manufacturing activity grew modestly in the quarter to April while stocks rose at a record pace, according to the latest quarterly CBI Industrial Trends Survey.
The survey of 270 manufacturing firms showed that while output growth sped up slightly in the three months to April, it remained relatively modest overall. Manufacturers expect output volumes to be broadly flat in the next three months.
Total new order volumes grew slightly in the three months to April, driven by a marginal increase in domestic orders, while export orders were steady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Manufacturing activity grew modestly in the quarter to April while stocks rose at a record pace, according to the latest quarterly CBI Industrial Trends Survey.
The survey of 270 manufacturing firms showed that while output growth sped up slightly in the three months to April, it remained relatively modest overall. Manufacturers expect output volumes to be broadly flat in the next three months.
Total new order volumes grew slightly in the three months to April, driven by a marginal increase in domestic orders, while export orders were steady. 

There you go

The IHS Markit/CIPS UK Manufacturing PMI was revised higher to 58.9 in March 2021, from a preliminary estimate of 57.9 and above February's 55.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another day, another loss'

'The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of the new trade barriers in place since 1 January.''

“This move will obviously mean a loss in tax revenue, jobs and investment in the UK economy,” he said.''

"The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said the government was “aware of the challenges faced by hauliers moving mixed loads of products of animal origin and other commodities to the EU” because of Brexit "

but conveniently forgot to tell the thickos that 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/01/brexit-scottish-dog-food-firm-relocates-to-france-due-to-export-red-tape

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

WHO slams slow rollout of vaccines in Europe, says it's prolonging the pandemic as new variants circulate

Roger Daltrey, again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another step on the road to rejoining. 😀

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/01/uk-pledges-extra-250m-for-hi-tech-research-collaboration-with-eu

The government has stepped in at the 11th hour with an additional £250m in funding to help pay for the UK’s association with Horizon Europe, the European Union’s funding programme for research and innovation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bill said:

another day, another loss'

'The founder of a Scottish dog food business has told how Brexit forced him to move to France after his exports to the EU were halted because of the new trade barriers in place since 1 January.''

“This move will obviously mean a loss in tax revenue, jobs and investment in the UK economy,” he said.''

"The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said the government was “aware of the challenges faced by hauliers moving mixed loads of products of animal origin and other commodities to the EU” because of Brexit "

but conveniently forgot to tell the thickos that 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/01/brexit-scottish-dog-food-firm-relocates-to-france-due-to-export-red-tape

 

 

 

Hey Bill! perhaps we have just misunderstood what the brexiteers were claiming all along. We thought they were claiming that UK businesses will be able to export their goods to the EU as normal after Brexit. Now it has become apparent they weren't talking about the export of UK goods, but the export of complete UK businesses to the EU. How silly of us not to realise this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me why exporting to the EU why it's a completely new set of paper work for different countries ?   I believed the EU was the same big club.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can anyone tell me why exporting to the EU why it's a completely new set of paper work for different countries ?   I believed the EU was the same big club.   

It's sovereign countries controlling their own borders. It's what you voted for. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

sovereign countries controlling their own borders

Is what not what the EU is about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is what not what the EU is about 

We're NOT in the EU numbskull. It's what you voted for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

We're NOT in the EU numbskull. It's what you voted for.

read what I wrote again. NUMBSKULL !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is what you wrote NUMBSKULL, incomprehensible ungrammatical rubbish:


"Is what not what the EU is about" 

This not even the level of English of a 5-year-old

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

What you talking bout Swindo? 

Now be fair Herman, you can't expect him to answer a difficult question like that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can anyone tell me why exporting to the EU why it's a completely new set of paper work for different countries ?   I believed the EU was the same big club.   

can you tell us what are these differing rules, so we might explain

an example or two, perhaps ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bill said:
1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

s a completely new set of paper work for differ

can you tell us what are these differing rules, so we might explain

an example or two, perhaps ?

how can we offer any explanation, as you asked, if you do not provide any example ?

"a completely new set of paper work for different countries" swindo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

DUMB REMAINERS !

So that's your considered response to a request asking you what the hell you mean by your incomprehensible claims. And then you have the cheek to whine about people ridiculing you. So let's try and make this as simple as possible:

1. You voted for the withdrawal of the UK from the EU and Single Market.

2. Therefore, you voted for the requirement for a whole set of new regulations (red tape) to regulate the new trading arrangements between the EU and UK.

3. You supported the government's refusal to sign up to an agreement to match the EU's quality standards in order that the UK government could diverge from those standards.

4. Therefore you voted for a brexit deal that required a vastly increased level of regulations and red tape in order for the EU to protect itself from being flooded with imports that fail to meet the quality standards that it demands from its own members.

So, two questions for you:

A. Which part of this very simple and obvious explanation don't you understand?

B. Are you now claiming that you didn't understand the clear consequences of voting for the brexit deal you supported?

 

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is what not what the EU is about 

Once again you demonstrate that you voted to leave an organisation you know very little about.

 

Edited by A Load of Squit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Once again you demonstrate that you voted to leave an organisation you very little about.

I say old chap

I think describing mouse brain's knowledge of the EU as 'very little' is rather stretching things

absolutely far call would be more accurate

as to the thought that he might know what he has posted, then see above

as usual. he has found something of one of his dodgy websites that proves that the EU is wicked

without any evidence, bar the words swindo has bleated out

a sympton of brexiter stupidity normal folk ghave grown used to over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ask again, Why is the paperwork completely different ,  depending on which country it goes to in the EU even if it's travelling though that country  ?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I ask again, Why is the paperwork completely different ,  depending on which country it goes to in the EU even if it's travelling though that country  ?

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER ?

where is your proof ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herman said:

It isn't. 

swindo lying again .....................................gasp 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bill said:

swindo lying again .....................................gasp 😮

Is every one who you don't agree with a liar Billy?? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...