Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Wether right or wrong we were assured the EU would never do this as ‘ they needed us more than we needed them ‘, were we misled again.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

You voted for this to happen.

Exactly

The EU has done nothing. It is the stupidity of the UK putting itself outside the EU, where such restrictions do not apply - that is the reason for being in the EU......durrr

It was repeatedly explained what leaving the EU would entail, so stop keep whining

And the idea that perishable goods such as seafood can be sold outside a very limited geographical market is incredibly stupid even for you.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

And the idea that perishable goods such as seafood can be sold outside a very limited geographical market is incredibly stupid

The goods were OK before we left yet now they say the sea has not been cleared !

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

The EU are being awkward, full stop ! 

No, you are lying yet again, and they are merely applying the rules which apply to all other countries that are non EU

rules the UK agreed on when it was a member

now why not stop keep whining and accept what you voted for

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The goods were OK before we left yet now they say the sea has not been cleared !

Should the EU not be allowed to control its borders - decide what comes into the EU

and these rules apply to ALL other non EU countries, why should they not apply to non EU UK

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He lies more than Moy.

Still haven’t had my link. Wouldn’t mind but it was said to provoke racial hatred, if he lied and there is no link why not admit you got it wrong.

I thought promoting racial hatred was a crime in the U.K. but it seems to be ok if aimed at a certain group of countries.

He's morally bankrupt. That's why Moyo likes him. 

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Clean up our seas and we may be able to export our crustaceans. 

is that Kings Cross Station or Charing Cross Station 😋

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Go back and read it again. Before we left the rules about purification applied differently. After we left we were no longer covered by those rules.

It's what you voted for.

• Haha 1

but perfectly legal, and will not change so stop keep whining

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

EU ban on many UK shellfish exports is "indefensible" and "unnecessary"

It's not a ban, it's about where the purification takes place and the associated paperwork.

You voted for this to happen.

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Lol that is so funny.

You have just admitted to another lie I was fed by the leave campaign that we were more important to Europe than they were to us. Why worry about it ? We left and were told they would never do something like this, you were wrong. How can you hate them, but expect them to love us ? It seems ( so far could change ) where we said we would produce everything here the only place that is happening is the EU where they now seem to make it themselves and not require our goods. Let’s hope it will change.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

EU ban on many UK shellfish exports is "indefensible" and "unnecessary"

Time to take another IQ test SC. Anything above 50 I'd take as a positive. 

Breaking news

Mad Moy, constantly stirring up hatred towards EU member citizens and ‘ only good Europeans are dead Europeans ‘ on a different thread is telling us how wonderful Teemu Pukki is ( shows a bit more he was the poster Teemu’s Right Foot ). However it’s all ( as you tell us ) Europeans we should hate, you can’t pick and choose.

23 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Time to take another IQ test SC. Anything above 50 I'd take as a positive. 

explain to me how the seas have been OK whilst in the EU but have suddenly changed since leaving

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

explain to me how the seas have been OK whilst in the EU but have suddenly changed since leaving

The seas haven't changed, the shellfish went tbrough a purification process before we left and it has to go through a purification process now we have left. 

When you voted for the UK to leave the EU you voted for the process to take place outside the EU and the paperwork associated with the process has to be filed with the EU.

You voted for this.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As many have pointed out the EU are just applying the rules that we helped draw up for 'third' countries. No more and no less. Surely Farage who was on the EU's fisheries committee must have known. Anyway It's exactly what you voted for. There are many more deserving cases of our sympathy than the largely Brexity fishermen and women. They'll have to retrain.

Personally, I think you ought to apologize to the fisherman for either being so gullible and/or so stupid. It's one or the other probably both.

Edited by Yellow Fever

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Surely Farage who was on the EU's fisheries committee must have known.

Yep! bit of a shame he never bothered to attend the meetings. Maybe he might have been able to warn the brexiteer supporting fishermen what would happen when we moved to "third country" status.

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

he EU ban on many UK shellfish exports is "indefensible" and "unnecessary", the environment secretary has said.

George Eustice warned that fleets would have to find "alternative markets" if the EU would not adjust its position.

The EU has placed indefinite restrictions on British fishermen wanting to sell live mussels, oysters, clams and cockles to its member states.

The National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations has warned that the impact on the sector could be "severe".

Last month, it emerged that the EU had placed indefinite restrictions on British fishermen selling live bivalve molluscs such as mussels, oysters, clams, cockles and scallops to EU countries.

Since 1 January, UK firms have only been able to send pre-purified, ready-to-eat shellfish - accompanied with an export health certificate - to the continent.

Up until 2021, products could be purified after arriving at their destination.

Shellfish caught in the the cleanest waters - categorised as "class A" - can be transported without purification, but most UK coastal seas do not fall into this category.

The UK government had initially expected the restrictions to end on 21 April, but the EU says the current arrangements will stay indefinitely.

Appearing before the Commons Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, Mr Eustice said the EU's position was "deeply frustrating".

He suggested that businesses in the EU such as French restaurants were keen for the trade to continue but said the European Commission "famously doesn't always move or react to democratic representations, even from its own member states".

As others have pointed out the EU has done no such thing. The Brexiteers argued they wanted to be outside EU rules and they are, the government then negotiated what rules would apply (these ones), fought an election on it, muppets like you then voted for it (of course you always knew what you were voting for) and the government bullied it through parlement.

If only there was a framework of common standards the UK could sign up to that would make this problem go away 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We’re so lucky that our special relationship with the USA which our three Brexiteers kept referring too has reached a new low with the US now threatening to add import tax on UK goods! Brilliant not only have they killed our biggest market now they’re killing any chance of this new special trading relationship with one of the worlds leading economy!

Brexit the gift that just keeps on taking!

Please do not keep quoting George Eustice, Swindon.

The proud Cornishman who ships in Ukranians to work on his farms.

He will argue its because he cannot get Labour in this country. Well pay them more if its that important and make a little less profit you greedy wretch.

""Under WTO rules anything granted to Britain has to be given to everyone else (most-favoured-nation).  That would not need to be the case if this was covered by the TCA (an FTA): but the UK didn't want this to be covered, because that would mean continuing to be bound by the relevant EU regulations.  Inside the EU there can be trade without SPS restrictions because everyone signs up to the same rules.""

So, as stated. The UK chose to put itself outside of what it had before.

EU rules for non EU members have not changed, as with farming and so much else.

If you chose not to renew your ST you cannot then expect to retain your seat at CR under the same terms (price) as before

Not that complicated, is it ?

In the press conference the PM keeps referring to our ‘ special European friends ‘. I am confused therefore as to why he encourages his foot soldiers like Mad Moy to encourage racial hatred towards citizens of the EU. If I made those comments as Moy does encouraging racial hatred towards other communities I would have my posts removed, yet if you do it against Europeans that’s fine.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

""Under WTO rules anything granted to Britain has to be given to everyone else (most-favoured-nation).  That would not need to be the case if this was covered by the TCA (an FTA): but the UK didn't want this to be covered, because that would mean continuing to be bound by the relevant EU regulations.  Inside the EU there can be trade without SPS restrictions because everyone signs up to the same rules.""

So, as stated. The UK chose to put itself outside of what it had before.

EU rules for non EU members have not changed, as with farming and so much else.

If you chose not to renew your ST you cannot then expect to retain your seat at CR under the same terms (price) as before

Not that complicated, is it ?

This as he’s not interested in football so won’t understand your analogy.

So now businesses that trade with the US could be hit, wonder how many of them thought there was an oven ready ‘ special relationship deal ‘ on the table again. Certainly Moy told us there was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56565636

In addition to this I have also heard ( so not complete fact Mad Moy ) that America are now looking to build a special relationship with the EU ? Anyone got any links ?

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So now businesses that trade with the US could be hit, wonder how many of them thought there was an oven ready ‘ special relationship deal ‘ on the table again. Certainly Moy told us there was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56565636

In addition to this I have also heard ( so not complete fact Mad Moy ) that America are now looking to build a special relationship with the EU ? Anyone got any links ?

I did read something similar WBB. Can't for the life of me remember where but it was over the weekend so recent.