Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

But, but, but. This wasn't supposed to happen....

 

The chief executive of Airbus has said the future of its British wing plants is "secure" and there is "great potential to expand" post Brexit.

The aerospace giant had warned it could move wing-building out of the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Airbus employs 13,500 people in the UK, including 6,000 at its site in Broughton, Flintshire.

On Wednesday, Guillaume Faury said the fact MPs had backed Boris Johnson's Brexit deal made things more "certain".

Airbus's previous chief, Tom Enders, said last year the company would have to make "potentially very harmful decisions for the UK" in the event of no deal.

Mr Faury, who took up his role in April, said in his speech: "While global uncertainty won't end with the UK's withdrawal from the EU, Brexit is, at least, now for certain."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

But, but, but. This wasn't supposed to happen....

 

The chief executive of Airbus has said the future of its British wing plants is "secure" and there is "great potential to expand" post Brexit.

The aerospace giant had warned it could move wing-building out of the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Airbus employs 13,500 people in the UK, including 6,000 at its site in Broughton, Flintshire.

On Wednesday, Guillaume Faury said the fact MPs had backed Boris Johnson's Brexit deal made things more "certain".

Airbus's previous chief, Tom Enders, said last year the company would have to make "potentially very harmful decisions for the UK" in the event of no deal.

Mr Faury, who took up his role in April, said in his speech: "While global uncertainty won't end with the UK's withdrawal from the EU, Brexit is, at least, now for certain."

Because at the moment there isn’t a “no deal” as I pointed out, the UK is still de facto in the EU and will still be on Feb 01. The political uncertainty may have been resolved, the economic issues that flow from that will come along later .... 

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Herman you live in a fantasy world !

Simple maths dear boy.

UK vote share

After 650 of 650 seats

Party % share  
CON Conservative 43.6%  
LAB Labour 32.2%  
LD Liberal Democrat 11.5%  
SNP Scottish National Party 3.9%  
GRN Green 2.7%  
BRX The Brexit Party 2.0%  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CON Conservative 43.6%  voted out
LAB Labour 32.2%   wasn't too sure which way to go and some just vote for them anyway
LD Liberal Democrat 11.5%  wanted to stay in
SNP Scottish National Party 3.9%  wanted an independent Scotland
GRN Green 2.7%

 wanted a wonderful planet

BRX The Brexit Party 2.0%    out

You are no longer a remainer and as you lost the the election by a BIG margin, you will, from then on, be the minority.   Simple maths

Edited by SwindonCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some facts for you to struggle with.

I am still a remainer.

We did lose the election.

The Tories are in charge.

The majority of the country still didn't vote for this.

You own Brexit now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are no longer a remainer and as you lost the the election by a BIG margin, you will, from then on, be the minority.   Simple maths

It is time to move on @SwindonCanary, Johnson and the government intend to no longer refer to Brexit so perhaps you should follow. That argument is done, and whether the opinions you hold are in the majority, and at best that is likely to be marginal, and we no longer debate on hypertheticals but we will start to see the evidence with our own eyes. If it proves to be a success, great, I am sure there is something else to argue about. If it unwinds to be a shambles, well those who argued for it own it and will be judged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

Some facts for you to struggle with.

I am still a remainer.

We did lose the election.

The Tories are in charge.

The majority of the country still didn't vote for this.

You own Brexit now.

You'll be telling us Oswald shot JFK next. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

It is time to move on @SwindonCanary, Johnson and the government intend to no longer refer to Brexit so perhaps you should follow. That argument is done, and whether the opinions you hold are in the majority, and at best that is likely to be marginal, and we no longer debate on hypertheticals but we will start to see the evidence with our own eyes. If it proves to be a success, great, I am sure there is something else to argue about. If it unwinds to be a shambles, well those who argued for it own it and will be judged.

I DIDN'T START IT !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I'm fairly certain of is that in 20 to 30 years it will be quite hard to find anybody alive who would admit to voting for Brexit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Herman said:

Some facts for you to struggle with.

I am still a remainer.

We did lose the election.

The Tories are in charge.

The majority of the country still didn't vote for this.

You own Brexit now.

The majority of the UK never votes for any winning party.  In a democracy the losers accept the winner by virtue of 'losers consent' so grow up and try to act as a mature person that believes in democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

The one thing I'm fairly certain of is that in 20 to 30 years it will be quite hard to find anybody alive who would admit to voting for Brexit.

It will be the other way round once the irrational doubters are won over, just as Trump are winning them over in the USA.  Under a true leader such as Boris that believes in our country, backed up by the majority of the population that also believe in our country we are going to thrive and you lot of fearmongers and troughers and going to look very very stupid in years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

The one thing I'm fairly certain of is that in 20 to 30 years it will be quite hard to find anybody alive who would admit to voting for Brexit.

Presumably none of the nearly 800, 000 who currently qualify for a pension from the EU will do. Which in "20 to 30" years time will likely double and more.

That's just not MEP's, but the army of office staff, administrators and even taxi drivers who shuffle the whole lot between Brussels and Strasbourg at regular intervals.

Less government, not more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It will be the other way round once the irrational doubters are won over, just as Trump are winning them over in the USA.  Under a true leader such as Boris that believes in our country, backed up by the majority of the population that also believe in our country we are going to thrive and you lot of fearmongers and troughers and going to look very very stupid in years to come.

Paul. In 20 to 30 years most of those who voted for Brexit will have departed. It's a sad but pertinent truth. 45 was the cross over age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It will be the other way round once the irrational doubters are won over, just as Trump are winning them over in the USA.  Under a true leader such as Boris that believes in our country, backed up by the majority of the population that also believe in our country we are going to thrive and you lot of fearmongers and troughers and going to look very very stupid in years to come.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

53.5% Disaprove

41.8% Approve

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:
CON Conservative 43.6%  voted out
LAB Labour 32.2%   wasn't too sure which way to go and some just vote for them anyway
LD Liberal Democrat 11.5%  wanted to stay in
SNP Scottish National Party 3.9%  wanted an independent Scotland
GRN Green 2.7%

 wanted a wonderful planet

BRX The Brexit Party 2.0%    out

You are no longer a remainer and as you lost the the election by a BIG margin, you will, from then on, be the minority.   Simple maths

You’re 100% an idiot and ignorant racist/bigot. Simple maths 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I DIDN'T START IT !

I know you’ve got the intellect of a toddler, but no need to behave like one, Swindo 👶🏻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You’re 100% an idiot and ignorant racist/bigot. Simple maths 

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position, trying to appear confident !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position, trying to appear confident !

Indeed, you voted for one Swindo 

F048D654-1C64-42E5-9415-852EB14027EE.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You’re 100% an idiot and ignorant racist/bigot. Simple maths 

Tut Tut  HHS.. you missed FVCKWIT and LIAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Well until the actual votes are cast polls are all we have... if Trump is "winning them over" you would expect his poll numbers to be improving month over month ... and guess what? They are not.

 

A good resource here 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

Do not believe polls.  Many are politically motivated just the remainer ones were and there is only one poll that counts. Some just never learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position, trying to appear confident !

Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position, trying to appear confident !

Edited by SwindonCanary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm writing about you ! throwing insults around all the time

How do you feel about Johnson saying those things though? Do you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

How do you feel about Johnson saying those things though? Do you agree?

He can say what he likes, it will be voted through parliament  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwindonCanary said:

He can say what he likes, it will be voted through parliament  😉

Proves what a hypocrite you are. And a bigot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×